Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

ERROR "OOPS MESSAGE" ON SWEEPSTAKES ENTRIES

Silver Conversationalist

ERROR "OOPS MESSAGE" ON SWEEPSTAKES ENTRIES

On 9/16/20, I tried to enter 3 sweepstakes, Fuel Up the Gas, Grocery Grab, and 2K Giveaway.  I entered 10 entries for each sweepstakes, and each time I got the message, oops, something went wrong instead of the "You're In" message.   Checking my Transaction history, I lost 3250 points for my entries on the 3 sweepstakes.  On 9/15/20, I got the "oops message" trying to enter the 2K Giveaway Sweepstakes, but the sweepstakes entry for the others went through.  In total, I lost 4500 points and was not able to enter 4 sweepstakes drawings. I am hesitant to continue to enter the sweepstakes as there doesn't seem to be any accountability of the number of entries we redeem with our points.  We take the risk of losing points and not being entered into the drawings.

Conversationalist

Because I have begun losing all hope that AARP would realize their mistake in dumping Deluxe, I have also only come here occasionally to see if someone has come to their senses, getting disappointed when I do. I used to earn max points every day and then redeem what I could.  Now I redeem what i can and the go to Earn to replace the points I spend, keeping my level static, at least until I start losing them to the time limit. Maybe by then there might be a reason to get more active again.

The primary reason for me coming to AARP Rewards For Good was the Carnival Gift Cards.  The one positive thing about the current version of E-Cards, is that they are (usually) available within minutes when you need to pay a deposit on a cruise, before you lose the hold on it. My recent attempt was botched and the credit card had to be told not to honor it.  That's all straightened out now, and the people at the AARP number helped by noting for them not to attempt to purchase the cards a second time. If I have the time to wait I can get Carnival (Plastic) cards elsewhere for a 12% discount. Currently the only other purchases I have made on AARP are Uber "cards" that I can apply to my Uber account right away, so I don't have to hang on to a piece of paper.  I've only used an Uber ride twice, but a lot of Uber Eats orders since Covid-19.  I haven't seen an offer for Uber, points only, for over a month now.  

On the other site, where I can get 12% off for Carnival Cards, they still use Deluxe, and I have nabbed a few daily deal cards for $5 off gas or Home Depot, etc, like I used to get at AARP RFG.

Social Butterfly

@RussellP197074 

Indeed Russell

I miss so many things we had in old Rewards program.... although my pocketbook has saved alot since no longer buying all the "Daily Deals" at 3pm used to get 2-3 a week got many great things back then & even won a few small sweeps then 

Take care stay safe

Ginger : ) 

Conversationalist

I am back, because someone gave me kudos and I came back to see what is going on.  I did modify my absence to actually play one or two entries in sweepstakes that might be worthwhile.  I just hope those entries are actually being logged for me.  I am earning enough points to roughly replace those that that I spend on sweeps.

Just like playing the lottery, if you don't play you can't win, but I don't buy more than one ticket in the lottery, so I am scaling back on spending points on sweeps, hoping that someday we will get back to cards(real cards btw, with magnetic strips, so the people at the register can scan them) of significant value.  There are a lot of people here on AARP who could be using e-cards, but there are a lot more store employees working the registers that have never seen them, and get confused when they have to enter the data. It's so much easier to hand them a card they can just scan in. It's just not worth the hassle for the small discount with current offerings.

When it comes to fixing IT issues, one would think that since IT personnel are working remotely the problems could or should be fixed faster.  I guess AARP does not have the right people in place.

Social Butterfly

@RussellP197074 

Hey Russell it was I who Kudo your post thought cute way you asked to be emailed once working again....😂 which would be never....ha ha even my community emails go to Spam have search to find

Anyways I thank you for replying a post today 

I'm no way active on Community as I used to be... just checkin occasionally and today doing that noticed all the topics on all 3 Rewards Community forums (earning/Redemption/general) are so out date... only a couple posts in the last week I was seriously wondering if they're just not showing up to me... strange so little posts these days.... What are you seeing??

My points total no longer updating way should and oops when enter Sweeps and Daily Deal for while now so really no longer feel anything on Rewards site is accurate and worth trusting process to be crediting & deducting points as should.... bummer indeed 🤯

Maybe everyone has joined me and you in coming to Community & Rewards sites alot less these days?? 😞

I have no million points to lose or need to spend... just earn enough to make monthly donations to AARP Foundation and try for few Daily Wins.... til next time

Hope all have a beautiful week

Stay safe 

Ginger ;  )

Conversationalist

Please, someone email me when Rewards is working like it should or AARP goes back to Deluxe. I'm not wasting anymore of my time with this.  It's just not worth it. I'll only keep watching to see if something worth taking a chance on buying with points only is available.  Until the points run out, that is.

Trusted Contributor

It is really not any fun on the “Daily Instant Win” when the box (with the confetti If you are so very lucky to win) doesn’t appear on the screen.  All I have received lately is the “oops.”  I would at least like to see the box and anticipate a possible win.  Not much fun with no box.  Seeing only the “oops.”

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @rednexsrus 

Lucy, I will let my points just drop off before being manipulated into a scam at the "Points Graveyard"😢.

Donate to Senior food drive ❤, where & when are these food drives in every states?  A lot of seniors on the site need this information.

Free is better than a $2 to $3 discounted paid for gift card😉. Mostly everything is in the eastern part of US😤

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hello @rednexsrus and @11320cs 

The "oops, something went wrong" message has been the most annoying issue for me by far.   Losing thousands of points daily and not knowing if the points were properly entered into the sweepstakes or the daily win.  It's no fun watching our points disappear, not knowing where they went. 

It appears this "oops" issue is not going to be fix anytime soon.  My Black Dashboard also has issues.  It is not updating in real time, and my dashboard has different totals on the Discover and Redeem pages vs the Earn and Transaction History pages.  Before anymore enhancement to the site is made, IT should fix the ongoing issues first.  JMHO

Community Concierge

@JoLo49 this is a known issue we are working on with our IT team. Thanks for your patience 

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @JoLo49 & Ray,

Oops means bye, bye points😯. Sweeps are a No No for me.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hello Marylin,

You're wise not to enter the sweeps and lose the points, however the points will eventually be lost if they are not used. There's not enough offerings to use up the points.
Silver Conversationalist

@JoLo49 

received 6 "oops messages" this morning upon entering the sweeps and one entry for the daily win. I am convinced the IT department has no intention of trying to fix this anytime soon. Probably another repeat of the "Transaction History" fiasco. You are so right that there are not enough reward offerings to make use of the points we earn. There still are no rewards for points only in the catalog. Does anyone remember the last time this happened ??  Can we say NEVER.

Has anyone seen a post from our Community Managers or Moderators

addressing these situations ? 🤔

@mi4090 

I guess you have the right idea, just avoid the Sweepstakes, after all as you so aptly named it "The points graveyard" (Cost me 5050 points this morning) but with no points only rewards  being offered whats left ? OH yeah, the purchase gift cards that some of us can't afford. Someone mentioned that with members not participating the Administrator (Merkle Inc aka HelloWorld) could advocate discontinuing the program all together. I certainly wouldn't put it past this organization. If you are responsible for administering a program then does it not follow that you are in charge of scheduling the maintenance and repairs to that program. Hmmmm

Just Saying

lucyp061351
Bronze Conversationalist

@rednexsrus wrote:

@JoLo49 

received 6 "oops messages" this morning upon entering the sweeps and one entry for the daily win. I am convinced the IT department has no intention of trying to fix this anytime soon. Probably another repeat of the "Transaction History" fiasco. You are so right that there are not enough reward offerings to make use of the points we earn. There still are no rewards for points only in the catalog. Does anyone remember the last time this happened ??  Can we say NEVER.

Has anyone seen a post from our Community Managers or Moderators

addressing these situations ? 🤔

@mi4090 

I guess you have the right idea, just avoid the Sweepstakes, after all as you so aptly named it "The points graveyard" (Cost me 5050 points this morning) but with no points only rewards  being offered whats left ? OH yeah, the purchase gift cards that some of us can't afford. Someone mentioned that with members not participating the Administrator (Merkle Inc aka HelloWorld) could advocate discontinuing the program all together. I certainly wouldn't put it past this organization. If you are responsible for administering a program then does it not follow that you are in charge of scheduling the maintenance and repairs to that program. Hmmmm

Just Saying

The program stinks now. I might stick around to redeem my points for gift cards but that seems to have been nerfed as well.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @JoLo49 & @11320cs 

I submitted max points on numerous Sweeps during R4G program without ever winning anything.  This is why I coined the title (Points Graveyard) for Sweeps entries.

It is truly just a way to give away your points. 

Seems that tracking entries is of no concern, due to odds of winning.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Silver Conversationalist

Hello Marylin,

You're right, the sweepstakes entries are going to the "Points Graveyard". I have never won a sweepstakes either, and the odds of winning is minuscule. There doesn't seem to be any accountability of the number of entries we enter. Hoping tech support fixes the "oops, something went wrong" message sooner than later.
Bronze Conversationalist

@JoLo49 wrote:
Hello Marylin,

You're right, the sweepstakes entries are going to the "Points Graveyard". I have never won a sweepstakes either, and the odds of winning is minuscule. There doesn't seem to be any accountability of the number of entries we enter. Hoping tech support fixes the "oops, something went wrong" message sooner than later.

I have noticed with the most recent change:

1. It is nearly impossible now to accumulate points and enter all the eligible sweepstakes everyday. In the past you could but not now.

2. Winning sweepstakes is very unlikely. Even if you somehow win, its not something I would expect with any frequency. 

3. You either enter the sweepstakes or lose the points. There use to be giftcards every other day. I have noticed in September it is like every week now. The Stitch Fix $30 gift card was gone in 24 hours.... that seems strange. Stitch Fix is kind of a new company, a lot of people don't even know what they do.

So If you redeem giftcards every month and enter sweepstakes you will likely run out of points very soon. The program if this continues, doesn't seem worthwhile much. 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Even worse is when OOPS happens on the Daily Win. Points are taken, but you don't get a win or lose notice.

I don't know if one has to confirm a win, but if so, you lose with an OOPS.

Trusted Contributor

Likewise I am getting the “Oops Message” on sweepstake’s entries.  Points are deducted regardless of the message.  Can someone at AARP Rewards tell us if we really did get our sweepstake’s entries?  
When I go back to try to enter again after getting the “Oops Message”, the message reads that I have reached the maximum entries for the day.  Did I?  Or are they just deducting points?  I have yet to win any sweepstakes.  I am beginning to think that sweepstakes are just a place to throw away earned points.

i am also seeing the same messages on the daily instant sweeps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP