Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

MORNING ROLL CALL!! NOVEMBER-DECEMBER 2018 CLOSED

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL!! NOVEMBER-DECEMBER 2018 CLOSED

Due to timing issues I am making the change to NOVEMBER-DECEMBER early!

341019-Witch-Turkey-Goodbye-October-Welcome-November-Quote.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning,  Everybody!!!!

It's Friday!  Last day of the month of November 2018.  It's been a hectic month for me and I am just so glad to see it roll to its peaceful end.  It's 39 degrees here and for the first time this week, the sun is out and I can actually "see" sky and it is the most beautiful pale blue.  Lovin' it for sure!

Big project happening this weekend.  I'm finally getting  a new roof on my garage.  It's been needed for years, but now it is a MUST DO as opposed to a "wanna do" or a "maybe one day do."  Hopefully, the weather will hold up and the rain and snow will stay away so the roofers can work (maybe not in warmth), but at least not cold and wet.

Wishing all Our Front Porchers a beautiful day today and weekend ahead!

Be blessed!

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly

Greetings All,

Just an over cast day here for the first day of December. Boy, some of you have many projects to handle this time of year. I am just going to be trying to be taking it easy today and for a while. That doesn't mean, I am going to stop everything just slow down. I hope all your projects are completed on schedule . Nancy

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch! Today we are looking at a high of 39* and dry. Saturday will be rainy and ending sometime Sunday. Hoping everyone has a great weekend.

Have-a-beautiful-weekend-on-peaceful-image..jpgFB_IMG_1516678496650.jpgFB_IMG_1542334233930.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

34* cloudy.

@n566192l

I’m alive, punctured lung with rib, fork tender.

@LaDolceVita

New dip, dog Officer in town, no barking ordinance. Means dogs even in fenced in 300’ kennel means no bark.

For high energy dog, that means she walks attached to human.

Need to shovel out kennel, to remain upright to walk her.

Working put issue, now.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!

Greetings All,

Just Windy and about 45 degrees here in Jersey. 

Frozenoem, sorry to hear about the No Bark Ordinance. I just found out I need a One million dollar balloon policy, because I have a 🐕. My yard is totally fenced-in. Thank goodness for USAA. I hope you are feeling better today. Thanks to the others for asking where I was. I have pneumonia, and also I couldn't find the site.

Honored Social Butterfly

36* still digging out.

ms Chelli has warmth it’s called stove.

Chelli keeping warm.Chelli keeping warm.

@n566192l

My shadows picture is above.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!

Frozenoem,

What a beautiful fur baby. I guess an extra large heating pad for her. How are you doing today?

Honored Social Butterfly

This is still Autumn, snows sometimes but, not this much 

Last I looked around 24” or more - fluffy, rain/snow, fluffy still snowing. 

Froze

Frozenoem,

I have a heating pad for 🐕 here also. Can you please post a picture of Ms Chele again for me

I will send you this in My survival package. Thank you..

Nancy

Kudos
Views

Frozenoem,

I just read some of your older posts, I am so sorry to hear about your vertigo. Must be so hard on you. I read the post where your pup wreak havoc and you had to get out the Hoover.

So, are you cleared by both Drs to drive? 

Honored Social Butterfly

29+ and late again still snowing scattered 16” of fluffy covered with heavy.

Made it 5 feet, and reverted to shovel. No snowblowing at moment, time to play with the belts tomorrow maybe?

Enjoy

I need wood fire.

Froze

Frozenoem,

Wow!  Snow!  Is it early for this?. 

How is your pup doing?

I will be sending you the package  soon, I have pneumonia. I have been told by my Dr to rest. You know how that goes. Please stay safe and warm

Nancy

@n566192l  Hope you get better soon!  Was wondering where you were.

@Frozenoem  I hope you get some ray of hope soon regarding vertigo.  Can Chelli just play outside without a lead?  I mean in a fenced area?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

32* and I’m late to check in, seem to have a blizzard coming 18” expected tonight tomorrow.

Discovered the joy of puncturing lung with rib, and on that cheery note need to go put air in snowblowers tires.

With cane just in case I have another oopsie. Maturity stinks at this point, and I’m not chronologically old enough to say that.

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, All,

Guess I'm late to the party, too. Never received any notifications that there were new posts until Froze's today!

We finally had a break in the bitter cold the last 2 days and are now headed right back into it. Cat Frustrated We have had a lot more rain, too. Nasty weather!

Trying to get stuff organized so I can decorate inside and out. Brought 3 rows of branches for the tree up from the basement and stuck them in the pole today. Looks funny, but I can't go up and down those steps to the basement anymore today. Whew! N.

@catwoman500  I started laughing to myself here, I am getting a funny picture of your "tree".  What did you think of the last episode of the Durrells?

We have cold here, will be about 42 but this is Camelot cold, with sunny skies, air feels crisp and clean although it probably is not! 

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning,  Everbody!

Well, the storms of winter are blowing in and hopefully through.  Snow, wet, cold. Ugh!  Yet, we have much to be thankful for. Simple things.  As for me, I'm thankful that I woke up this morning.  Thankful that my bed was warm.  Thankful for the fullness of  my lite breakfast this morning.  Thankful that I can sit at my computer  and that my fingers still work well enough for me to be able to type these words. Thankful. Yes, thankful and for so much more.

Thanksgiving Day, the holiday,  has passed.  But that doesn't mean that thankfulness and gratitude should be forgotten until next year.  And so I'm celebrating today while reminiscing days gone by.  With that I offer the following musical interlude.  Please listen and enjoy by clicking the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0TInLOJuUM

God bless one and all on Our Front Porch!

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch! Looking at the weather channel radar I'm very thankful I live North of the Illinois state line. For those living East of here I suggest that you stock up on a your essentials like TP. Hoping that everyone has a great week. 

FB_IMG_1540150503417.jpgFB_IMG_1541802050026.jpgFB_IMG_1542597878286.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning All,

The month is swiftly moving to the door and soon will be gone.  It has been a cold, wet, and mostly damp November here and I thank God for my sump pump which has had to work overtime over the past few days.  Bang, clank, bang it goes day and night long after the rains have ceased.  That doesn't bother me though.   In fact, it's when I don't hear that familiar symphony of noise that I worry and head to the basement to survey the situation. No overflows and no pools of wetness.  Hooray!

I'll be venturing out in the cold today as I need logs for the fireplace.  I need to stock up as I enjoy quiet time spent in front of a roaring fire on cold nights.   So that is the main goal on my very short to-do list. 

I hope this finds each one of our front porchers in a good place.  Hope all are content, at peace, and safe.  These are perilous times right about now.  For those of us who pray, keep praying.  For those who don't,  vibrate positivity as much as possible. And with any luck, we'll get through these days.

But as for me right now, as always....there's "c-o-f-f-e-e!"

Lydia

Honored Social Butterfly

This was me the day after Thanksgiving.

THIS IS ME TWO DAYS AFTER THANKSGIVING

@LydiaN586309  I never tire of Snoopy cartoons!  Yeah, I still love Charlie Brown.  When I first read a Peanuts cartoon book (we had entire books stashed at my school, which they brought out on days they wanted us busy) I thought someone wrote my life in  cartoons.  Ithought I was a female Charlie Brown.  I guess those experiences were common to many of us, not just me!

Honored Social Butterfly

To All Our Front Porchers,

May you all have a wonderfully joyous, peaceful, and safe Thanksgiving!

Lydia 

Way too quiet here!   Kinda lonely!  Thanksgiving at the homestead, beautiful day, supposed to be 59 degrees but it felt warmer.  I took winter coat plus wore a  vest over a sweater, was comfortable walking w/o vest and coat.  No wind, the sun was shining and leaf color was pretty good.  Took 3 dogs, took forever to get them into the cab of the truck.  Anyway, they went, kicking and screaming and had a ball when they got there.  Little fat Daisy fought going the hardest and had the best time of the 3 of them.   She even wanted to wade in the creek.  Below are Tessie & Ginger.  Ate hot dogsGinger & Tessie, Thanksgiving 2018Ginger & Tessie, Thanksgiving 2018

We ate hot dogs on Thanksgiving and I cooked a ham and sides yesterday.

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

To:  LaDolceVita,

How sweet that you were able to take your four-legged family along with you.  Glad that you and they had a good time.  How I would relish a 59 degree day right about now!   Here it's about 46 degrees and off and on rain all day.  Ugh. But it's quiet and peaceful and I'm enjoying it.  Anyway,  enjoy the remainder of your day and the rest of the weekend!

Honored Social Butterfly

An early good morning to everyone on the Front Porch! Have a peaceful and enjoyable Holiday. It will be around 34* and no snow. FB_IMG_1542824046575.jpgthanksgiving-jokes-06.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

Brrrrr! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

19 degrees here, maybe going up to 24 later. At least the sun is out.

Not even sure I want to go out to the driveway and get the newspaper. Usually my neighbor brings it up on her way to work, but it being a holiday...

Made my cole slaw yesterday and will be leaving this afternoon for an hour's drive north for Thanksgiving dinner with a friend's family.

Right now the Macy's parade is on TV and after that the dog show, so those are always fun.

Everyone have a wonderful and WARM Thanksgiving Day! N.

Honored Social Butterfly

I'm having my usual holiday mixed emotions this morning.  On the one hand I miss the days when my entire family lived close enough that we got together on these important occasions, and I miss the family members who have passed.  On the other hand I'm grateful that I don't have to go anywhere and can stay where it's warm and cozy with my dog in my lap and watch the Christmas parade on TV.  It's 30 degrees here in middle Georgia and I certainly don't miss fighting the traffic in Atlanta, even on holidays.

I hope everyone is having a good day, whatever that might be.

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

30* snowing and blowing but, at least the leaves have finally come down.

No idea where they landed perhaps in the spring they’ll be mulched.

Need Caffeine enjoy

Froze

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone out there on the Front Porch! We are having cooler weather. But no snow in the near future weather forecast. I would like to wish our active duty military members that are away from home and families a peaceful Thanksgiving. 

FB_IMG_1542598083623.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning, Front Porchers!

Wishing everybody...........life, liberty, and the pursuit and attainment of happiness today.

Lydia

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP