From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! MAY - JUNE

Message 21 of 205

@catwoman500, I was forced to turn on my AC weeks ago.  Not all the time, but enough to keep the wretched humidity under control.

Have you noticed less bees in your area?  Big difference here in VA.  Right now, my neighbor has her veggie garden up and going but even the tomatoes are looking pretty bloom-less.  No bees to help with the pollination.  Squash has been sort of useless for the past couple of years, unless you manually pollinate them.  Very sad.

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (3)
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 205

Hi, Porchers,

Happy Monday.

I can feel the humidity crepping in after two lovely days. I see AC in the near future as they are callyng for our first heat wave this week.

Meanwhile my coneflowers are looking good...

DSCN6870.JPGBees will find these soon!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 205

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this cloudy Monday morning! 

I would like to take a moment to salute those that are or have been a caregiver. 

Hoping everyone has a great week.

65437097_2944467172261234_8889069297410768896_o.jpg65087088_1602693863198309_6540287520159039488_n.jpg64461393_2800702343278501_910361018952056832_n.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 205

Good morning or afternoon to All Front Porchers,

Hope your weather is primo today.  But if not, I hope it will be better tomorrow.  Hang in there!

Image result for dawn images

@LaDolceVita , my prayers and best wishes go out to you this day.  For just last year I found myself in the same situation as you find yourself now.  So I know how stressful and gut wrenching it can be being the sole or primary caregiver for a loved one in transition (from this life to death and beyond).  Personally, I waited too long before getting hospice involved.  But once in place, they proved to be a Godsend.  So I hope your team is able to get you the assistance and support you need now.  The weekend I had arranged for respite was mute because my loved one passed away the day before the respite was to begin.  However, I am eternally grateful that I was able to be there with her at her passing even if alone.  In essence, while caregiving, just remember to take care of you as best you can.

To one and all,  Image result for sunday blessings

Lydia

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 205

@LaDolceVita 

Sure sample and testing of waste products, Hope that’s pc.

I’m probably grasping at straws for now.

@DaveMcK 

I really hear you on one of the graphiics🤣 there’s still a young in wondering what happened.

72* and windy , time to buy C some food, then mow again before rain begins.😎

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 205

@LaDolceVita ...I feel for you. Sure hope you can hang in there and maintain your own health until you get some relief.

@DaveMcK ...Your peonies sure lasted longer than mine. Mine were over and done with last month!

Had a breakfast out this morning, but had to eat lightly as I have dinner and Game Night later.

Weather is gorgeous with sun, nice temps, and no humidity.

Have a pleasant day, All!

Porch nap.jpgporch nap

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 205

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this Saturday in June 1969.

We are looking at a nice day today weather wise with temps in the high 70's. Sunday will be rainy most of the day and caring on into Monday. 

Golf was ok on Thursday with very nice weather.

Hoping everyone has a nice weekend and a restful nights sleep. 

@LaDolceVita I hope you find some assistance with your mother and some peaceful time for yourself. 

62606166_2792705747411494_4373556633352011776_n.jpgenjoy-the-weekend-quote.jpgFB_IMG_1558033846989.jpg12186529_1653945211548773_4268326679935794678_o.jpg

Peonies are one of the best-known and most dearly loved perennials. This is hardly surprising considering their sumptuous beauty and fragrance, trouble-free nature and longevity. Peonies also thrive almost anywhere in the country. Many varieties can even survive a zone 2 winter (that's a low of -50 degrees F). Ours are about done for this year. 

8106-peony-support.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 205

Not doing too well here.  Mom's companion/caregiver confined to hospital and I have been alone with her for 2 days and 3 nights.  Hospice visits continue for now but I am overwhelmed, feel like a rag.  I have asked for respite care, perhaps next week.  Would like to be a hero and do without, but I do not want to take chances.  If I get respite care I will spend 1 entire day in bed, except for dog care chores and food prep.

@Frozenoem   Any way to check if moose meat could have been affected 3 years ago?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 205

66* and cloudy. Ever have one of those mornings, late to rise and need to be somewhere in 30 minutes.

Made the appointment but, discovered a flaw in someone’s security network without coffee.

Still waiting for my first cup of caffeine and the PoPo. Lot to be said for idle sniffing on iPhone.

Think I’m making $$ off Hospital this day, for a first.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 205

Hey Everyone,

Yesterday was a mess. Helicopters hovering over the neighborhoods, roads closed due to flooding, my backyard looking like a swamp, sump pump working overtime, and still water crept in under my washer and dryer in the basement.

Today is different...still cloudy and we had a teeny shower this morning. Seems like a fall day with a sturdy wind and temp of only 72. Things should improve for this weekend and then more rain is forecast. Cat Tongue

Basement floor looked OK earlier so I think it's safe to do a load of wash. I'll probably have to empty the dehumidifier. Puddles have dried up and there is no visible soggy spots in the yard.

I was so glad not to be packing the ark this AM I went to Starbucks for an iced mocha.

Have a great weekend! N.

Starbucks iced-mocha.jpgGrande skinny mocha...mmm!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark