Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! MAY - JUNE

Message 51 of 205

65* with full sunshine on this Saturday am, one week out from summer in theory.😎 I’m really hoping.

Time to attempt a hike upcountry, will work or not. 1/2 mile or 5 miles you have to try.

Hope all enjoy their weekend.

Froze

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 205

@LaDolceVita 

Not freezing it’s comfortable for the moment, 66* and preparing for rain.

If it makes you happier last night it was in the 40’s and I started a fire. Some shred paperwork I tend towards burning it as kindling.

Warmed up the house nicely.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 205

@catwoman500   I needed a vest and turtle neck to go to the grocery store this AM!  I bet Froze is freezing in his north woods corner.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 205

Uncle sam cat.pngUncle Sam Catcat and flag.jpgAhhh, I loves me some flag comfort.

Hey, Everyone! Happy Flag Day!

Shhhh...don't tell Mother Nature, but it's June 14th in suburban Philly and it's 66 degrees with a strong wind. I know we'll be paid back probably as soon as next week, but this is heavenly. Last night after a little rain, I slept with windows open and the sheet, blanket, and comforter on!

Ran some errands this morning and now need to get busy around here.

Have a lovely weekend!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 205

jb_modern_birth_1_e.jpgiowa-veterans-cemetery-flags.jpgFB_IMG_1552661984049.jpg

There are three weeks until the Fourth of July, but if you can't wait til then to celebrate the Stars and Stripes, we have another patriotic holiday for you.

Today is Flag Day, an annual celebration held on June 14 of America's flag.
The holiday commemorates the adoption of the national flag in 1777 by the Continental Congress. In 1916, President Woodrow Wilson proclaimed June 14 as Flag Day, and in 1949, Congress passed legislation establishing it as day of observance. The day inspires parades, essay contests and other community events across the country to show support for America and its service members.
Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 205

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this 14th day of June! Hoping everyone will have a great weekend. We are going on a Father's Day cruise and brunch Sunday for Father's Day Day on Lake Mendota here in Madison. 

home-mainpic.jpg

1700.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 205

Image result for animated good morning gif

Good morning, Front Porchers!

Image result for it's friday!The weekend is H-E-R-E!!!  Not much to report.  Hope y'all is doing okay and just wanted to wish everybody a Happy....

Image result for happy flag day

Image result for enjoy your weekend

Enjoy,

Lydia

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 205

53* raining with more rain acoming. This would seem to be as warm as today will get.

Not even Bustelo is working for cheer.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 205

Hi, Porch Peeps!

Another really nice day here...I even have on a long sleeved shirt!

Did errands earlier and stopped at Starbucks because it's double star day. Tried something new... a Mango Dragonfruit refresher. A lovely fuchsia color. It tasted good, but it's not coffee! Cat LOL

So of course I need to satisfy my need for caffeine and will be attending to that next.

@LaDolceVita ...Hang in there!

Have a lovely day, all! N.

please sir, may I have some more.jpg"Please sir, may I have some more?"

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 205

@catwoman500  I worked at Dunkin Donuts as a teenager and of course I stuffed myself.  Could not look at a donut for a long time.  Will never inspire cravings again!

@Frozenoem  Hope your tests are conclusive for a best case scenario.  I guess at this point you would be glad to know just what is going on.  About the property title search.  The land really is in limbo.  Owner deceased, the last person who paid property tax also deceased.  No one has paid tax and county will auction this summer.  I understand there may be other liens against property also.  It sounds messy enough that I think must go to attorney.  But I want to be forearmed with some knowledge before I go.  Hoping to learn something by following a paper trail at the tax office.  Have noticed that they are forth coming with info when talking to them on the phone. 

Mom will probably graduate from hospice in a couple of months.  This will probably add to my stress as hospice is very good.  @LydiaN586309  Hard to smile in my situation sometimes.  I do OK in the AM but get quite stressed during the day!  Oh and I must change my name to LaDolce Vita Not! 

OK there is some good news.  My feet seem to be back to normal and due to this I am not so tired. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark