Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

3 Redemption a month

Hello everyone ๐Ÿค—. I just wanted to express my feelings about a old topic. 3 Redemptions per month. I saw the $10 DSW gift card and didn't realize I had already reached my 3 Redemptions limit. I was really upset with whomever decided on the 3 Redemptions limit. I understand that there are a lot of members and non members and this is why the AARP Rewards sponsors need to stop this pettiness with the Rewards. As we've all have noticed that some of the gift cards have been there for quite some time. They need to bring back the Auctions. That was a lot of fun. Take the Instant Win gift cards and put them up for Auction. That's about 1,000 Auctions alone. Approximately 142 Auctions a day. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
Periodic Contributor

I haven't been a member for very long, so am not familiar with how the rewards program worked in the past.  But I have noticed that you take your chances on getting the points only GC.  Without knowing what is coming during the month, I will pass on GC that I can use but aren't ones I really want.  Sometimes I use my 3 redemptions and then a 4th one shows that I wish I could get, but there have also been months where I only used 2 redemptions by the middle of the month, so I waited for something good for my 3rd redemption.  But then there were only GC that I didn't want or couldn't use that showed up, so I didn't use my 3rd redemption for that month.  A bigger complaint of mine is that it is so hard to get the GC that I really want, since the really good GC always sell out so fast.  I wish they would offer more of the points-only GC, and also more of the popular Instant Win/Sweepstakes, which I play but never win.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist

• I have been asking for 4 rewards per month to equate to one a week. I also think AARP rewards should only be open to those who are 55 years old and up not everyone from age 18 up.
Karyn
Silver Conversationalist

I totally agree that AARP in total should be for 50 and above. That was the original intent (American Association of Retired Persons) was it not ?. 

I can remember back when I was like 47 - 48, I was turned down from joining because I had not reached that magic number.

Let's get real though, It's a little late now because AARP opened up that can of worms with the Millennials, and the Generation Z's. Kinda like sharks getting a taste of blood, AARP has become accustomed to the dollar bill. ๐Ÿ’ธ $ ๐Ÿ’ฐ    

AARP is not going to kick them out now and besides I don't think you legally could, BUT they could broaden the rules and benefits they receive and at some point require a paid membership in the organization. Just Saying 

lucyp061351
Silver Conversationalist

I agree, AARP should focus on the original intent to provide for the 50 and older, but now that anyone 18 years or older are able to join, why isn't everyone required to join as a paid member?  What is the purpose of having non-members and paying members??  I presume the younger members are non-paying members who are competing for the same "points only" gift cards as the paying members.  The solution would be to require everyone to become a paid member to be able to access the rewards program so we will all be on the same level playing field.

Honored Social Butterfly

'Nifty Fifty,' you know, those silver people, age 50 would suffice. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I've waited sooooo long, since I was a very small child, to become 50...just because of AARP. Please don't disappoint me. lol ๐Ÿ˜‰

Conversationalist

I could live with 50 plus

Karyn
Super Contributor

No auctions, please. That only gives an advantage to those with hundreds of thousands of points. It's hard enough competing with the people on the East Coast who get a jump on many of the points only gift cards (ie  Amazon, popular restaurants, etc.)

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone ๐Ÿค—. I'm a little confused. You mentioned that people on the east coast have jump the gift cards. Or did you mean the west coast. Does the west coast have to wait until 12 midnight PST ? I hear you about the Auctions, but I'm looking at the odds. You know 142 Auctions each day. As far as people having thousands of points, as a member you can make 225,000 points each month. And I feel as does many others this program should be for 50+ members. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
Conversationalist

People on the east coast have the morning advantage. They are up on the site in the morning when the west coast is asleep. West coast has an evening advantage since the east coast is sleeping while we're still up. So essentially each coast has a different advantage and there's nothing AARP can do about time zones.  In the end it evens out.

Karyn
Trusted Contributor

Okay, the first day of each month, there's "Extra Credit Deals" that folks can get if they answer some quizzes and watch some videos. Let's say, realistically, there's a $10 Amazon card for 20,000 points as one of the extra credit deals. I get up at 4 am, Midwest time, watch the videos, answer the quizzes, go to the Amazon gift card - already sold out. So, if they offered 50 cards, who got them? Somebody who's an hour ahead my time? Don't know, but it's a thought.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

You don't seem to understand when the Extra Credit Deals start.  It does not start at midnight in each time zone.  It starts at midnight eastern time zone.  I am in the central time zone like you.  I start trying to earn the points at 11 PM my time.  I have always had access to it.  Well as long as the site isn't having one of its problems which we have seen in the past.  Lately things have been better on the first of the month. 

Having seen how Amazon cards sell out, I would never wait 5 hours to start the activites.  These usually sell out in less than an hour.  

Trusted Contributor

I am on the west coast and I can access tomorrow's page at 9 PM. today  Why do you have to wait until 4 AM?  Try it at 11 PM your time.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP