Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trusted Social Butterfly

Free Method isn't Working

Hello Community,

I've used (5) different browsers to use the "Free Entry Method" in Redeem section to no avail.  I keep getting a Error message asking to refresh page on every browser with my login.

Is anyone else having this problems?

@sandycould you please help?

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Screenshot_2020-01-28 AARP Rewards Prize verification and shipping(1).png

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Andrew,

Taking a break from the constant Rewards problems😤.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Social Butterfly

@mi4090 

Hello Marilyn,

I won at around 5:44PM ET once and once at 11:49PM...free method.  Not much help; I don't suppose.

Nice to see you posting,

AndrewToo
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Andrew,

Congratulations on your wins this year👏.  Around what time are you winning using Free Method?

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Social Butterfly

@mi4090 

Hey Marylin,

The free method has worked for me today and late yesterday.  I hope it is working for you now.

I have always used the free method.  I had a long dry spell with no wins.  However, since late September I won a $10 Petco(☹) which I wish I could trade for another $10 gift card and a $25 Showtime Streaming Service eGift Card.  I already get Showtime through Amazon and I guess I will shut it off for a month or two and get Showtime separately.  The Showtime was won in early October.  So, two wins this year using the free method.

I like the free method because I like to maximize my points.  I use a laptop and when I come to the form for a given free instant win entry, I just click on the the first box and it will allow me to autofill everything except the bottom where I must choose my date of birth with the dropdown menus.

So, I like to see the free method available and hope that it continues to be available.  It saves me 350 points per day and I have never had a single point expire (knock on wood).

Good talk ...Thanks for posting.

Take care, 

AndrewToo
Silver Conversationalist

I agree with @rednexsrus that the free method to play the Instant Win games takes too much time and effort now that there are 7 games to play each day.  Much easier and time efficient to spend 50 points to play the games.  You can easily earn the points back by doing one quiz or watching one video. 

Silver Conversationalist

@mi4090

Good morning Marylin, There has been a lot of discussion in the forum about the Free Entry Method for Reward Wins, so I decided to check it out for myself. I tried doing the Darden Instant Win and it went OK, no problemo, as expected I did not win Ha Ha Ha no surprize there 🤔 🤔

I understand the concept of FREE but having to download say 7 Instant Win rules and then fill out each one and submit them one at a time isn't that "way too much sugar for a dime" 

Then you have to do it all over again every day, for each one.  Right ??? Then if you do Sweeps you have to do the same thing for each one you enter 'unh-unh' 

good luck with that !! or am I missing something ?? Que sera sera 

After all if we don't spend the points they are just going to take them away from us 😫  😫

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Lucy,

Free Method is working by allowing you to enter, but never win.  I can't use a $5 Instant Win, it's worthless to me.

I will go through the trouble for a $10 card, but my devices will auto-fill everything but DOB . 

It's sad we're talking about $10 when I've won $100 cards in the beginning using this method.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Rewards Warriors,

I typed the entire web address for a Instant Win using Free Method and verified it (3) times an got the error message.  I noticed that clicking on the link only the first part of the address is highlighted and loads.

Asking again if anyone is winning using the Free Method😤?

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Community Warriors,

I'm beginning to think the "Free Method" is stuck in "Play Again Daily" mode. 

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Community Warriors

@ralmon @andrewtoo @Brightpool @gm5271 @rednexsrus 

Ray, Andrew, Lynn, Ginger & Lucy,

Have any of you won anything using the "Free Method" in the last (4) weeks?

If so, what was it and what time of day/night are you getting the wins (PT, MT, CT, ET)?  Last time free method win worked for me was in December.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@mi4090 

I have only won a daily instant win once and it hasn't been in the past four weeks, to my recollection.  I have never won a weekly instant win.  And, yes, I have used the free option.

No luck here.

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Andrew thanks for letting me know I'm not along using the free method trying to win something lately.

If any other members are winning can you please share the time of your win and what it was?

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@mi4090  Believe it or not I finally won a daily instant win.   It was using the alternate method you posted about.  (Thanks, I didn't know about that.)  It was in the very early hours of the morning as I woke up at 3 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep.   Played about 5 a.m. ET.    That was this morning, 2/18.  

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @HokiePoq 

Congrats on your winHeart  Thanks so much for letting me know that it's still working for some of us and the details of the time won.

Enjoy your prize!

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Woohoo, just won a $10 PetCo gift card.

@mi4090- I used the alternate (free) method. Time was 16:11 CST, not that it really makes a diff, because the times are randomized.

Just waiting for the email confirmation now.

Cheers,

Ray

Trusted Social Butterfly

@ralmon 

Congrats RayHeart

I've given up on playing and entering, just banking points now.

Thanks for letting me know.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Conversationalist

@mi4090 

Thanks Marylin,

I've only entered on occasion. Seemed useless to play for things I wouldn't even use. This will be a gift for my neighbor who has 4 dogs.

Now, that the regular sweep entry has some kind of screwup, I'm not sure I'll continue putting points there either. We'll see what the managers have to say about that odd behavior.

Cheers.

Ray

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Is the free method working for the Lowes card?   I got the same BS message when I tried that I got for the previous one.  Sucked the points out of me the first day as I didn't notice it was different from the other instant loses.  If a free entry is legally required for the $10 instant wins, it is surely required for the $100 ones as well.  This is not legal unless I'm the only one it's happening to this time for some reason.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

@HokiePoq  It's working for me. https://sweeps.aarp.org/24q1instantwin/oamoe_entry?game=C0F5D640-C5EF-11EE-88D7-4C4409B52061. If you haven't spent the points yet I would try the amoe link again. Sometimes it has a lot of people trying at the same time and gives an error message. 

Gold Conversationalist

@tribble22   Thanks so much.   Glad it's really working this time!

Trusted Contributor

@HokiePoq  You're welcome. I'm glad it's working too. I hope it works for you. (They never fixed/put in the correct Marriott link.)

Social Butterfly

@HokiePoq 

Thanks for letting us know that you were able to win a daily instant win with the alternate method.  I was beginning to wonder if we could actually win using that method.

AndrewToo
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Community Warriors,

On 2/4/20 @ 8:42p CT, I used the Free Method to play for the Bed, Bath & Beyond (Weekly Instant Win) and it worked.  Everything on the Rewards site resets for me at 11p CT/12a ET.

At 12:38a CT/1:38a ET I tried the Free Method to play for Bed, Bath & Beyond (Weekly Instant Win) and kept receiving the message Play Again Daily.  I experienced this for more than an hour.  I wasn't able to use the Free Method during the time period of 12:38a CT to 1:59a CT, and unable to play for the Weekly Bed, Bath and Beyond Instant Win.  At around 2:04a CT/3:04a ET was able to enter information and submit and got the "Play Again Daily" message.   This is the 2nd time this has happened.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@mi4090 

I believe the Daily/Weekly wins typically reset at 9am Eastern.

Rules for this specific one don't lay it out, but I have seen it in a previous one where a day was defined as 9am to 8:59am the next day. Here the rules just lay out the begin and end of the whole week.

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mi4090 and @ralmon .  Ralmon's reply is correct.   A day is defined as 9am to 8:59am the next day.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

Why was I able to submit Free Method on 2/5 @ 2:04a CT, but not before?

So if I play after 12a ET on 2/6 it still counts as 2/5 Free Entry method? 

Also, after using Free Method without winning, why does the system allow you to play again using points?  Shouldn't that be faded out after playing once for the day?

@ralmon 

Ray was able to submit Free Entry on 2/5 after 2a CT and not before, very strange😕

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mi4090   We not seeing an error with this link and haven't seen any others discussing it.  Can you try again and let us know if you are successful?  

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

This is happening before 6a EST.

Thanks,

@mi4090 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP