Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL!! NOVEMBER-DECEMBER 2018

Message 11 of 160

Good Afternoon, All!

It's 40 here and kind of sunny. Clouds will be rolling in and will bring us rain for New Year's Eve. Bummer!

We will be having our Game Night Girl's party at one person's house as usual on NYE. We'll have food, fun, and games before we watch the ball drop on TV.

They say New Year's Day will be 60 degrees and last year it was 10! Did someone say, "Global warming?" Cat LOL N.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 160

Greetings All,

The weather is not sure what it wants to do in New Jersey. Currently, cold 31%, some drizzle, sun is trying to show it's self. But, no snow or heavy rain or wind.

Dave and Lydia 

I love all the pictures you post. I am still learning how to use my phone. For all the dog owners out there, my daughter just text me that there is recall on CANINE CARRY OUTS. Just wanted to let you know, as several of us have Furbabies.  Ashley will check with recalls on 🐈 treats.  Well, 2018 is coming to a close, thanks for sharing all kinds of great posts with me.         Nancy

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 160

Good morning to everyone who are still here on the Front Porch this last Sunday of 2018! The sky is clear and sunny with a temp of 19*. What are your plans for New Year's Eve. We have friends coming from Milwaukee who will be joining us for some challenging board games.  I have a bottle of champagne cooling and waiting for Mary to return from an overnight. She is with our youngest daughter and her future stepdaughter. Have a peaceful day.

FB_IMG_1545708190485.jpgFB_IMG_1543180293509.jpgFB_IMG_1544980118886.jpgWere have the years gone 1969 in GermanyWere have the years gone 1969 in Germany

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 160

Good afternoon to everyone on the Front Porch! It is cloudy! We are having a cool and cloudy day with a chance of light snow this afternoon. Hoping everyone has a great weekend. We will be meeting two other couples for an early New Years celebration tonight. This did not post earlier for some reason. 

FB_IMG_1545089693000.jpgFB_IMG_1542597878286.jpgFB_IMG_1512863817876.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 160

Frozenoem,

Wow, I had no idea there was so many things to think about when a dog gets worms

I give them the monthly worm prevention  medicine. Thanks goodness you are up on everything. I know it's taking a toll on you, since you are not still 💯, but you ROCK!!! I wish I could  send out something else that would really help. But, other than my support and some 🐕 items, that's all I can offer. Stay strong, PM any time... Nancy

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 160

21* and darkness has fallen.

@LaDolceVita

No re-infection from ground, she poops immediate pickup and bagging, then double bagging.

My taxes and her de-worming meds are about the same, she just surpassed my homes tax.

Accidents in house lessening, they are cleaned @170*-200* steamed away. Worms won’t survive temperature, according to vet.

No poop eating allowed, can we say wits end. Nitrile gloves and examination of fecal matter. None are moving, still in poop.

Hope that’s a good sign. Problem with these worms, they cause blindness in humans, reason for nitrile gloves, dbl. bagging and scouring my hands.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 160

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch this Christmas morning 2018. We had a light snow overnight we a projected high temp of 36*. May your day be merry and bright. 

FB_IMG_1545750990907.jpgFB_IMG_1545750960090.jpgFB_IMG_1545750892352.jpgFB_IMG_1545750627797.jpgFB_IMG_1545323101042.jpgFB_IMG_1545698979965.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 160

LaDolceVita,

Sorry to hear about your mother in law. Boy, it's been a very long and busy year for your family. 4 fur babies that ride in the car!  Wow! Only my pitbull likes the car,  2 small ones what no part of the car. 

I get dressed as 🎅 today, the pups get dressed too. Franny, as Mrs Claus, she a Crestapo. Izzador, my small poodle, as Santa. Monte, the Pitbull, as an Elf. We give out treats to the neighbors.

Then I have to go to see my daughter, Ashley, at Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ. She's a vegan so dinner should be fun. Hope everyone is doing well and and is safe and healthy.

Nancy

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 160

Merry Christmas and hopes for a healty happy New Year for my buddies here on the Front Proch.   I am not feeling too merry.

My  husband's mother is very close to dying and every time the phone rings I get nervous. She had 3 strokes this year and the last one was debilitating.  He said goodbye to her after spending 3 weeks at the hospital and nursing home after the last one.  He will have to travel for the funeral and I will have to battle through the days on my own.  Frankly I get depressed.  I used to not mind him traveling but I need emotional support these days.

@Frozenoem  She just cannot get rid of those worms!    I have a giant bottle of Strongid I keep around for whenever I see a wiggly creature.   In the past I would only see them in puppies.  None of the dogs get sick from the worms though.   She must be getting continually reinfected from the ground?  

Hoping to visit the homestead tomorrow with 4 dogs in tow.  The weather looks pretty good but I am afraid traffic will be horrible.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 160

@n566192l

Albino deer are rare, must have similar back yard to me. Pack of 3 keep denning in my yard (white tails not albino) only saw 2 last week come down driveway.

And a flock of wild Turkey, course it’s either dirty windows😇, glare of lights, or cell charging when they walk or slide by.

Sliding by would have been 2 of the turkeys sliding on the ice, out of 8.

@catwoman500

If you type Windows Key + X (same time), then click on System in the left panel that appears. We should be able to see what OS (operating system) you have for a computer. It will be listed in the right side panel a ways down.

Windows edition, version, OS build, installed on. What you see may be different, I have Win 10.🤣

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.