Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! MAY - JUNE

Message 111 of 205

60* and sunny here, went to NH and returned, frost warning tonight.

@n566192l 

Glad to hear Monte and you got out.

Check your lights and appliances before needed if transformer has blown on your street.

Been there before, it killed exterior lights and dishwasher.

$800 later surprise from Electrician for new circuit board, and surge circuit breaker for good measure on all electronic laden circuits in house.

Froze

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 112 of 205

I took Monte to a memorial Day Parade. She was great walk the whole way. We were wearing our matching red, white and blue shirt. Today, really hits home for me. I miss Monte's owner. I am so grateful to have known such a true American. Anyway, came back home to find that the power has been out for hours. One of the transformers caught fire and caused the black out. No one was hurt, thankfully. Crews where able to restore the power. Plus, we have an updated transformer. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying your day

Nancy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 113 of 205

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this cloudy Memorial Day!

memorial-day-872467_1280.jpgGraves_at_Arlington_on_Memorial_Day.JPGalways_remember-02_2048x.jpgadlaistevenson-memorial-day-quote-1525289592.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 114 of 205

72* partly cloudies and partly raining.

@LaDolceVita 

Try to take a picture with a dog attached to leash and phone in one hand, cane in the other, its unique experience.

Show motion while attempting to remain upright, after many floppy eared dogs love the twitching of Dutchie uprights. 

You can tell when shes about to fly, when both tips go down, watch out. She has tells subtle but, tells.

Tell would be little twist in right ear, when left ear matches, Im gonna get me a squirrel, gopher, Chuck, deer or moose.

Aw heck someone likes curiously strong peppermints.不

Froze

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 115 of 205

@n566192l  Surgery?   I do not recall you posting about it.  Yikes, I hate medical anything other than maybe teeth cleaning.  I tend to feel sorry for myself because I  am tired all the time but I must buck up since you & Froze are facing stuff that is not fun.

Hot & miserable here, 94 for a high & will continue till Friday.  Then 80s for a few days but back to the 90s after that.  Humidity is not terrible yet.

@Frozenoem  Very nice pic of tree, squirrel & Chell.  Nice ears on the dog!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 116 of 205

Greetings All,

Just placed the last 2 veterans on my list. Still can't believe how long each placement is taking me, Sending out supplies to the others, just boxing up their want s and needs. Just having a BBQ later for some veterans. First have to pick up donations for the weekly share. Next week I will be  having my surgery. Just trying to keep busy.  Stay safe Nancy 儭

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 117 of 205

Hi, All,

Friday was such a nice day...a great way to start Memorial Day weekend.

Our little borough of Hatboro has an annual carnival come to town for the week and they set up in Miller Meadow, a short walk into town from my house (if I was still able to walk that far).

On the Friday night of the carnival, weather permitting, they have a fireworks display and I can enjoy it from my FRONT PORCH. So even though I havent gotten around to opening up the porch and taking the covers off the furniture, I took one cover off and sat to watch the fireworks. So enjoyable. I think all the people from my neighborhood were gathered at my corner since it is a great place to see them. I of course was not visible in my PJs. Cat LOL

Its going to be a hot one today and then a bit cooler tomorrow. Right now we are sunny and 74, heading to a humid 90 with storms later.

Enjoy your day. N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 118 of 205

69* and sunny and with luck the kennel gets mowed. 

@LaDolceVita 

Relax, breath deep and enjoy the trees, more stay up than fall over.

I enjoy all and am a bit of a treehugger. 

In other news, more tests begin along with salty language.No answer until 8th round of testing.

@DaveMcK 

I actually copied land of the free last night to correct some people.

Thanx for the picture.

I leave all with Chell vs the squirrel.

7F5F17FD-2F98-4218-A921-9DE28C3BBC0B.jpeg

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 119 of 205

@MsStretch   That tree surrounded by the deck makes one very nervous.  When I was a SE newbie straight from Tx I would have thought that was the cat's meow.   Trees come down w/o waiting for storms, in my experience.  Sorry, I hope I am not making you nervous about it.Smiley Embarassed 

OK after reading more of your posts  @Frozenoem  & @MsStretch my healthy respect for trees and the damage they can do is even higher ;-).    I have visited Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest twice and the largest trees there were the tulip poplars, the most notorious for falling over after pines.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 120 of 205

Good evening on the Front Porch! Just a friendly reminder. I appreciate the "thanks for my service" from folks but wish they understood the difference between the military holidays. It is hard to have a happy holiday when thinking about all those who never came home.

Have a restful weekend!

FB_IMG_1558753991711.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views