Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Complaints and Disappointments

Trusted Social Butterfly

AARP Rewards Complaints and Disappointments

Hello Rewards Warriors,

This post is intended to serve as a  location where members can share their complaints and disappointments.  Also, let Management know what we want to see in the catalog and voice your concerns. Let's speak up!

Hopefully, with this information in one place it'll be easier for Management to know what paying & non paying members think.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Once again i went out of my way to go to an exxon for the "rewards". and once again the app didn't work it was a completely useless trip (OUT OF MY WAY) !

do not appreciate that "**bleep**" and will not waste my time on this anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi @PhillipA297394, for questions about the Exxon Mobil Rewards+ program, visit: www.exxon.com/en/exxon-mobil-aarp-gas-rewards or call them directly at: 1-888-739-2730. Hours of Operation 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. ET, Monday-Friday. - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

The new Word Wipe is the worst thing I have ever seen! I used to enjoy playing everyday, now I hate it. And forget about me getting used to this new version, I won't! Why does AARP Rewards do all it can to alienate its members? Why did you need to change something that was working perfectly?

Just another reason to leave AARP. 

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@AlexisB112688 Thatโ€™s the whole point, they are charged with administering a rewards program that is so far ahead of their comprehension plus the fact they have no idea how to make it work, their solution is to get the members to give up and quit. SO SAD ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ขโ˜น๏ธโ˜น๏ธ

lucyp061351
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone ๐Ÿค— I hope everyone is doing well. Well I'm back with the same Major Issue. $5 gift cards. I understand that some of us can use them but I just feel that as long as we ( Members ) settle for these gift cards that even a child wouldn't want. The only people that are benefiting from this is AARP and Merkel. I'm really sick and tired of seeing the same people winning the Sweepstakes and IG. They threw us a few $10 gift cards at the beginning of the month. I just don't understand why they don't break down those $100 and $300 sweepstakes gift cards or go back to the days when we had Auctions. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@gm5271 

I like your calculations...an instant win every 85 minutes or so for a "regular" instant win!

But, I am clueless about the odds of winning.  I'm sure it changes during the day each day.

@al45009948 

I don't like giving my birth date for the free instant win entry, but, I do it anyway.  I'm thinking they know it already, so I'm not giving new information.  However, the information could be hacked, I suppose; everything can be hacked.

AndrewToo
Trusted Contributor

why do you fave to give your bd?  I play instant win, not each and every one and have never been asked for this.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone ๐Ÿค—. When you do the Free Entry you have to fill out the form before you can play ( Instant Try Again). Reason I don't like filling in my bd is that actually all I should have to fill out is my name and maybe city and state or zip code. Once the program looks up your name and zip code everything else should fill in automatically. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone ๐Ÿค—. I've noticed that hardly anyone has posted on this page lately. Anyway, I just wanted to say that when you go to the free method for the IW game and you fill out the form to see if you're qualified, it seems to take longer to fill it out than the Sorry try again tomorrow comes up. I know this isn't a big deal but it seems like you've already lost before you finish. And what's with the optional at the bottom. It seems to me that all that should be required is your name and address. They say that winning is based on how many people enter but how do they know? I'd really like to know how they calculate this process. I figure that some AARP members don't belong to the Rewards program and the members that are signed up for the Rewards program plus the non members ( does anyone know how many non members belong to the Rewards program? ) It's very mind boggling. Transparency is what I'm talking about. Why can't they let us know about how many IWG are available. I believe they should let us members only use points for these $10 IWG cards. Come on now, Give us a little Love. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
Social Butterfly

@al45009948 

Hey Al I'll try help with wee bit aware of...I don't do free entry (tried long ago felt took too much time)... Andrew @andrewtoo be a person ask about that... since I believe he does all that way

As far as how many non- members on Rewards... I'd say that # is astronomical... anyone's guess...yrs ago we asked about with no given answers....As far as how many Instant Win winners... Now each game offers 125 winners over course of 7 days which is number each IW lasts with exception to # of winners sometimes is more in special offers they do at times.... Used to be only 1 Instant win per day with 100 winners each day... til changed to 100 winners per 7 days then as is now 125 winners over 7 days so that's why have 7 offers to try each day - you can see date each ends at bottom of each offer

There are lots of old posts you could read that provide info at times of these changes being made

In past b4 changes I won on fairly regular basis once changed I'm now lucky if win once year... they say system setup to give certain amount winners each day (125 รท7=17ish day over 24 hrs= winner every 85ish minutes of day) 

Hopefully this helps a bit...Transparency is something we all desire from Rewards program but many times there isn't any

Good luck!

Ginger  ;  )

Kudos
Views
Contributor

Many of the questions that have been revised in the new format on AARP rewards quizzes do not align with the answer.  For example, question 4 โ€œon Test your knowledge on volunteeringโ€ has answers relating to lungs and airways.  I have found a number of these types of inconsistencies throughout the revised format questions.

Contributor

Please drop the Adidas gift card from the list of AARP Rewards. Even though they dropped Ye, the company does not deserve our support.

Periodic Contributor

The best way to not support adidas its not buying any of their products, some of us do not care about political/personal points of view. People should have options available!

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have an AARP Barclays Mastercard, have earned reward money but they changed their method of confirming your identity to text only. We do not text. Previously we were able to redeem our rewards through a code sent by e mail or phone call. Now they refuse to do that, only by texting, so all our rewards are frozen. We spent over 2 hours on the phone with them, wasted time! DO NOT USE RP BARCLAY M/C they will abscond with your reward money unless you textmessage. Many Senior like us do not text. AARP should NOT put their name on Barclayโ€™s credit cards!

Regular Contributor

I am sorry to hear of the issues faced when attempting to redeem your rewards with Barclays. You can always contact AARP for help if there's an issue with an AARP provider. Please use this link (https://help.aarp.org/s/) to contact us by phone, chat or text.

•            Description of your issue
  •            Mention that you are requesting an escalation

We look forward to hearing from you!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Additionally, finally a customer service rep called us back and left a message on our phone. But they left a bogus phone # for us to return their call!

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone ๐Ÿค—. Well my complaint today is about a quiz. I completed the ( The Heart-Smart Menu Quiz) for 450 Rewards points and when I finished it came back with ( Your Answer: Salad

Correct Answer: Salad

While starting your meal with either a broth-based soup or a garden salad has been shown to increase satiety equally making you less likely to indulge later on in your meal - the raw vegetables in a salad can often have more fiber than their stewed counterparts and contain less sodium. The American Heart Association recommends no more than 2,300 milligrams per day and an ideal limit of no more than 1,500

BROUGHT TO YOU BY Marcus: x

by Goldman Sachs"

You just missed AARP Rewards.

Our AARP Rewards program makes big life changes feel doable and, well, rewarding. Get started now to earn points for good-for-you activities like this one. ) When I started the quiz I saw the 450 point sticker. Once I was finished I was somehow signed out. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
Trusted Contributor

anytime I have an issue with a reward earning opportunity, if it doesn't reward I try it again.  If the second time same thing I contact aaro.  they are usually able to award the points.  last year there several months where some offers did not work today but worked tomorrow.  maybe someone else called it in but knowledge is power if you want your points

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone ๐Ÿค—. Once again I completed a quiz and no points. I redid the the other quiz over and received my points, but this time I refuse to redo quizzes that I've completed. 450 points for Thinking about a Hip Replacement . I'm just saying 

450 points 

Thinking About a Hip Replacement?

Take this quiz to test your smarts and prepare for a successful surgery by Candy Sagon and Michelle Crouch, Updated May 3,

ISTOCK / GETTY IMAGES

You answered 2 out of 8 questions correctly.

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

I looked over posts so didn't see any posts about

'Daily Deals' 

I've not really used this daily offer but used be huge fan of it in old Rewards program.... ๐Ÿค”I'm wondering if anyone else thinks they are going to remove this from Rewards Program? ยฟ?ยฟ?ยฟ 

It's been down over a week now

Plus checkout not working... seems crazy can't fix these things along with rest of issues

It is so disappointing seems all is a mess๐Ÿคฏ

Just curious.... how  much more can this program go in toilet ??

Have a great one

Ginger  ;  )

Kudos
Views
Contributor

I have noticed that you can no longer use rewards points for gift cards such as Amazon, Hooters, etc. Now these cards are only available for entering sweepstakesโ€ฆAlso disappointing

Bronze Conversationalist

Actually, you can still get gift cards for Amazon and others - it was last seen on Sept 28 - just two Wednesdays ago for 26,000 pts. and sold out in short time.... ---> LATEST AVAILABLE POINTS ONLY! - Page 2 - AARP Online Community

It's all a 'fluid/ ever changing' flow of new 'randomized' Gift Cards - particular cards get sold out quicker than others until...( AARP re-stocks..)  Amazon, Target, Subway, Dominos, Dunkin' etc. are some regulars that will show up thru out the months.

What you can do is post a reply in ---> LATEST AVAILABLE POINTS ONLY! - AARP Online Community   ... and whenever there are new posts written by 'most of us regulars,'  you would get an 'e-mail'  - which gives a 'real-time' notice of a sort.

๐Ÿ˜Ž     Hold On, I'm Coming - YouTube

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone ๐Ÿค—. I just have 1 question โ“ Are the people in the IT Department all Trainees. The reason I ask is that knowledgeable IT people know that you don't make changes to a running program without testing it before you throw it into the mainstream. These problems with these modified programs should be replaced with the last working program until they correct the problem with modified one. I gather they have a backup of the original. They're have 2 problems now. What's next? Redeeming for points. Come on IT department, get those backups out and work out the kinks on a backup system. ( Same thing I mentioned when I couldn't access my Rewards page.) I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone ๐Ÿค—. My new observance of the e-gift cards for points. I've noticed that several gift cards have been on the Rewards page for quite a while. Example,NASCAR Dollar Shave club NFLShop and let's not forget the Adidas $5 card ( which you can't buy anything for $5 ). So by having these gift cards on the Rewards page, they tend to add 1 $10 e-gift card that sells out very quickly ( my opinion is that they only have a few) . This is 4 spots that new cards won't appear. Alright AARP Rewards can't you take a hint. Get rid of these gift cards and replace them with some $10 or higher Members Only e-gift cards. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
Regular Contributor

Yes.  I think we all feel the same way.  $25 dollar gift cards, $20, $15 and $10 gift cards were very available  just a few years ago.  

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone ๐Ÿค—. Well I'm back to ask a question referring to AARP Rewards Sweepstakes and Instant Win games. What I don't understand is, if American Association of Retired Persons is supposed to be for people 50 and up, why is it that people 18 - 49 yrs old are eligible to win Sweepstakes and Instant Win games ? As a paid member ( 50 yrs or older ) I feel that these opportunities should only be open to us. AARP is what I'm to understand is for Retired Persons

I just don't understand that if one of the main purpose of this organization is to help seniors overcome some of life's obstacles. ( The more people that enter these games, the more contacts and some of their information is spread amongst sponsors and affiliates Worldwide. ) This is just my own opinion. I could go on and on but that's it for today. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist

The main thing here is that you don't have to be 50 years old to become a member.  Anyone can join AARP in order to gain the benefits in Rewards.  For example, when I started having trouble with purchasing gift cards, I had to start using another rewards program that uses the old partners that AARP used to have.  I have to use my points there, as opposed to just being a member here and buying without using points.  My son is a member and is under 40.  he is able to buy the same cards that I have trouble with.  For some reason AARP approves my purchase, but the card issuing partner does not accept it for reasons nobody has been able to inform me.  It shows up in my bank account and causes a hold on the funds until it clears.  

I only participate to keep a good balance of points in hopes that some day they might be worth something. I have never won a sweepstakes, and for a long time now have not won an instant el cheapo contest.  I'm pretty sure that, if I didn't have AARP UHC gap insurance, I wouldn't be here at all at this point.

Silver Conversationalist

@al45009948 

Kudos, al45009948 you are on target 

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
Super Contributor

I share your frustrations and opinions, but, unless @AARPJanelleM  or @AARPTeri or another member on the boards that knows better proves me wrong, I think that it is illegal to restrict sweepstakes and games in that way (either by age or by member/non-member).  For the same reasons there are "non-payment" (not using points) ways of entering the contests.  Unfortunately it is a situation of follow the law or don't have these games and sweepstakes at all.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP