Take a look at aging around the world in 'A New Age,' a special report by AARP and Magnum Photos.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: What is your most embarrassing/awkward childhood experience?

Message 1 of 28

I farted (fotted)  in church one Sunday.  The priest said "I didn't hear  what you said.  Would you please repeat what you said."  I tried it again but something went wrong.  It turned to  "I **bleep** myself".

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 28

Some where around the age of 7, it was thought there was something wrong with me. I had what is called today ADHD (attention defesite hyperactive disorder). I was a live wire, filled with energy I didn't know what to do with. Social services pressured my mother into sending me to a department of the state hospital for children with mental disorders. I spent a year there with children with a variety of behavioral disorders under the care of a phyciatrist who interviewed me every wednesday asking strange questions. When I was finally allowed to come home and rejoin society, I was an immediate outcast. No one wanted to play with me as their parents knew and told my play mates that I was that boy who had been to mental insttitute. Took years to get over that, and the memory still stings when it comes up.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 28

We were pretty poor but in an area where most people were. It was late 50’s and white tights were the thing. I finally got a pair for Christmas and wouldn’t you know, we played dodge ball on the first day back. I got hit hard and fell to my knees and ripped my tights. I cried in front of everyone. And never got another pair of tights. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 28
Very sad. I’m sorry. My mother was very kind. (My stepfather was a diffystory!).
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 28

I was getting dressed for my wedding and realized my socks were down in the laundry room.  Well, I figured no problem and slid my shoes on and planned to get the socks on my way out.  My best man came to drive me to the church and was in such a hurry, I completely forgot my socks.  Well, we got to the church and I realized what I had done but it was too late.  "The show must go on"! I felt like a fool and had to wear my pants low so my ankles wouldn’t show.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

What is a most embarrassing/awkward childhood experience?

Message 6 of 28

It was the time there I accused Tony for setting the boxes in the room that we were not allowed to enter. It took about six periods where Tony would be able to return because of this.

It was not me or him that really did it, but it was Ambrose. It was something I was never to live with until when I heard that Tony went on in 2014. It was a blessing after the fact!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 28

When I farted (fotted) in church one Sunday.

The priest asked me to repeat, he didn't understand me.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 28

When I farted in church one Sunday.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 28

I was 12 and had a crush and this girl named Carole who was friends with my older sister. She came with us on a family trip to Coney Island and was looking forward to riding the The Cyclone, the epic roller coaster of the time. No one in my family wanted to go on the ride - least of all me as I was afraid of heights - but I wanted to impress Carole and look cool so I told her I'd go with her. I wound up passing out as the cars went careening around the first turn and down, down, down and then - whoooop! - back up again.

When I came to, the ride had stopped and Carole was gently shaking me, asking if I was all right - and that's when I threw up all over her - ALL over her - with an audience of many waiting to board the ride who were quite vocal in pointing out how gross it all was. Needless to say, the relationship did not progress further.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 28

I was in Junior High when I tried to cross a mud puddle and fell in.

Sadly my best Friend could not laughing...

I dropped my books in the mud. It was so embarrassing..My other Friend helped me pick up all my books.  I never tried to cross a mud puddle again...

@DavidC478188 wrote:

Hi, I was at a party a few nights ago and this question got asked and it became a discussion point for the next two hours!!!

Would anyone like to share their most embarrassing/awkward childhood experiences?

Kudos
Views