Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Welcome to the Online Community!

Message 11 of 20

Thanks for your post. I'm interested in many of the same things and have written a memoir which covers many of the same issues along my own path as a seventy-five year old who has been a gypsy performing songwriter for almost fifty years. Peace and blessings,
Jesse McRae

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 20

Hi @donnac297992, Welcome to the forums! Look around, feel free to start your own conversations, and let us know if you have any questions.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 20
My name is Donna I recently retired and have extra time to read the forums. My husband(still working)and I enjoy camping and walking.
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 20

@vw9130 Hello and welcome. You've come to the correct place to connect with others who share the same interests. Based on what you're telling us, you might want to check out these areas of the community:

Also feel free to start your own conversations. I know many others have expressed their interest in cooking too.

Again, welcome and let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Vicki
AARP Online Community Team

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 20

Hello online community! I would like to connect with people who love the road particularly the highway. My hobbies include photography, traveling/transportation, cooking/culinary; serving/hospitality and technology. 

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 20

Welcome @the9barbarians! We look forward to reading your future posts as you explore the online community here.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 20

Hello to everyone.

I'm so happy I found this particular page on the AARP website. It'll be nice to see what others are doing and saying at this wiser, more experienced, and maybe more focused stage of our lives! Like everybody, I guess, I have my nagging regrets, the same old bad (stubborn) habits, a couple of dreams that went up in smoke, and a wealth of opinions. But I'm still at work on myself, still on a path of hope, and a day at a time praying I meet each person with grace and an open mind. Fortunately, I have my extended family members very nearby, my church, and some ability to turn out a fairly decent poem or drawing once in a while. Of course I also have my share of medical and financial, and sometimes personal, difficulties. Hearing what others have to say about their own situations will definitely help. And maybe what I might say will be of use to someone else.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 20

@lhsevret Welcome to the community, Lana. Feel free to start any new topics and reply to posts as you look around, and let us know if you have any questions.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 20

Hello Everyone,

My name is Lana and I am happy to join this community to make friends with other people...

I love dogs and taking walks, going shopping and really whatever comes up.

I am a widow lost my husband 5 yrs ago today and just looking to communicate with friends.

Thank you for reading my intro...

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Welcome to the Online Community!

Message 20 of 20

Hello and welcome to the Introduce Yourself area! Feel free to tell us a little bit about yourself--your background, interests, hobbies, etc. And also check out our other forums for other interests and questions you may have and would like to share, and advice and support desired.

Kudos
Views
Replies