Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: PENPALS

Message 1 of 253

Greetings,
How are you doing today?am doing good and fine today just sarching for new and good friends here,my name is Mrs Rio and you?here is my private email you can also send me your reply there hope to hear from you and have a nice day.
nrio671@yahoo.com

Mrs Rio

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 253

Hi Jude,

I am so very sorry I lost contact with you. I had wrote you a letter and

put it in my draft file because I wanted to add more to it. I rarely go into

my draft file so it stayed there.

RA is difficult to deal with. I have osteoarthritis and that is painful even

with medication. I have friends that suffer with RA and I know the mental struggles. Mom is 93 and got RA only in her hands at 85 years old.

The doctors were baffled by this. One morning, she couldn't hold a

coffee cup any longer. She is doing good with her hands, meds can

do wonders today! Are you doing lots of swimming? It is so great you

have a pool and jacuzzi. I am 4 blocks from a pool in the retired community I live. I don't know if I'll be able to go though. I need a hip

replacement and it is just too painful right now.

You have such beautiful weather for gardening. May I ask what type 

of house you have? I have a 2 bedroom rancher. I love my house but it

needs work.  I am excited that I am getting it painted but that's not until

Sept. LOL It may take me that long to decide on the colors. I live in. a

gaited comm. So I can only have the house certain colors. Have to go to

the office to look at the color chart. I can live with the rules here but I

wish they would keep up with other retirement comm. and cut the grass

so shovel the snow. The association fee is only 77.00 a month so I guess

I shouldn't complain.

Take care of yourself Jude. If I don't hear from you in the next 5 minutes

I will understand. God Bless!

Aggie. (Agnes)

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 253

Hi TB,

I would not consider you a crazy cat lady. I know of one and that is my daughter, lol.  When she you younger she wanted to become a veterinarian . Instead she became a Social Worker for over 30 years.  Still with a love for animals, she volenteered at a shelter. They would give her newborn kittens to foster. Some with medical problems. She nursed them to be as healthy as could be. Some still have  medical issues.  Falling in love with each and every one she adopted them. Now they are senior animals.  In total she has 11 cats and two abandoned dogs.  One dog is blind and deaf ( I guess the reason he was abandoned) and the other one is younger and quite a hand full. Thank goodness she has room for them .  But.. it does cost a lot of money to provide for them  Her hubby is a good guy and does most of the cleaning up.  And so, she is my crazy cat lady.. ha ha ha.

Yes, I guess you read my post about fostering kittens and that my son adopted the coon one.  I used to have cats, for years, but as I got older I became allergic to animals.  I still go near them at my daughter's and they all want to be petted , and so I do.  

I live in the southern part of NYC.  Today is a beautiful sunny day. for a change. It gives me energy to do things around the house.  I always keep busy, things need to be done. Never bored, that is for sure. 

I haven't heard much from this Pen Pal site and glad you reached out. 

Take care,

Marianne.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 253

A coon cat they grow big and have great personalities.I own three cats I am the crazy cat lady.This is my last set of cats as I have owned cats since I was 5 years old. I am getting old so I will stop here.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 253

I hope it is ok if you and I can become pen pals?? I live now live in Illinois and had been a soldiers wife. I am going through a divorce and it is tough starting over.I would Love to you have some one to write to consistently. Yes I understand how you feel my best friend Brenda passed away and then my other friend passed leaving me friendless as we three use to do everything together. So I am alone and lonely plus the divorce. So if it is good with you we can chat and get to know each other ok

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 253

Hi, I was glad to hear the good story of you meeting a good guy on this sight and becoming real friends. I am mostly sadden by the non stop violence in the 🌎 and how it has become in style to be mean to people. However I still believe there are more good people than bad people in the world. I really think the evening news broadcast should end with a good positives person who is not famous.I know there are regular people who just do go things for no reason. I was sad about the church burning down. If we can learn in a positive way from the fire to better preserve other land marks then something good can come from the bad.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 253

Hi Nancy,

Wow it sounds like your daughter , at her young age, has had many good adventures.  Probably has many great  and not so great tales to tell. Do you have any souveniers from her trips? Glad it all turned out well though. "Bully for her"  lol.

Easter Sunday I will be going out to dinner with my two children and their mates.  I have to discuss birthday presents with my daughter and her hubby.  Hers is May 3rd and his is May 13th.  I never know what to get and try to find hints as to what is really needed, if any thing. Since they just moved from their house to a new one I figured they might want or need something new for it. You know, when you get to a certain age, you have most things and have no need for more.  Only if things wear out or break, then that is different.  I don't like to give just cash because that is too impersonal, like no thought went behind the gift. 

I hope you have a nice Easter day. 

take care,

Marianne.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 253

MarianneS959437,

I only write on this pen pal board. However, a daughter of an AARPer did reach out to me. She is 21, from Africa and currently in her last year of college. This is pretty cool. I don't even have a Facebook page. I understand your son's concerns, I get the same thing from my daughter. Yet, Ashley will travel the world. She has been to Rwanda, Sweden, Trinidad, Tobago, New Orleans, Amsterdam, Brussels.etc. Ashley used to go on camping trips with various groups of people. I think it's sweet that our children are concerned about us. I am sure, like me, you have been worried about your children.

I am watching the News, I am sadned by the fire of the cathedral of Notre Dame. Oh the history that was destroyed. The beautiful architecture. Did you see the news. Hope to hear from you soon and that you are doing well.  Nancy

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 253

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for your kind words.  Yes, I will think of my friend especially when I listen to the music he had sent to me.  I think he had a good life. He was a Marine in his younger days.  When that career was over he joined the NY State Troopers.  I do believe he retired from there.  Loved his motorcycle too.  Believe it or not I met him in a Pen Pal site way back when.  See.. nice things can happen on those sites.  But.. you have to watch out.  Choose wisely. My son is always on my case.  Giving me warnings.  I listen to him too.  Alert.. lol. 

Another friend that I had met on the old AOL Pen Pal site 13 years ago is now my real friend.  Turned out he lived not to far from me. After talking (or writing) for 6 months we started talking on the phone.  Then one day we met up in a Dunkin Donut coffee shop.  We liked each other's company.  Now and then he takes me to Dr. appts, shopping, dinners.  He, at times, goes to my son's BBQs.  Turned out to be a good friend.  See, ya never know!!  lol

Take care, 

Marianne

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 253

Hi Agnes,

I think you have me mixed up with someone else Cat Very Happy  I never lived in Sea Girt. I am from NY.

Thanks for your concern though, about me losing a close email buddy.  I am sure he is a better place now.  I will not forget him.  I will replay some of the honky tonk songs he had sent me and think of him.

Wow, so sorry about your accident.  That was some scary time you had there.  I can't imagine what was going thru your mind at that moment.  Car can always be replaced, but you can't.  I guess you're sore now,which is understandable.  Did you seek medical attention?   Rest up and take care of yourself.. be well.

Marianne

Kudos
Views