AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! MARCH-APRIL

Message 11 of 226

@DaveMcK , @LaDolceVita ...sorry to hear about your discomforts. Cat Sad

Time to call to schedule the AC maintenance so I am cleaning the vents today. Got down on the floor to do the bedroom one as it is under a dressing table, and thought I was going to have to SOS someone to get me up! Eventually endured the aches and pains and got to my feet very ungracefully, but it beat the alternative of staying on the floor for the next few months until my body was discovered. Cat LOL Luckily the rest can be done without crawling under anything. I'm halfway finished so decided to take a coffee break and see what was up with you all.

Cloudy today; rain is headed here for tomorrow. It's 66 right now, but not going any higher. Yesterday was a beautiful day here in the low 70's with sun.

Went out to pick a lilac or 2 and I must have missed the prime bloom time. How in the world did that happen?

Hoping good weather for all. N.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 226

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this last Thursday of April, 2019.

It is in the mid 50's with rain forecasted for this afternoon and evening. 

I have the stomach flu and cancelled playing in my golf league this morning. 

Hoping you all are having a better day today than I am.

cartoon-sick-man-head-thermometer-scarf-ice-bag-patient-sad-his-mouth-indicating-high-temperature-green-red-his-42104184.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 226

49* and cloudy 👀 ng forward to snow?? On Tuesday, and rain until then.

Rivers are high, not flood stage but, definitely making the banks look liquid.

Time to return to garage to find a stencil on a 1936 radio I’m trying to unload.

Not really looking forward to tipping it, for better view of interior.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 226

GREETINGS,

Finished the boxes for mailing. I had a hard time finding the Girl Scout cookies. I put them in the back of several boxes. 

Just an over cast day here in New Jersey. We may get rain tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well and is safe.   Nancy

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 226

I am still hobbling along with the help of topical analgesic and ibuprofen.  Into the 4th month now of pain in foot subsiding and returning Woman Frustrated.  I was pain free first thing this morning but as soon as I start the stair climbing it seems to flair again.  Opening a new bottle of cherry juice today and hopefully I will remain pain free today. 

The weather is great, cannot complain about that. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 226

@LydiaN586309 

Glad your back.

Late to bed 4am, early to rise 7 am, that must be why ai feel tired.

45* and raining, time to watch or not watch the rivers rise 🤔.

Snow is melting but, ground is still absorbing it. It’s the rains that are concerning me.

Gotta go

Froze

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 226

Hello, Earthlings (aka Porch Peeps)!

Hope you all have enjoyed this Earth Day.  I am trying to do my small part in bettering the planet by recycling and planting trees.  Want to leave this place just a wee bit better than I found it as it were. I've got tons of stuff to do on and around my property that will keep me busy way into the summer.  But I truly enjoy yardwork and being outdoors. So I'm good to  go!

Anyway, y'all be good and good to you! And Happy Earth Day!

Lydia

Image result for earth day images

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 226

Afternoon 66* and cloudy, looking forward to rain? Still have a flood warning until Tuesday evening.

Enjoy your earth reduce, reuse and recycle.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 226

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch on the 22nd day  of April Earth Day!

FB_IMG_1552616235014.jpg

Nature’s gifts to our planet are the millions of species that we know and love, and many more that remain to be discovered. Unfortunately, human beings have irrevocably upset the balance of nature and, as a result, the world is facing the greatest rate of extinction since we lost the dinosaurs more than 60 million years ago. But unlike the fate of the dinosaurs, the rapid extinction of species in our world today is the result of human activity.

The unprecedented global destruction and rapid reduction of plant and wildlife populations are directly linked to causes driven by human activity: climate change, deforestation, habitat loss, trafficking and poaching, unsustainable agriculture, pollution and pesticides to name a few. The impacts are far reaching.

If we do not act now, extinction may be humanity’s most enduring legacy. Here are some quick facts on the current wave of extinction and additional information about this problem here.

All living things have an intrinsic value, and each plays a unique role in the complex web of life. We must work together to protect endangered and threatened species: bees, coral reefs, elephants, giraffes, insects, whales and more.

The good news is that the rate of extinctions can still be slowed, and many of our declining, threatened and endangered species can still recover if we work together now to build a united global movement of consumers, voters, educators, faith leaders, and scientists to demand immediate action.

Earth Day Network is asking people to join our Protect our Species campaign. Our goals are to:

• Educate and raise awareness about the accelerating rate of extinction of millions of species and the causes and consequences of this phenomenon.
  • Achieve major policy victories that protect broad groups of species as well as individual species and their habitats.
  • Build and activate a global movement that embraces nature and its values.
  • Encourage individual actions such as adopting plant based diet and stopping pesticide and herbicide use.

Want to do something simple? Next time you eat out tell your waiter you don't want a plastic straw!

1280px-Anthidium_February_2008-1.jpgAmegilla_cingulata_on_long_tube_of_Acanthus_ilicifolius_flower.jpgBee_swarm_on_fallen_tree03.jpg1280px-Bienen_mit_Brut_2.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 226

Image result for happy easter everyone

Hello, Front Porchers!

I know the day is almost over with.  But I just wanted to greet everyone on this most blessed day.  Unfortunately, due to ongoing computer problems,

I've been unable to access the AARP website all weekend.  Some kinda computer glitch.  Anyway, I hope everybody is well and doing well this day.  Loved your pics Dave as usual;  especially the doggies!

Be blessed one and all!

Lydia

Image result for happy easter everyone

Image result for easter sunday

Kudos
Views