Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trusted Social Butterfly

Daily & Weekly Instant Wins....Uhhh

Hello Community Warriors,

Is anyone who isn't in the Eastern time zone winning Daily or Weekly Instant Wins? 

After AARP Rewards went "live"  changing what's defined as a day from 12a ET to 11:59p ET to 9a ET to 8:59a the next day; I haven't been able to win a single daily or weekly Instant Win game.  I'm in the Central Time zone.  Is this change mostly beneficial to members in the Eastern time zone as most of the rewards in catalog?

If you are winning Daily or Weekly Instant Wins, what time zone are you?

Thanks for sharingSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I finally won my first daily instant win a few minutes ago for a Baskin Robbins $15 gift card. This is the first win of anything since AARP Rewards started in September. Granted, I haven't tried for every one offered. Before today, it's probably been at least weeks since I tried for the Daily.

Next, I'll see how the claiming works after I find the e-mail.

Wish me luck!

Enjoy!

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @Brightpool 

Congrats LynnHeart  So glad you won, was that win at 1:50p ET? Did you use points or the Free Method?

Enjoy your ice creamSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Thanks, Marylin.

By the free method, I guess you are referring to sending a postcard instead of entering on the Web site, right?

The time would have been according to the eastern time zone, so, yes, it would have been about 1:50 p.m., et.

I just clicked the entry in Rewards, so I used points only to get the coupon.

Since it was an egift card, the coupon was not only in the e-mail, but it was the e-mail I received. I had the option to print a copy of the coupon or to scan the code with my cell phone. I opted to print the coupon. I still feel more comfortable with something tangible in my hand. When it comes to coupons and such, my cell phone doesn't count as tangible.

After I printed the coupon, I handed it to my wife at her request ("...for my birthday?"). Maybe she'll take me with her when she goes for her double-scoop cone. For the $15, maybe we'll get two ice cream dates with it.

Enjoy!

Trusted Social Butterfly

@Brightpool 

Lynn, sure the wife wouldn't forget you since you won it.  Happy Birthday in advance.

You're right the Free Method is slower than the points redeemed method.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Contributor

Are you only trying around 8am? The instant win items are spread out at randomly-chosen times throughout the entire day (or week, for weekly items). To my mind, that means only a limited number become available each hour, on average, and I assume a lot of people are rushing in to try to win at the start. So I usually wait until later in the day, thinking that fewer people trying means that I have a better chance. YMMV.

I haven't won yet this year, but a relative of mine (also in Central time zone) won a daily instant win only a week or two ago. I told them about trying at different times of the day, but I don't know what time they tried and won. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @jamesc280668 

James thanks for responding.  Since December I've tried every hour within a 24 hour period at random times.  I have a log to track item, daily, weekly, date, points, free method and exact time tried.

Stuck on "Play Again Daily"😢

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Contributor

Well, the same person I mentioned just won a daily again (Amazon GC). I know luck is involved, but that made me wonder if people who won something in November and/or December are still "locked out" of winning. (I tried to win it minutes before they did.)

There was a post by AARP a month or so ago, saying there was a limit on instant wins, and then a later one that said they had removed the limits policy.

Since the Rewards site is still having problems, I can't rule out that they have also been unable (or maybe just forgot) to "un-limit" the people who won under the old policy. (The site often just "spins" in the early mornings, like around 5am CT, unable to show currently available rewards.)

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@jamesc280668 Here is our post on redemption limits: https://aarp.info/31T5Usm

Yes, Daily Instant Wins and Weekly Instant Wins are now unlimited. You are limited to 1 play per person per day. 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@jamesc280668 wrote:

Well, the same person I mentioned just won a daily again (Amazon GC). I know luck is involved, but that made me wonder if people who won something in November and/or December are still "locked out" of winning. (I tried to win it minutes before they did.)

There was a post by AARP a month or so ago, saying there was a limit on instant wins, and then a later one that said they had removed the limits policy.

Since the Rewards site is still having problems, I can't rule out that they have also been unable (or maybe just forgot) to "un-limit" the people who won under the old policy. (The site often just "spins" in the early mornings, like around 5am CT, unable to show currently available rewards.)

James, I don't know what's going on with the Instant Wins, I guess I'll just keep my points.  Right about forgot to "un-limit".  But it's been monthsSmiley Sad

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Central time. I won an instant daily win December 2nd. Before the time change? Regardless I do wonder if you have a point. Could the algorithm have an inherent bias?

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @a170938b 

I see you're an IT expert, just what the Community needs.  Can you write an algorithm to target a time zone?  That's my point. 

I also won Daily and Weekly Instant Wins in November and December but nothing after that.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP