From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

T23
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

CATS & PALS

Message 21 of 43

Hi Tracy: I read with interest of your 12-17-2018 post abour how you volunteer to help ferral cats. and thought I should write a Thank You to YOU for all that you do.  I have two sister cats I rescued from an overgrown lot who were born into a ferral community which was undergoing trap-neuter-release. How I got these two sisters attention was to put a tiny amount of tuna in my hand which allowed me to pet & hold them with the other hand, maybe this will work with you. Again, thank you!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Thank you: PENPALS WANTED!

Message 22 of 43

sidneia, i sent you a message.  check next to "my settings" at the very top of the page then click on the envelope.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 43
Aloha!

I thought that it would be very nice to have a pen-pal. I have never done this before. I do have a sense of humor and agree with you that politics are not something I care to get into ...too many differences of opinion. I am not overly religious, but pray often. I am also married for the second time. I just turned 71 and still loving life.

Hope we can give this a go!

Sidneia
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 43

Hi there!

I am looking for a pen-pal, also.  My age is 65 and I am "retired"/on disability.  I am looking for someone with a sense of humor, who is open and doesn't mind discussing religion.  I don't do politics.  I am married (2nd time around) and live on the Big Island of Hawai'i.  

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: PENPALS WANTED!

Message 25 of 43

Hi Jean,

I find it interesting that you describe your life as dull, because you sound content to me. ( I love to read too!)

I think I get what you mean, in that when we were younger we ran around a lot, planning this and that, or going wherever. Working and raising our families took a lot of time, so there was less time just for us. Now that we have time just for us is a learning experience.

My life is slower now than it was in some ways, but I'm very content and satisfied. I don't have to get up at 5 am anymore unless I want to, and I don't have to go anywhere or do anything each day that I don't want to do, for the most part. I've only been retired a year so it feels like a vacation to me and I'm very grateful that I'm able to not work any longer.

On Mondays I volunteer at a small organization that  cares largely for feral cats. I spend about 2 hours there, cleaning up when needed but mainly trying to befriend the cats and make them comfortable with people. Feral cats are often callled shy cats, which means they are afraid of people and not adoptable. My job is to very slowly help them to be unafraid, and on a day like today when one of the cats actually let me be close to her when she was out in the open and not in her hidey-hole, was a milestone for her and I was so proud of her! (Yes, I told her so many times!)

Wednesday is FUN WITH LIAM DAY, my 4 year old grandson who lives close by. Wednesday we spend the day together playing, learning, and just having fun. I Have 8 grandchildren but he is the only one I've had this time with and it's a blast! I could not have done this with him if I were still working.

So, there are two reasons I love retirement. I'm not a jet setter yet, and may never be, but for now my life is such fun! Just having the time to come on here and read about all of you is not something I had time for before, and it's so interesting!

Knitting is not hard to learn exactly, but I think it requires repitiion and when I took the class last summer, I didn't have the time I needed to devote to it to become comfortable with it. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Tracy

Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 43
Hi, I'm Tracy. Under your name it say "Recognized Social Butterfly". What does that mean in this context?
Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 43

Thank you for replying. I have nothing going on in my life now. I miss my daughter for Christmas, but we did Christmas in Oct. She lives in GA. I past time reading and spent time with my husband. It's pretty dull life but I am happy! I enjoy reading about  what going on in your life. Is it hard learning to knit. My sister-in-law used to knit up to her death of lung cancer.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               HAVE GOOD ONE, JEAN

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 43

Thank you for replying. We can start writing when you want. Not too much going on in my life. I got very dull life, but it's my life and Iam very happy.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 43

Hi!  I’m single, retired, been an empty nester for years.  Love to travel.  I love being home too. Been focused on reading my Bible and history lately.  It would be nice to find someone who would like to write.  I’m pretty much middle of the road. I’m interested in why other countries don’t have so many inmates and what we can do here...  amongst many other things.  

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 43
Hi Cindy!
I live in California and am happily retired. Right now I should be working on a pine cone Christmas tree that needs a bit more decorating, but decided to come on here and see what's going on.
I also have three grown sons and 8 grandkids, 2 of which live here. I retired from a law firm where I worked in the accounting department for 24 years, and I don't miss it!
I love to read, sew, crochet, create jewelry and take long walks.
Last summer I took a one day knitting class, created a cute baby hat, never went back and pretty much forgot what I learned, so in January I'll give it another shot.
Enough about me.
Happy weekend!
Tracy
Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors