Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: HOW OFTEN?

Message 11 of 17

My brother lives with me in an Independent Living Community.  Twice a week we talk to his son and wife, once by phone during the week, and by skyping on Sunday.  Skyping is a great way to connect with family and friends, when they are far away.  My nephew lives in California, and while sometimes we may play phone tag, Sundays we always skype at a regular time. Twice a year they come to visit and while it may only be a couple of days, we make the most of them.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 17

I completely understand. My husband and I moved to another state. I rarely hear from either my son or daughter unless I contact them first especially since I have always been there for them. It is very hurtful. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 17

We have 3 adult children.  Our never married daughter lives with us so we see her every day.  Oldest son lives half hour away and until 2 yrs ago our youngest son lived 2 miles away.  Since he moved 350 miles for his job we are having a harder time seeing him.  We do text and call weekly.  We were just to our oldest son's last Sunday.   In the summer I plan a family bbq with my kids and my siblings and at Christmas I have them all here also.  Since our parents are gone I think it's important for us all to see each other.  I get in touch with each of them monthly.  I dont wait for any of them to contact me.  Make the first move.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 17

My granddaughter, who is 10, reached out to me to send emails because she doesn't have a phone yet but has a notebook. So, we keep in touch about 3 days a week because she's in school now. She loves to know anything about everything.

So, I'm excited that she was willing to do this wonderful idea.

I live with my daughter and 2 sons and it's wonderful to talk with them about different ideas they have. They say I'm old school but it's always good because as my son says what you learned Ma, can help us when we get older, if we live as long as you do.

He always says to me, You raised me very well and  I want a wife like you, with your ideals, love and compassion.

Its always important to keep the channels open because we ,as parents, don't know what they r going thru.  They maybe quiet but start slow and remember to always Listen and Smile and then, they begin...

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 17

All four of our parents passed away several years ago but we did communicate quite often given that cell phones were just coming into popularity.  On the other hand we hear from our three daughters regularly be it by cell phones, email, text or on Facebook with all of us involved. 

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 17

I have to call my son. My daughter, hope for once a week.  It's hard when friends are talking how their kids call all the time. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

HOW OFTEN?

Message 17 of 17

I'm quite curious about this.  How frequently should you... or do you phone  your parents and how often do your kids call you?

One of my friend's son calls her every other day and another elderly friend is lucky if her daughter calls once a month.  

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE