Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Just Chatting

Just trying this out to see if there are any responses and if it does work.  Never did this before. 

Regular Contributor

I Do get lonely living alone. Having some computer skills makes living in AL better.

What would Yo like to Know?

Lon
Gold Conversationalist

Lon1934....where are you?   Hope you will write again soon.

Regular Contributor

I am in Fresno, California and the facility is called Oakmont

My apartment is comfortable and the dining room meals are first class.

Lon
Gold Conversationalist

Lon1934 - How was your weekend?

Gold Conversationalist

Do you have friends and family nearby?  Have you been able to make friends in AL?

Recognized Social Butterfly

The more you chatt the more you meet

Racquel Evans
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Is there anyone here  in the North West?

Super Contributor

Not trying to be a "wise guy"  Dawn, but every time I changed topics, there was your quote of "Never did this before!"   Struck me as kinda funny!

Periodic Contributor

I do not do FB its just information overload. I enjoy coming on here, due to 'ususally' the subject matter is geared to older adults, not the kiddos who have to be 'seen and heard, posting everything from potty breaks to a bug outside. 

Trusted Contributor

To me, "Just Chatting" means people come to the forum and share with members whatever they want. Others can comment, like, boo, or share the post if they find it informative or post their own. IMO, it's through this sharing that people socialize and some may even get to know each other and exchange emails. Keep safe.

P/S I do share similar posts on Facebook and Twitter.

Wanjiru Warama
Bronze Conversationalist

Yes, open-ended chatting online is like circulating around a cocktail party, isn't it? Join in conversations, or steer clear, as the personalities and topics warrant. 

I do spend more time on Facebook than here, but almost never on Twitter. How the platforms work makes most of the difference. And I have a lot of professional colleagues on Facebook. Looking to make new acquaintances here.

Find me at Facebook.com/drdeah

Periodic Contributor

Greetings!

Trying this out as well.  Not a whole lot of posts daily.  Good luck with the technology LOL.

Contributor

I have been trying this out as well.  The technology, well, we will see if you get my reply.  Meg

Regular Contributor

Hi there my first time here

Periodic Contributor

Hi Meg

see if you get my reply.  Thanks

victoria 

Periodic Contributor

Hi Eileen - my name is Eileen too and last initial W.  Not good at technology and like you just trying it out.  I'm a newbie.  Good luck back at ya!

Periodic Contributor

Nice to meet you Eileen.  I live in St. Petersburg, FL, for the past 8 years.  Where do you live?  I still work at home doing online costuming so I don't get out much, especially with Covid.  Stay safe, we're getting to the end of the tunnel with this pandemic I thing (hope).

Regular Contributor

This Chatting is new to me. Can we communicate with one another? I am a single 86 year old male that has already been retired for a well planned retirement of 30 years and now lives in California in a First Class Assisted Living  Apartment. I would enjoy corresponding with others via email or texting. I have no problem with giving out my email --alonzotanner@yahoo.com.

Lon
Regular Contributor

Good afternoon, 

I am looking for pen pals. One that doesn't mind email. I was thinking of making it a weekly, biweekly, or monthly correspondence depending on their schedules. During these times, I feel that it is a good time to reach out to people and make friends. A little about me, I am recently married and almost 31 years old. We have two cats and a dog. I have been called an "old soul" my entire life which may be why I studied history and library science in college. I love history, listening and telling stories. I am really into puzzles, reading, gardening, baking, and crafts. I am currently learning cross stitch and crochet. 

Thank you! I look forward to hearing you all!

Regular Contributor

Good afternoon, 

I am looking for pen pals. One that doesn't mind email. I was thinking of making it a weekly, biweekly, or monthly correspondence depending on their schedules. During these times, I feel that it is a good time to reach out to people and make friends. A little about me, I am recently married and almost 31 years old. We have two cats and a dog. I have been called an "old soul" my entire life which may be why I studied history and library science in college. I love history, listening and telling stories. I am really into puzzles, reading, gardening, baking, and crafts. I am currently learning cross stitch and crochet. 

Thank you! I look forward to hearing you all!

Contributor

Yes I trying it out also tired of those other websites

Info Seeker

Me to

Info Seeker

I also am trying to figure this out. Where are you from? Are you retired? I am from Maine and am retired from social work.

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

Hi Linda

I am retired too.  I loved Maine.  I live in Georgia. 

vickie 

Info Seeker

I’m wondering if this chat line really is still around I really need to talk to somebody once in a while so anybody out there

Conversationalist

Hey Kathy, I'm in Georgia.  I've been retired since 2018 but I still miss the daily camaraderie of my co workers...well, some of them.  LOL.  Sometimes, I need someone to talk to also.

Rebecca

Rebecca
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Just trying to figure this out also  we can try email   I am : T.phil6010@gmail.com

Periodic Contributor

Hello Kathy

it may be too late.  I just got on this chat thing.

Victoria 

Hello John here how are you hope all is good imbin beaver dam wisconsin 

Info Seeker

I just logged on today  so i dont know to much about this , it crashed on me just trying to up load a photo

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP