Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Just Chatting

Just trying this out to see if there are any responses and if it does work.  Never did this before. 

Regular Contributor

I am lost I have tried to find out how this works but I don't get any replies then after a while I check in again and still don't get a reply. what in the heck am I doing wrong
Regular Contributor

hi it seems like that for me too. Hi, im from Kentucky. this is only my second day, ive been posting replies to people who seem like they want to chat but no replies yet; i can't figure it out either, can somebody please help us. Ms. Lynne and i need some assistance, please, thank you.

Wendell Bowen
Social Butterfly

@LynneS930241 I don't think you're doing anything wrong just not too much activity here

Regular Contributor

oh is that whats up? sorry for butting in; i was lost too. its nice to finally connect after not hearing from anybody; its like the last man on earth for a long time,then he finally sees somebody, anybody to talk to. Like the movie Castaway (Tom Hanks) there was nobody so he painted a face on a volleyball and named it Wilson (famous maker of sports balls).

Wendell Bowen
Gold Conversationalist

Don't understand why the messages aren't in date sequence.  The original post started in 2018.  Confusing indeed.

Periodic Contributor

Its not in date order due to people respond to different replies, I just received five emails in one day from this post, someone started talking about sex on google or something like that, and i got all the replies. 

Qmw good evening. I just wanted to see if this works. I'm new at this.  Hope you are doing well. My name is Barry

Conversationalist

Hey Barry, I'm Rebecca.  Welcome!  You might want to take time to see how all of this works.  This site is not very user friendly.  Have a great day!

Rebecca
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Welcome to the community. I'm Lee

0 Kudos
Recognized Social Butterfly

Welcome Mr. Barry I’m great 

Racquel Evans
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Dear Wendell a.k.a. Wilson

The feeling is mutual. 

Gold Conversationalist

I hope others will join in also!
Contributor

Thank you. No hobbies.job and earning always for 45 years. Feel at odds.

Kudos
Views
Contributor

Is anyone other than me finding a footing in retirement?

Regular Contributor

Hi, im from ky. I wish i could retire TODAY!! Im burned out in my industry of facilities management (really called janitor) for over thirty years. it pays the bills but my heart aint in it, MY HEART IS IN ART!! Drawing, painting, and sculpture, crafts, woodworking and illustrating like Joe Kubert. Who, you say? Joe Kubert. (see youtube).

Wendell Bowen
Super Contributor

When we first retired, I spotted a big flea-mkt in our area. so I thought I'd make a business of buying at garage-sales & auctions & reselling at the flea-mkt. I tried this for two summers, and finally decided I couldn't figure out what Mrs. Jane Doe America wanted to buy. So then I got a part-time job driving for one of the major car-rental co's., delivering rentals to customers and body-shops & picking them back up again. It was only for around 20 hrs per wk, and I could nearly name my own hours. I worked with some other retirees and we had some fun working together. I did this for 8 or 9 yrs, until the Covid hit and a competing co. lost three drivers to the damned bug, so I quit and told them I'd be back when there was a vaccine. I do miss it, and altho it didn't pay very well, it did make me get dressed and out the door 3 days a week, and after being "cooped-up" since Feb., that means more all the time!

Regular Contributor

I have been retired since 1990 and have had no problem with my footing
Lon
Retired Community Manager

Hello, @cr484, and welcome! I know there's other people who are feeling the same way as you. If you haven't already, I highly recommend checking out our Retirement forums which can be found at:

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Retirement/bd-p/bf23

Thank you for being here!

I hope so, too, @SIMPLEGAL. I'm glad you're here. Have a great day!

Gold Conversationalist

Thank you.  I've been requesting a "chat" feature on AARP for many years.  Maybe you can suggest it for us.

Hello, @mdawn0711, welcome to the Online Community. We're glad to have you!

Contributor

Hello all: New to this, however as time goes by and the chaos of our current society continues indefinitely with no end date, I find I am needing some people to converse with. I am a caregiver and deal with a wide range of demanding clients. I’m from California originally but have lived all over, including Canada. I enjoy playing and watching sports.
I read a lot, but haven’t for a bit now. I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. Let’s stay positive and keep the faith! 

Hi @KerryH39788, welcome! You may be interested in our Caregiving forum and we also have an area where you can get or give Caregiving tips. Thanks for being here!

Periodic Contributor

I can see this post if that's what you mean.  Not sure if you're trying to start a particular topic and if so, that's not clear.  I'm new at the chat boards so I'm not sure how to follow through once I've commented.

Hope this helps! 

Contributor

I am an elderly gentleman so new at this, somebody please inform me what the heck I am doing anyone here

Super Contributor

I am also an older man, a gentleman?? Maybe
Write to me [Personal email address remove from public view - please use the Private Messaging function]
Glad that we are both still alive.

David

David Eig
Kudos
Views
Trusted Contributor

Mr. David, it is good and very good to be alive.  And, I don't know about you but my plan is to be alive, alive for long time.

Trusted Contributor

Hey Mr. Leroy, how the heck are you?

You are in good company, most of us are elderly. LOL.  Even if we don't feel it, show it or act it.  

At least you are smart enough to admit you don't know what you are doing here.  I was in AARP denial for a long time and just joined myself. I can't even count all the times I received AARP mail asking me to join.  I don't have a clue, but I'm sure enjoying my self. Still learning the ropes.  I stick my nose in everything...smile.

Make time to explore all the possibilities.  You will discover there is an overflowing fountain of information.  One day you will have an ah ha moment and say to yourself, oh, that's what I'm doing here. 

Keep safe.

Periodic Contributor

t posted aemail pal message, I guess could do it here to 

instead of email, but sure I would like to chat with you, do you still work?  I don't anymore.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP