Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Welcome to the Online Community!

Message 1 of 23

Hi Lana,

I'm TL, I'm sorry for your loss and hope you are coping OK.  Are you alone now or do you have friends and family available?   I "lost" my Significant Other recently too, - but not due to his passing.  We had been together for over 20 years, but there just didn't seem to be any point anymore as he was very self-centered and rarely made any space in his life for others, including me, so I just called quits.  So much for growing old together and helping one another out in our old age!  Were you married for a long time?  Where do you live? 

I like animals too - my favorites are cats - and nature, gardening, walks in the park, and shopping as well - although where I live now there's not much shopping available UNFORTUNATELY!! 

I'm kind of bored trying to find something to do all day; I retired at the same time I split up from my ex.  (This town is a lot smaller than where I used to live with him.)  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 23

Hi @deDiane 

Welcome to the online community! Glad you found us! There are lots of interesting discussions happening in various forums. Some you might want to check out: Dogs, Cats, and Pets; Rock N' Roll; and Retirement.

Let us know if you have any questions as you explore.

Vicki

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 23

Hello to the community.

I've been coming to this site for many years to gain info  and have just realized this community is here.

lol

Anxious to read all your posts and may join in from time to time Smiley Happy

My interests are all over the place from animal lover to music lover to trying to find a good place in the country for a permanent roost.

HA!

Hoping to have fun with you all.

*smile*

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 23

Hi @IrishGal3247,

You're not allowed to post your email for security reasons (removed on your other post), but people can send you a direct message here by clicking on your name, then clicking "Send this user a private message" on the right side under Contact Me. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Good luck, and welcome to the online community! 

Vicki

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 23

Hi, I'm new to this and see some people saying they want "pen pals" and others saying they would like to connect and make friends.  I'm interested in corresponding through e-mail and hopefully making new friends.  I'm a senior gal with adult kids, grandkids and great-grands and when I'm not visiting with them we're talking on the phone or texting as is the case with my personal friends.  However, I have quite a bit of free time and would love to make new friends through e-mail, but don't know if I'm allowed to give my e-mail address on here or how to go about it.  Any help would be welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks, Irish

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 23

Where are you Lana?

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 23

By the way, I am Bea, I live in Orlando, I am a Retired teacher reluctant to retired and trying to do something.  Right now I am working in a special project from home and filling all the paper work to be a substitute teacher for Seminole County, from the thousands of papers that I have to fill, I am almost done, witing for the letters of recommendation from abroad, my last job was in London, and my health certificate from my doctor. 

I am originally from Mexico.  I don't have friends, or too many here in Florida and this does not make things easy for me.  My only daughter lives here with her family, so, she keeps me busy helping here with her three kids, 9, 4, and 10 months :-)

That's all folks, write me, I love to receive letters, LOL

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 23

It has always been difficult to me to write a response because I get lost where to write the answer, for instance, now if I want to say something to the group in Florida, do I go go especifically to that group? or they will catch-up?

Happy New Year to everybody anyway,

Bea

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 23

Hi @DaniGoLightly,

Welcome to the community! What interesting work you do! And all three quite different things. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Vicki

Community Manager

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 23

Hi All, Im Dani and new here. Looking forward to meeting new friends.

I'm a National bugler for an organization called Spirit of 45 and NYS Director for a group called Bugles Across America. 

I travel the country  sound TAPS at military funerals. One of the most important things in my life is to make sure that every veteran has a live bugler to give them the proper honors. 

However that is not all I do.

I'm also an FX makeup artist and fabricator. 

Looking forward to meeting you all. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season