Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: This Re: PENPALS

Message 41 of 458

I agree.  having trouble myself.  i am 73 not a whiz at this but just looking to find friends and penpals.  Am in south TN retired, wheelchair bound in assisted living but still active as possible. if you would like to correspond i would be happy to reply.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

This Re: PENPALS

Message 42 of 458

This is the most messed up, user-unfriendly site I could ever have imagined. I wish that wasn't the case. I was hoping to be/ find a penpal. 

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Re: PENPALS

Message 43 of 458

Lynne/Community Manager:

Well, I haven't had any strange notices hit my private email from the AARP pen pals website in recent days.  None whatsoever.  I have also noticed that, while people continue to look at the site, nobody seems to be posting.  The last post that I can see seems to have come from Roger, if I am not mistaken.  This all leads me to conclude that the strange messages that I was receiveing (and others were too) were somehow related to new postings.

AlanG

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 44 of 458

probably a teenage hacker with nothing to do but irratitate people. happens all the time.  some juvemile trying to be cute

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 45 of 458

Hello Lynne/Community Manager:

I have been receiving these strange email messages directly to my personnal email, not to the AARP website.  Does that help you to know that?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Message 46 of 458

Hi @AlanG700989, for my own clarification, are you getting strange Private Messages ("PM") on the site? If so, there is a mechanism for reporting SPAM. At the bottom of each PM, you may click "Report". This takes you to a screen to "Notify Moderator of Inappropriate Content". Please let me know if this helps you. Thank you!

Periodic Contributor

Message 47 of 458

Lynne Community Manager:

I have communicated with a couple of other people who have used the AARP pen pals website and they are also getting strange messages, just like me.

Alan G

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 48 of 458

Lynne/Community Manager:

Thank you for your offer of help.  Unfortunately, I do not know how to make a copy of the strange messages that I have been receiving and to send them to you.  Sorry.  I am an old guy and just not very tech savy!

Alan G

Highlighted
Community Manager

Message 49 of 458

Hi @AlanG700989, I'd like to help you with this. Would you please forward a copy to Community@aarp.org so we can review the strange messages you're receiving? Thank you.

@AlanG700989 wrote:

Community Manager/Websitemaster:

I just got two more strange messegages via your site -- again it seems that I am getting messages from people in response to emails that I never sent.

Alan Gray

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 50 of 458

Community Manager/Websitemaster:

I just got two more strange messegages via your site -- again it seems that I am getting messages from people in response to emails that I never sent.

Alan Gray

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Take Pen Pal Safety Precautions:
Learn more.

Top Authors