Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Periodic Contributor

Error message at checkout

I constantly get errors on when trying to purchase cards on my mom's AARP account. My account seems to be okay, but hers is not. This is the error message:

image.png

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

We're so sorry to learn you're having trouble purchasing gift cards. We'd like to work with you to get this figured out. Can you send us a private message, so we can look into this with you? 

Periodic Contributor

I had similar problems and it was because I was trying to use my credit card on my mom's account to buy her gift cards. The problem was that it was using her address to verify the credit card. If this is your problem, there may be a few options... 1) Use one of her credit cards so address matches. 2) Change her address to match your credit cards (but that can mess you up if you have things shipped to her via that address (newsletters, etc). 3) Do like I did and add my mom as a cardholder on my account then her address will be listed as a valid address with your credit card. Hope this helps.

FYI, this wasn't an issue when you could use PayPal as a payment option...

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Thanks for sharing your tips, @DebraH365607. - Diana G.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP