Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL!! NOVEMBER-DECEMBER 2018

Message 41 of 160

Good Thursday morning on the Front Porch to everyone out there! We had light rain over night. We are starting out the day with light shows at 39*. The long Christmas weekend will be in the 30's and almost no chance of rain. FB_IMG_1545179403629.jpgFB_IMG_1545179388384.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 160

18* and the heat wave will continue, perhaps.

@LydiaN586309

According to broker/roaster of beans just back from Asia, close but, more like this.Asian palm civetAsian palm civet

@LaDolceVita

At a few bucks per pound for free, I don’t care which end it comes from. It’s good, beside roasting beans kills most bad things and merely enhances the beans/cherries.

Now, I need to plan first shopping expedition in 2 months.

The larder is empty and eggs I’ve grown weary of.

Froze 

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 160

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch! Time to check out some Winter porch decorations. 

FB_IMG_1545179448629.jpgFB_IMG_1545179458802.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 160

Image result for pics of sunset

Well,  Front Porches,  I missed morning roll call.  But at least we all can share in this beautiful view being enjoyed by somebody in the world right now.  Eventide.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 160

Hi there everyone,

We have some sun back after all that rain. YAY!  45 right now, but the temps will drop and the wind is supposed to pick up later.

@LaDolceVita...OK...thought it might be that episode. It was off the wall kind of. A circus was not exactly an expected event. And ohhhh, yes, Spiro's wife came back. That was so sad. I thought sure Louisa's and Spiro's relationship was going to move forward. Oh, and Daphne's (is that her name?) baby is not Leslie's after all. I had a feeling about that, though.

@Frozenoem...Oh, dear, just when I was about to get another cup of coffee you had to remind me of that certain type of coffee. YIKES! Cat Tongue

Have a stress-free pre-holiday week, everyone. N.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 160

Good morning,  Front Porchers!

It is a good day!  I awoke to sunshine and patches of blue sky peeking through white/grey clouds.  It's 35 degrees right now, but we're looking for a high of 38. At least, it's above freezing.  So I am happy.  I have already fortified myself with a large cup of sugary, cream-colored coffee (means there was more cream than coffee).  And I've already tackled my first project of the day--cleaning out my refrigerator's small top freezer. All expired, half eaten, or never opened packages (those swelling with freezer burned veggies inside) were dispelled to the garbage and the plastics to the recycling bin.  After a thorough wiping clean and replacing of the salvaged items, the freezer looks most useable now--ready to be filled with new edibles.  

Oh my, in the time it took me to write these few words, both the sun and the blue skies have lost their battle with the clouds. Do they look like snow clouds?

Grey, grey go away.

Don't come back any day!

Well,  I never claimed to be a poet just a wishful thinker. Smile.

Be well one and all!

Lydia

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 160

@catwoman500  Yes, I do mean the episode with the circus.  It was so airy and silly I was taken aback when Spiros' wife came back and he had to tell Louisa.   And did she cry.  Just such  poignant moments among all that silliness delivered the extra punch and made the heart break seem very deep indeed.

Finally we get a day of sun, 57 for a high today.  We have been cloudy & rainy for several days.  Winter in the south I guess.  It rains every 3-4 days or so.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 160

Good morning, Froze!

Is this the civet of which you speak???

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 160

30* and snowing, think it’s going to be a really long night/day🤣.

I’m alive and working with self adhesive heating pads, called survival.

Great news temps have risen from single digits, it’s a heatwave.

Canes are ready, today it’s a belt change again on snowblower.

enjoy the coffees brewing, won’t say which end of the civet there from.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 160

Hey Y'all!

It's not morning, but I'm still here!  Smile.

Love your pics Dave!

Take care everyone!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.