Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Welcome to the Online Community!

Message 1 of 31

Hi there, my name is jesse  l'm 63yrs young, seeking female companion to share  life with...

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 31

Hi LH,  nice to hear from you!  I live in a small town in SouthCarolina now.  Don't really like it here because there isn't much to do.  People here are very nice but I really long for some intellectual stimulation and someplace like a community college where I could take some fun or interesting classes (or a parks and rec dept with classes for seniors).  The library here has been closed for over a year for renovations and there isn't even a movie theater (or any other kind of theater for that matter) or an art gallery (or art classes!) or even a mall where I could meet up with somebody with a brain to chat.  I'm just so so used to more resources coming from a much larger city.  Everybody here is so wrapped up with all their kids and family - which is a good thing I guess - but it makes it very difficult to make friends as I don't have family or kids myself and people tend not to try to include you in their activities because you are the "odd man out" so to speak.  I've never been so bored in my life.  For anything even remotely like those things above, I'd have to drive to a larger town at least 10-20 miles away, which is not practical just to have a cup of coffee with someone!  I try to stay positive but it's hard (and kind of lonely) with endless time on my hands and no one to socialize with.  I love the East Coast and would love to live in Jersey or Mass or somewhere but I just can't afford it (my income plummetted when I split from my ex also).  How big is your town and what do you do with your time?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 31

I am so sorry I did'nt respond to you message. I had no idea that i could but I am here now. Thank you for asking.. Enjoy your day !!!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 31
HI BRUCE
Good Luck in your new home... I am to far to meet you but I wish you happiness and luck in finding that special lady....
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 31

Hi Terri

I just found out I could reply to someone. I am alone but I live next door to my daughter and family But the kids are at the age that they play sports and my daughter is always out with them. I was married ofr 38 yrs when my hubby passed on June 19,2013 and not a day goes by that I  don't miss him. But you have to try to move on and that's not easy. Sorry to hear about your diviorse but if he wasn't treating you right you made to right choice. Have you been able to move on with your life ? I wish you all the LUCK IN THE WORLD.... Life is just to short not to be happy..... I live in New Jersey. Where are you from ? It is very nice to chat with you  ... Enjoy your Day !!!!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 31

Hi, my name is Bruce I just moved to a 55+ community and was just curious to meeting single ladies in my area. Sun City Calif.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Retired Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 31

Hi @DebbieM230685,

Happy New Year, and welcome to the online community! Sounds like you have a good life in Missouri. Let us know if you have any questions as you explore the various forums.

Vicki

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 31

Hello, I'm Debbie. Glad to be here. I've been married to a great man for 39 years now. We have 4 girls and one boy which is the youngest. We have 14 grandchildern and 1 great grandchild on the way. Our youngest grandchild is 2 and he's our  everything. So much like our son at that age.

We live in a small town in Missouri. It used to be considered the country but it's booming, sometimes too fast for me. I love working in my flower beds and my house plants. I enjoy cooking and taking of my home and our kids.

I worked as a Supervisor in the Housekeeping department at a hospital and love every minute of it. All the co-workers in every department are Awesome people. It's like one big happy family. Everybody knows everybody. My staff are the greatest people you would ever know and Yes, I'm very proud of each of them.

I do have small, very smallhealth issues but it's nothing that gets me down or keeps me from enjoying family and just life.

But anyway, glad I'm here.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 31

Hi Lana,

I'm TL, I'm sorry for your loss and hope you are coping OK.  Are you alone now or do you have friends and family available?   I "lost" my Significant Other recently too, - but not due to his passing.  We had been together for over 20 years, but there just didn't seem to be any point anymore as he was very self-centered and rarely made any space in his life for others, including me, so I just called quits.  So much for growing old together and helping one another out in our old age!  Were you married for a long time?  Where do you live? 

I like animals too - my favorites are cats - and nature, gardening, walks in the park, and shopping as well - although where I live now there's not much shopping available UNFORTUNATELY!! 

I'm kind of bored trying to find something to do all day; I retired at the same time I split up from my ex.  (This town is a lot smaller than where I used to live with him.)  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Retired Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 31

Hi @diandollion 

Welcome to the online community! Glad you found us! There are lots of interesting discussions happening in various forums. Some you might want to check out: Dogs, Cats, and Pets; Rock N' Roll; and Retirement.

Let us know if you have any questions as you explore.

Vicki

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

When responding to other users’ posts for penpals, dating, or for other communication, please do not post your personal information (email, address, phone number) in the forum.