Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! MAY - JUNE

Message 61 of 205

Image result for animated good morning gif

Good murnin', Front Porchers!

It's rise and shine time!  But not for me.  I say this 'cause I'm just about finished with my 12 hour shift at work now.  And I'll soon be whizzing my way home, quickly slip under the covers, and do my best to catch-up on some much needed shut-eye.  So while I'm sleepin' and snorin', the world will be spinnin' and that'll be right and fine with me!

Weather looks good today. Expected high of about 76 degrees.  But starting tomorrow and the remainder of the week, looks like rain and a lot of it.  Better rain than snow, I always say.  Anyway, those deep trenches in my backyard that I filled in with dirt and seeded with grass seed a few weeks back, could more than use the rain as the seeds have sprouted and some sparse grass is now peeking through.  Yippee!

Hope everybody is doing okay and is for the most part  happy, healthy,  and content.  By the way, today is National Loving Day.  By the title, of course it has to do with love.  But it involves just a little bit more than that.  For more information about this special day, check out the "What Is Special About Today?" forum.

Image result for enjoy the day

Image result for enjoy the day

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 205

Hi, All,

After a cloudy, rainy, cool day yesterday we now have bright sun and a nice breeze with the temperature at 70, maybe reaching 77 later…no humidity! YAY!

@n566192l ...so sorry to hear about your stuff being stolen! Cat Sad

Had a doc appointment this AM and looks like I’m good to go for another 6 months. No red flags on any of my bloodwork…Yippee! @LydiaN586309 ...must be because I stay away from the delicious donuts (most of the time) Cat LOL

Told them I was not taking that Medicare Wellness test (screens for dementia) until they change the test. My office uses the SLUMS (St. Louis University Mental Status) test and they keep using it. I can remember the darn 5 words they ask you to remember from the first time 3 years ago (apple, tie, pen, house, car). They read you the same story about Jill the stockbroker and her husband Jack and then ask you questions. Then there’s the "put the numbers on the face of the clock and make the hands say 10 minutes to 11." I taught first graders how to make a clock for 35 years; do you think I’m going to forget that? LOL. So many more stupid questions…"point to the triangle"…Duh! I like a challenge, so if they come up with a new test, I’ll gladly take it.

So now I’m going to get more coffee!! N.

Purrfect day.pngYep, time for more coffee!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 205

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch on this sunny Tuesday morning in June! Golf was played yesterday with my four some not fairing very well in the litle league tournament. Hoping  everyone  has a great and productive day.

FB_IMG_1539297436491.jpg12194924_1654176058192355_1577228903086175085_o.jpgFB_IMG_1557926804716.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 205

Awoke to a WTF moment of deep snows on news, thankfully a graphic screw up.

Will be warm and rainy most of day🤣 61* presently.

@LydiaN586309 

Cute *.gif/ 🎥- thought it didn’t work then opened on PC and it was there.

The joy of iOS vs computer.🤣.

@n566192l 

Your doing everything correctly re: cards. The only no-no you’re now aware of, don’t leave them unattended unless protected by K-9 teeth and armor plated safe.

@LaDolceVita 

If you have online tax records, and your tax bill record number it should be simple to find who owns what. Otherwise drop in to deeds office/ county tax records office with your information and ask who owns what.

Should be a matter of public information. Only gets really weird if land is leased for recreation from giant corporations.

Time to prepare for the inevitable tests, no ice storms/blizzards will happen today. So, I may get an answer to 10 months of vertigo, 

Frontline works for Chelli. Only suggest Boraxo on carpets if fleas are in them, courtesy of open windows. Apply and vacuum after 30 minutes, dessicates the little blighters and eggs.

Rainy summers make for flea blooms, ask your vet for suggestions, Medicated shampoos perhaps. Advantix perhaps, If frontline doesn’t work not both at once.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 205

@n566192l  I would be in a state of panic if my wallet was stolen.  So sorry it happened to you!   Yes get that surgery behind you.

On my way to dentist for cleaning this AM, a lovely cool morning rare in the summer.  Looks like nice weather for a few days. @Frozenoem@n566192l  Fleas have returned to my neck of the woods and Frontline is no longer working!

Planning a trip to homestead on Thursday to search county tax records for a strip of land next to ours which seems to be in limbo.  I have never attempted to do a title search before.  Any Porchers familiar with the topic please chime in.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 205

Image result for good morning everyone images

Good morning indeed,  Our Front Porchers!

buddies GIF

I found this video today and was so moved by the sweetness of it, I just had to post it here.  Oh, that we humans could get along so well.  Sigh!

Anyway, @n566192l I am so sorry to hear about the theft of your purse and credit cards.  Hope you have been able to notify all of your creditors so they can perhaps block those scondrels from being able to use your cards. If you have Lifelock or some other identity theft service...good.  If not, you might want to contact the individual credit bureaus and request their assistance with setting up the service through them.  That could possibly help prevent identity theft.  Just a thought.  And I hope whatever your surgery entails, it will come off without a hitch and your mend will be swift and complete.  

@Frozenoem , I am so glad your temps have finally gone up and maybe will hold for a while.  Don't know what you mean by "testing joy,"  but I hope you find great pleasure in doing so.

@LaDolceVita , I hope you are emjoying the "sweet life" each and every day!

And @catwoman500 , National Donut Day maybe over, but thanks to places like Krispy Kremes, we can have a national chocolate-covered, custard-filled donut feast Image result for pics of krispy kreme donuts365 days a year!  Yum!  Smile.  P.S. -- Liked your kitty in a cup.  Here's my version...

Image result for doggie in coffee cup

Hey, @DaveMcK Dave!  Thanks for keeping the lighthouse lit. 

And y'all remember to....

Image result for have a beautiful day

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 205

Greetings All,

Just Love All ❤️ of the pictures posted 😍♥️❤️. 

We had rain and humidity today.

I have been busy making calls to report my credit cards stolen.

I left my purse in my locked car on Friday night, only to find it missing early Saturday morning. I just hope I get my new insurance cards soon. Today, I just got the approval for my surgery.

I did make Vegan Donuts on National Donut Day.  A group of us helped out The Cinnamon Snail, make Vegan Donuts. Boy, it's not an easy task to make donuts.  Not easy to run a food truck and also sell donuts in New York. I learned so much.

Frozenoem glad you are having somewhat normal temps. 

Dave, I remember the posters of the Salvation Army people giving out the donuts.

Lydia, Great picture and posts.

Catwoman500, glad you were able to get your porch ready. 

LaDolceVita, hope all is well with you and your family and those pups.

MsStretch, I hope the woods are  kind to you.

Stay Healthy and Safe 🙏🙌

Nancy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 205

86* ,  sunshine and warmest day of week. Back to almost normal the coast is cool , mountains warm.

Now I need to get a move on, testing joy.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 205

@LydiaN586309  The beastie picture wins the day, I started laughing when I saw that!   We have humid, rainy weather, about 70 but it does not feel so good in the house.  The basement feels good with the dehumidifier. 

@Frozenoem  love the moose, never met one on my travels!  

@catwoman500I had to turn on AC around Memorial Day, it was hot & humid like mid summer.  It has cooled off now and we make do with the ceiling fans.  Probably not for much longer  though.

@DaveMcK   Thanks for including that info about donut day! 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 205

@catwoman500 

The joy of life in the woods, and always handy iPhone, the only problem making him pose in best light.

My 48* temp under clouds, just shot to 77* with full sun. Time to mow .

Froze

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark