AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! THIS ADDITION IS CLOSED

Message 1 of 226

PLEASE USE MORNING ROLL CALL! MAY - JUNE

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! MARCH-APRIL

Message 2 of 226

@DaveMcK 

Drop a pm and I’ll see what can be done for your ailing computer.

Always need at least the operating system to begin with.

If you Run Avast Or AVG antivirus and are experiencing slowness, you need a patch.

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3216425/microsoft-patch-alert-april-patches-have-sharp-edges-w...

Or if Computer is drastically slower, try CCleaner to begin with.

40* and cloudy, and looking forward to weekend, may actually hit 60* vs snow or more rain.

Time to play on woodpile, more overnight lows to contend with.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 226

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this last day of April 2019. I will be off to a 10:30 dentist appointment this morning to have a chipped filling looked at. It was done 50 years ago when I was stationed in Germany in 1969 by a German dentist on base. 

My computer is very slow and it is time to shower.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 226

47* and sunshine, what a concept. Still waiting for rivers to recede, everywhere I generally travel.

Those pesky beavers have been busy, and still expecting snow in the forecast.

Firewood has been brought in, with more just in case in the woodbox.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 226

42* and partly cloudy, with snow tonight.

It’s been a wild several days, and nights. Flood watch still in effect but, still safe.

@n566192l 

Chell is an xxl for size.If you sent txt I can’t find it. When AARP makes changes, I just grab any message in my inbox, and reply to it.

Admit I still have problem remembering non names, with a bunch of numbers.

Give me a time to call, and I’ll attempt it.

@catwoman500 

Refuse to turn on heat, that’s why ai have woodstove and firewood, it’s just warmer.😇

Went Down river to Rumford, and took picture of the falls for run off.

8196A03A-1F6E-49AF-AA58-D19F38D1A666.jpeg2 feet from flood

EAF5EF26-9770-474F-8D9B-E72D2DF6C8BC.jpegThen to camp, checking ponds

Froze

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 226

Hi,

I can't get into my pm 😣 Frozenoem, I sent you a text message I just need the size of the coat needed. Anyone else if you have my email address please contact me, as UPS will not have your address on file. Monte, my Pitbull, and my went to the Annual ASPCA 🐕 walk. We were a hit 😎 in matching outfits. I made new contracts with local dog venders. Stay safe and please contact me so I can send out your box 😁

Nancy

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 226

Hey!

Praying for you all with the horrible, strange, and unseasonable weather quirks! Cat Tongue

Once again we dodged the worst yesterday. Tornado watch was in effect for most of the afternoon to about 9 PM. Went out to dinner in the most pleasant, sunny warmth; it stormed while we were in the restaurant and power almost went out; and by the time we were ready to leave it was just light rain. Today is sunny and very windy, but no tornado watch. It's actually chilly and in the 50's. Had to turn up the heat.  Cat Sad More rain comes overnight, and a not so warm week ahead.

Come on May flowers!!!  N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 226

43* and raining, they still are saying snow for overnight temps.😡

I brought in wood to CMA, don’t want to use oil.

@DaveMcK 

I think I’ll wait until the snow is all gone before mowing, mid-May.

@n566192l 

Chelli and I are both keeping close to the stove. Rain , rain and snow.

I’ll give an example of normal water levels vs today. No major flooding but, ground is saturated and river is up.

Trees in the picture are covered 8-9’ up the trunks, 2-3’ More should prove interesting.

Froze

1DD88575-AC4F-4E7B-B1F8-677BA9FA3A7D.jpegPresently

80D69DBA-2515-4BED-8C67-4ED0D3FDE830.jpegNormal river height

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 226

Frozenoem,

I hope you and Ms Chelli will be safe and there will be no flooding. This has been such a hard year for some. Dave, feel better. Oceantownship High School had to be closed for 3 days before Easter do to a stomach bug. Catwoman500 glad you are okay ❤️. It can be very scary not being able to get up. LaDolceVita, I hope you feel better soon. I know how much leg and foot pain can hurt. I dropped a box of Salonpas patches on my foot the other day. You have to laugh at what a dropped on my foot 😂.  Just hope everyone stays stay. 

We are going to get rain today. More mud puddles in my yard for Franny to find . My little Crestapo, is such a keeper no matter what mischief she gets into. Please everyone just stay safe ❤️.  Nancy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 226

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this last Friday of April. Are you ready for this! We will be getting 3 to 5" of rain to snow tomorrow afternoon along  with a high of 41* and a low of 29*. An also high winds during the day.

Today we will have a high of 59*, sunny with winds up to 30 mph. 

So moving on to next week with warm temperatures and mowing the lawn for the first time this year. We had our first lawn service with an ecofriendly fertilizer. 

sawn-balusters-porch-017.jpgFB_IMG_1556056747589.jpggettyimages-685470344-612x612.jpgFB_IMG_1516678496650.jpg348130-Blooming-Flower-Beautiful-Weekend-Image.jpg

Kudos
Views