Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

Carnival Gift Cards in AARP Rewards

We know you are all looking for these - and we will be sure to update you here when they return!  

AARPTeri
Community Concierge

@debraw113640 Carnival gift cards are currently available as a members only redemption item! Check out all of the travel redemption options in the catalog here: https://www.aarp.org/rewards/redeem/#sort-by=default&type=filter_travel

Periodic Contributor

Bought carnival gift card today for 500$ no email or details of the card. Can it be send to me.

Periodic Contributor

I got card details few hours later, putting question here.

Periodic Contributor

I got the mail after few hours pasting here

Community Concierge

@AshishK419892 Thanks for participating in the AARP Rewards program! Delivery of the gift card email can take up to 24 hours. Also, be sure to check your spam folders. Let me know if you do not receive the email after the 24 hour timeframe and I'll get to the bottom of it. I'm always here to help!

Contributor

Hi I bought gift cards last night and never got an email. Can you please check in this? Spent $1170 and not even a confirmation email?? 

Kudos
Views
Community Concierge

@CherylG620933 Hi Cheryl! Those gift cards were re-sent when you called in and you can expect to receive the emails within 24 hours. I'm always here to help if you need anything.

Contributor

How can we be notified when they are back in stock?

Community Concierge

@m588568c   Great question! We now have digital Carnival and Celebrity Cruise Line gift cards available for purchase in the Rewards catalog. Since they are so popular, we can't keep them on the digital shelf, so, if you don't see the cards in our catalog, please check back periodically as we add more inventory. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Is there a certain day or time the Carnival Gift Card become available on the site for purchase?

0 Kudos

I'm just over 50 and let my membership lapse and have not renewed because I was mainly using it to complete quizzes to purchase Carnival gift cards. When program changed I saw no need to continue paying for the membership when I couldn't get the benefit that I had signed up for. I haven't had a trip scheduled until now so I might look into the new program if it's working correctly. AARP should know that some people become members just for the discounts because every penny does count.

Contributor

I'm embarrassed that I didn't do my research before rejoining AARP a few minutes ago.  I thought I'd read that the Carnival Gift Card discount had become a "members-only" benefit.  Previously, I had been able to be part of the Rewards program and purchase them as a non-member.  It seems now that they have been dropped altogether.  I'll have to reconsider my AARP membership, too.

Community Concierge

@PhilS484738   We now have digital Carnival and Celebrity Cruise Line gift cards available for purchase in the Rewards catalog. They are popular and they do go fast. If you don't see the cards in our catalog, please check back periodically as we add more inventory.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

where do you we find the cards after you purchase them? I bought one before covid and now I dont know where to look for it

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@k338586b The gift card info arrives via email after a gift card purchase is complete. If you'd like to let me know what type of gift card it was and the date that you purchased it, I'll be happy to look into it further. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Is there a certain day or time the Carnival Gift Card become available on the site for purchase?

0 Kudos
Contributor

Jodee, thanks so much for the notification.  I thought I should just confirm that you were sure the Carnival and Celebrity gift cards were actually available at the time you posted yesterday.  I'm afraid I just saw the notification today (about 25 hours later) and I find neither Carnival nor Celebrity Cruise Line gift cards available in the Rewards Catalogue.  I even opened an incognito window to be sure I'm getting the latest information.  Were they there yesterday but sold out and were removed already?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Has this been resolved yet?  Is there an alternative way to get these right now?  I've been waiting patiently for these, but with no updates, I've lost a lot of faith in what you are all doing to resolve this.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

maybe if you beleive in santa claus..the carnival gift cards might return..

0 Kudos
Contributor

Where are the Carnival Gift Cards?  How long does it take to resolve the issue?

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@la32018190 We are still working on the issue -- stay tuned! 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Contributor

If you knew there was an issue, why do you still have them for sale.  I ordered one on Jan. 21 and have not been able to retrive my card.  AARP has sent out four e-mails with links, but none of them work.  Fix the issue or return my money. This whole web site change has been one big cluster.

Retired Moderator

@laaryvickiefuchs We are sorry to hear about your experience with the Carnival gift card. We'll work to resolve this issue for you ASAP. 

Overall, we are not currently experiencing issues with the purchase of Carnival gift cards, but rest assured we will determine why this is happening to you.

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I'm tired of "Staying Tuned".  This is ridiculous!  You knew the program was changing...why not work out the issue before releasing?  You knew that Carnival cards would be an issue as well.  Why upset the majority about these cards?  AARP knew these were high sellers!  

Donna Frizzell
Regular Contributor

Will there still be a 10% discount on the gift cards?  

This "gift card shop" thing AARP is using now is nothing more than a glorified vendor with no perks for using it except the hassle if there is no PIN included. 

Please, bring back the Carnival Gift Cards - not e-cards - with the 10% discount.  Those of us on a fixed budget could use the discount.... and it's the only reason I have remained an AARP subscriber.  

I'm thinking it's time to look elsewhere and not trust AARP - just as you have taught us in your "Scam and Fraud" sections! 

Donna Frizzell
Regular Contributor

Makes me wonder if aarp got Scammed and Frauded..
Trusted Contributor

The company that ran Rewards For Good, Deluxe Rewards, sold the Carnival e'cards a lot prior to this year. They'd switch back & forth between those and the physical cards, or sometimes sell both at once. I joined RFG almost 3 years ago and that company never had a problem with their e'cards. You simply print the email and take it with you aboard the ship and have them deposited to your onboard account at guest services. The only issue that I remember was a time when there were some fraudulent e'cards being sold somewhere online, so Carnival reps at guest services had to verify any e'cards with Carnival HQ before depositing them in someone's account. For some reason, that took them 24 hours and you had to wait until the next day to have them deposited.

The e'cards are nice because you don't have to wait for them to be shipped, which could be a few days up to a week or more, and sometimes you need them in a hurry. Plus you don't have to pay shipping. Since Deluxe Rewards never had a problem distributing e'cards, I think the recent problem with the PIN numbers was with this new company, HelloWorld, and not with Carnival.

I don't really care which ones they offer, the e'cards or regular ones, but with this ridiculous 1-3 cards per month limit, I don't see myself buying as many through AARP as I used to. And if I don't buy them, I seriously have to reconsider my membership. This new program is obviously strongly disliked by most users, so the big question is, will they listen to their customers or not?

Regular Contributor

I guess aarp just doesnt care bout its customers.  They know they have a major issue  and are still dragging their feet getting it taken care  of,and are upsetting many customers,

Conversationalist

I am somewhat concerned with the change to e-cards for Carnival, as well.  I know a year or two back, before I joined R4G, they were using e-cards before.  Did anybody use them on board to put money in their account without any issues? I would be afraid that they couldn't approve them on board and I would be out of luck.  Used the hard cards last fall without issue.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have used e-cards. I just print them out and take them to Guest Services. I love the fact you can get them quickly and do not have to wait for them to come in the mail. Comes in handy when you do no plan to book a cruise ahead of time, or see a good rate and have to put a deposit or pay in full immediately to guarantee the rate.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP