Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Complaints and Disappointments

Trusted Social Butterfly

AARP Rewards Complaints and Disappointments

Hello Rewards Warriors,

This post is intended to serve as a  location where members can share their complaints and disappointments.  Also, let Management know what we want to see in the catalog and voice your concerns. Let's speak up!

Hopefully, with this information in one place it'll be easier for Management to know what paying & non paying members think.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. I hear what you are saying, but doesn't AARP Rewards have Members Only e-gift cards. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
Silver Conversationalist

@AARPJanelleM 

Any chance you can comment on AnneG461594's statement that it may be illegal to offer "Member Only" activities. Just Wondering 

lucyp061351
Silver Conversationalist

I am sorry AnneG but I have to agree with al45009948.

If what you say is true then how is AARP offering Videos, Quizzes, points only gift cards, discounted gift cards, local offers ect to it's MEMBERS ONLY. Check out the Video points only (300pts) section "Staying Sharp" all video's are Members Only

You can't choose just sweepstakes and games. I am sure our dear administrator is following the law very carefully.    🤔 🤔 🤔 Just Saying   

lucyp061351
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist

I am sorry AnneG but I have to agree with al45009948.

If what you say is true then how is AARP offering Videos, Quizzes, points only gift cards, discounted gift cards, local offers ect to it's MEMBERS ONLY. Check out the Video points only (300pts) section "Staying Sharp". 

You can't choose just sweepstakes and games. I am sure our dear administrator is following the law very carefully.    🤔 🤔 🤔 Just Saying   

lucyp061351
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. I'd like to express my thoughts on these new Rewards for points. I've noticed that there are a lot more but, what can we with trading approximately 60,000 plus or minus a few points for $15 total of e-gift cards. I know every penny helps, but come on, we seniors are living day to day. We could use a little more help from a company that are suppose to advocate for it's members. Here's a suggestion raise the point amount for a $10 or more e-gift card for points. Just a little 🤔. They're already charging a lot of points for a $5 e-gift card. Inflation is everywhere. Help us little but many little people out. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. I'm back again

Just wanted everyone to know that I went to the adidas website and checked out the prices. I noticed that a pair of socks cost about $24 . Now what the ## are we supposed to do with a $5 Adidas e-gift card. ( Which you can only get 1 per month) I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. I'm back with a new complaint. What's up with the AARP Rewards page problems? 🤔 There seems to be a problem everyday. Why don't AARP REWARDS do away with this rewards program and go back to the Auction days. I noticed that one or more members is complaining about gift card purchases , redeeming and now the popcorn factory gift card expired. C'mon, wake up IT department and if it's broke throw it away and go back to what worked. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
Contributor

I'm sure I'm in the wrong place but, if we when do they let us know in our AARP email app or our regular email?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@CharlesS360566 Hi Charles, let me help. When you play our instant win game on the AARP Rewards site, you’ll see a message saying you won or lost right away. If you win, you will receive an email with a subject line that says Congratulations - You've Won Today's Instant Win! 

If you enter a sweepstakes and you are chosen as a winner once it ends, you will receive an email with the subject line, that may say  "Congrats! Complete some next steps to get your prize." 

The emails are sent to the email address that you use to login to the AARP Rewards site. I'm always here to help if you need anything!

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Rewards Warriors,

Did anyone else redeem 22,000 points for $10 Chipotle gift card, receive the email and then get a data transmission error?

Any responses would be appreciated.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Community Manager
Community Manager

and @JeffreyH26257 Please call our customer service to get assistance, there were a few hiccups with this redemption and they can assist you -1 866-451-6305

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Hiccups?!?!?

More like Trainwrecks!

No offense to you personally, Teri, but Admin should walk in their Members' shoes every once in a while. The recurring and systemic problems with the AARP Rewards program go on for MILES.

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 😎. Hope everyone is doing well. I agree with you about AARP's systematic problems. I have been trying to access my Rewards page since June 9 of this year. I've spoken with them and nobodym seems to be able to help me. I still can't get over the fact that after I renewed my membership I'm not able to get any help with this problem. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
Periodic Contributor

Hi, both my husband and I redeemed and boath getting error page.

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. I hope I'm writing this in the correct place. This is about the the Forgotten newsletters. What has happened to them? It's been so long I forgot about receiving them. Maybe that's what they want us to do. I really miss the AARP Rewards which we are supposed to get 2x a week   I'm just saying

Concerned Member
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @AARPJanelleM 

UPDATE: Tried after typing this post, and now the options are available after a day.

I have a problem with Editing & Deleting a post in the Earn Activities Forum (Rewards Email Promo Code) post, these (2) options aren't available to me when using my desktop computer with Chrome, Explorer and Mozilla.

I've cleared cookies and cache to no avail.  Do you have any recommendations or does it need to be passed on.  This did happen to me on the 1st day of the Rewards program.

Any help would be appreciated.

Have a Blessed Day,

@mi4090 

Trusted Contributor

@AARPJanelleM Hello Janelle, was wondering if you could advocate an idea for rewards?  Many members, myself included, voice their frustration with only 3, and mostly low value, redemptions each month, my request is that periodically through the year an extra “surprise” redemption be allowed announced as a special gift for members only.  Everybody likes nice surprises. Thank you and appreciate your thoughts as well as members’.

Conversationalist

I second that emotion.

Silver Conversationalist

I'm disappointed the higher value "points only" $10+ gift cards are available to non-members.   The higher value cards should be reserved for members only and allow the non-members to redeem for the lower value $5 GC's.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist

Hi JoLo: have you ever wondered why we NEVER EVER get a response from management on these type of serious questions. Come On, why don’t they have the common courtesy of giving us a sensible explanation, after all we are adults not children and deserve to be treated better. Maybe if they would attempt to explain these decisions we could better understand the circumstances their choices.

Just Saying......Hope this is not considered ranting ! ! 😫

lucyp061351
Silver Conversationalist

Hi Lucy,

Today, I was happy Admin added the points only Container Store $15 GC  for members only.  This a great response to our complaints,  and I am hopeful more higher value GC's will be offered for members only going forward.

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. Hope everyone is doing well. I must say, I've seen a lot more $10 and up gift cards for members only since I didn't renew my membership 😅. Glad to see that someone is listening. Like I mentioned before that when ever they asked me to give them some feedback, I always complained about the fact that non members are getting the same opportunities as members. Members keep it up. There Is Strength In Numbers. Just saying

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

I'm complaining and disappointed because Hello World and Rewards program consider seniors as Cash Cows.  This is evident when browsing the Rewards catalog.

Where are the Rewards, is there another catalog I'm missing?

Trusted Social Butterfly

I'm complaining and disappointed that after completing all the Extra Credit activities there's no way to redeem points.  Also, after completing all activities the reward is Sold Out. 

I guess this is an improvement as per Management 😂.

Trusted Social Butterfly

I'm complaining and disappointed that we know longer have Daily Deals for "Points Only".

@AARPCarlaS  will we have "Points Only" daily deals again?

Trusted Social Butterfly

I'm complaining and disappointed that some purchased grocery digital gift cards (Safeway, Giant Eagle & Jewel-Osco) don't mention that it's in store only and can't be used on online. Rewards program refuses to issue a refund for disabled members.  BEWARE!!!

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

I'm complaining that when the Free Method is used, you get an error asking to refresh and automatically get "Play Again"😡.

IT'S FIXED for you to LOSE!!!

Silver Conversationalist

Typical tactic from HelloWorld !!  🤔😱

Just Saying

lucyp061351
Bronze Conversationalist

"We're sorry...

An error has occurred. Refresh your web browser to get back on track."

What I usually do is either click 'explore' button or delete that page/tab and try again; and this very particular situation only happens on the first initial attempt with an 'Instant Win' play - subsequent plays with 'Instant' Wins'  this 'glitch' does not occur again with the above 'error'

Anyhow, by playing with the 'free method' only, have I won 4 separate "instant wins' within the last 16 months. 

The 'Free Method' doesn't seem too fixed to lose for me. And da/ yes, I do get to see a many 'nyet/ sorry try again.'  

The 'Free Method' of entry for the Instant win is valid and fair  🤔

🤔  -->    Dr. John - Right Place Wrong Time (Official Audio) - YouTube

Trusted Social Butterfly

@OneDayMatisyahu 

Thanks, I'll try selecting Explore then going to Free Method all over again.  That's the correct method, right?

I've tried refreshing and closing page and reloading to no avail.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP