Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL!! NOVEMBER-DECEMBER 2018

Message 31 of 160

@LaDolceVita

23* and sunny in NW Maine, lost a whole 2” of snowpack, and 4” off waistline.

Might be from sanding sidewalk and driveway, and oilfill.

Wish you the best with your mother and her care, mine had last stroke @ 90 and remained until 92-3?

Her room was very dry, humidifying (sp) seemed to help.

Need wood it’s gonna be brisk temp’s expected to plummet to negatives.

@catwoman500

Is your trouble viewing photos or posting, keep question ez and I’ll try to assist. Windows 10, or iphone, Android should all be same.

In reply/post, click picture of camera, navigate to photo on your hard drive or memory on phone, click picture, add name(optional) and click done by scrolling up, then click done.

Camden, MECamden, ME

Only issue, might be direction or orientation of picture may change if posted from smartphone(like this one).

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 160

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch!

FB_IMG_1545176591997.jpgFB_IMG_1545176576880.jpgFB_IMG_1545579204252.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 160

@Frozenoem  Well I hope you suspect wrong then.  Stay safe in the cold, no falling, that sounds quite dangerous.

After 7 months on hospice and one close call (pneumonia)  my mom is stable once again.  She has lost much weight and she looks wrinkled.  She is in no pain, asks for small amounts of food and we give her broth, coffee  and yogurt.  Everything else goes through the tube.  It could be worse.  She turned 82 a couple of weeks ago. 

We have sun and frost on the ground.  I am wishing for a few days of continued sun.  We will see.  Highs in the low 50s, lows in the lowish thirties, normal winter here.  You know I complain more if it gets away from normal.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 160

32* and raining, puddles and GoreTex boots. With a side of ice.

@LaDolceVita

I wish on the med’s none made.

The only meds are for pain, everything in moderation.

January 11 expletives flow for next round of tests, if it’s what I suspect deep do doo. Lifetime joy. Sarcasm 402🤣.

Need Fire, hope I succeed.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 160

Good Morning, All,

It's so cold in the house, but when I opened the door to get the paper, this warmth hit me in the face. It's 63! Winter arrives in a few hours and we are having April-like temps...but not for long they say.

My stepson sent me an Oregon Riviera pear box last week, and I had the first one for breakfast this morning. I LOVE those things. If you aren't familiar with them, they are the ones you can cut in half and eat with a spoon right out of the skin. What great flavor they have.

I have more wrapping yet to do and I was thinking about making cookies, but the baking urge hasn't really hit me yet. Cat Tongue

Wishing good safe weather for everyone. Need more coffee. Still can't get any photos on this thing. N.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 160

Thank you for your comments. While photography is not one of my strong suits, I can offer a plethora of photos that I now call home. Just copy the short link into your browser: goo.gl/uphkiJ

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 160

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch today! Can we take a moment  to remember my Fellow Veterans that are deployed this Christmas Holiday today.  

FB_IMG_1545405316630.jpgFB_IMG_1545405466085.jpgFB_IMG_1545403730727.jpgFB_IMG_1545405550072.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 160

@marieteresa01  Welcome to the Front Porch.    Would love to see some pictures oin the Sierras!

Rain and clouds continue here in the southeast.  More of the same in the forecast, with perhaps a sunny day here and there.  The temps are high 40s and low 50s so not too bad, no long john weather.   Wanted to ride up to the homestead but afraid of traffic and prefer sunny days for driving.  I have plenty of chores here so I will stay busy. 

@Frozenoem  Good news on the health front?  You have not mentioned any falls only healing recently so I feel hopeful that you have received some acceptible medication? 

@catwoman500  I have seen 2 episodes of the Woman in White.  Follows the movie I have seen very closely. 

@DaveMcK  Great Christmas dog pictures a few days back.  I like to think of warm and happy pets at Christmas, there are enough sad animals at the shelters.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 160

Recently, I moved to the Sierras in northern California where just a few days before Christmas, I am surrounded by winter’s glory of snow peaked mountains and a cobalt blue lake. Currently, I am working on three books of poetry, short stories, and a memoir. I am also teaching myself how to read music so I can entertain myself on a coveted keyboard my son gave me for Christmas last year. Every day, my goal is to keep learning. It can help improve your performance on a number of tasks and, I find that the more I practice a new skill, the more I learn; funny how that works.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 160

Mornin', Porch Peeps!

37 here and cloudy. Those clouds are apparently bringing in a huge rain storm later that will last until Saturday morning. It's a shame since the temp will reach 60 on Friday, but nobody will be able to enjoy it with all the precip. The good thing is that it will be at least partly sunny on Christmas with no chance of snow.

I'm off in a few minutes to buy the wine for Christmas. Cheers! N.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.