Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

This Re: PENPALS

Message 31 of 447

This is the most messed up, user-unfriendly site I could ever have imagined. I wish that wasn't the case. I was hoping to be/ find a penpal. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: PENPALS

Message 32 of 447

Lynne/Community Manager:

Well, I haven't had any strange notices hit my private email from the AARP pen pals website in recent days.  None whatsoever.  I have also noticed that, while people continue to look at the site, nobody seems to be posting.  The last post that I can see seems to have come from Roger, if I am not mistaken.  This all leads me to conclude that the strange messages that I was receiveing (and others were too) were somehow related to new postings.

AlanG

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 447

probably a teenage hacker with nothing to do but irratitate people. happens all the time.  some juvemile trying to be cute

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 447

Hello Lynne/Community Manager:

I have been receiving these strange email messages directly to my personnal email, not to the AARP website.  Does that help you to know that?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 447

Hi @AlanG700989, for my own clarification, are you getting strange Private Messages ("PM") on the site? If so, there is a mechanism for reporting SPAM. At the bottom of each PM, you may click "Report". This takes you to a screen to "Notify Moderator of Inappropriate Content". Please let me know if this helps you. Thank you!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 447

Lynne Community Manager:

I have communicated with a couple of other people who have used the AARP pen pals website and they are also getting strange messages, just like me.

Alan G

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 447

Lynne/Community Manager:

Thank you for your offer of help.  Unfortunately, I do not know how to make a copy of the strange messages that I have been receiving and to send them to you.  Sorry.  I am an old guy and just not very tech savy!

Alan G

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 447

Hi @AlanG700989, I'd like to help you with this. Would you please forward a copy to Community@aarp.org so we can review the strange messages you're receiving? Thank you.

@AlanG700989 wrote:

Community Manager/Websitemaster:

I just got two more strange messegages via your site -- again it seems that I am getting messages from people in response to emails that I never sent.

Alan Gray

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 447

Community Manager/Websitemaster:

I just got two more strange messegages via your site -- again it seems that I am getting messages from people in response to emails that I never sent.

Alan Gray

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: REPLY: PENPALS

Message 40 of 447

nice to hear from you.  i have some friends a relatives in TX.  traveled thru there many times while trucking coast to coast.  I am 73 disabled in assisted living. former trucker and musician. love the old country and western swing, fishing, crossword puzzles and comedy shows.  do a bit of reading too.  mostly american history. I am also a USMC vet of viet nam.  hope to hear from you soon.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors