Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: PENPALS

Message 1 of 304

Hi there, I have a church friend in her 60s who would like a fellow senior as a snail mail pen pal. Marilee lives in San Francisco. Let me know if that would work! 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 304
I am interested in pen pals preferably in New Jersey or neighboring states. I am a 73 year old lady.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 304

Yes I would be interested in writing snail mail with your mom. I also live in NJ. Please send me your address via my email Yourfriendbunny@aol.com   My name is Bunny ...I will be 73 years old next Wednesday.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 304

Greetings from Nutley, NJ....I am a 73 year old lady living in NJ. I am interested in pen pals. I live alone, no family left now. It would be nice to share some joys and laughs and etc...with someone nearer my own age group such as yourself. I think I can leave my email here and then we can snail mail...*regular* mail if you prefer. Sometimes I like that better. My name is Bunny. My email is: Yourfriendbunny@aol.com   hope to hear from you. Thank you.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 304

Dear Rose,

I am a retired professional and have been resting from a very busy life.  However, I do want to continue to help people, at least in some small way, and I do have plenty of time on my hands.  So, if your mother is lucid, and wouldn't mind receiving a "snail mail" from a 66-year old articulate, educated person, and I can somehow get a mailing address as appropriate.  I am willing to give it a whirl -- at least on a trial basis.  Enough said.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 304

I am writing for my 86 year old mother living in New Jersey.  She is looking for penpals to write to via snail mail.  if there is anyone interested in exchanging letters with a senior, woman please let me know.

thank you,

for Rose

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Re: July 14 2018 A Thought Pen Pal difficulty

Message 7 of 304

Hello everyone.

AARP recommends that you do not publish personal details or information that may compromise your personal privacy in public view on ANY community.

If people wish to exchange details via AARP please use the Private Messaging function of this community by selecting the userID of the person you wish to contact, and then selecting the send the "send this user a private message" in the Contact Me function on the right of the window:

Annotation 2019-08-11 154330.png

We remind people to always be careful even when sharing details.

Thank you.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 304

Hello Jane,

Did you get the email that I sent you? I sent it about two or three hours ago. - Alan

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 304

Hi Alan

I just happen to check cthe website. [private email address removed to protect your online safety]

Thank you

Jane

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 304

Hello Jane,

I am having trouble with this website, which is why I want you to send me your email.  Don't worry.  I think its pretty safe.  Somebody else did and as far as I know nothing bad came of it.  Thanks! - Alan

Kudos
Views