Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: PENPALS WANTED!

Message 21 of 38
Hi, I'm Tracy. Under your name it say "Recognized Social Butterfly". What does that mean in this context?
Sir Granny Tracy
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 38

Thank you for replying. I have nothing going on in my life now. I miss my daughter for Christmas, but we did Christmas in Oct. She lives in GA. I past time reading and spent time with my husband. It's pretty dull life but I am happy! I enjoy reading about  what going on in your life. Is it hard learning to knit. My sister-in-law used to knit up to her death of lung cancer.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               HAVE GOOD ONE, JEAN

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 38

Thank you for replying. We can start writing when you want. Not too much going on in my life. I got very dull life, but it's my life and Iam very happy.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 38

Hi!  I’m single, retired, been an empty nester for years.  Love to travel.  I love being home too. Been focused on reading my Bible and history lately.  It would be nice to find someone who would like to write.  I’m pretty much middle of the road. I’m interested in why other countries don’t have so many inmates and what we can do here...  amongst many other things.  

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 38
Hi Cindy!
I live in California and am happily retired. Right now I should be working on a pine cone Christmas tree that needs a bit more decorating, but decided to come on here and see what's going on.
I also have three grown sons and 8 grandkids, 2 of which live here. I retired from a law firm where I worked in the accounting department for 24 years, and I don't miss it!
I love to read, sew, crochet, create jewelry and take long walks.
Last summer I took a one day knitting class, created a cute baby hat, never went back and pretty much forgot what I learned, so in January I'll give it another shot.
Enough about me.
Happy weekend!
Tracy
Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 38
Sorry quit working March 2017. OPPS!
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 38

Hi would like to be penpal! Ilive in Independence,Mo. I was born in Grove City,Pa. I am married for 44 years now. Have two grown girls and two teenage grandchildren. I quit my job March 2015. Turned 62 in July started early retirement. I am enjoying, but confused I get bored sometimes. My husband is retire too.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Thank you: PENPALS WANTED!

Message 28 of 38

Thank you to all who posted a response on this forum.  I hope you all have found penpals to enjoy and I will continue to search for mine.

Seniormoment.jpg

@SIMPLEGAL wrote:

Let's be penpals!

2441872tr5hi57akf.gif

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 38
Young 80 yr old wanting to share conversation with senior gentleman. Spend many lonely hours on my pc , need someone to share thoughts with , live with my 12 yr old Boston Terrier
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 38

My name is Abby. I work full-time as a RV Detailer in a big company. In another month, I will have been working here a year. It is hard busy work, but since I have achy bones and am in pain every day, it helps me to keep on moving. Since I started working here I have been working 5 regular 8 hour shifts per week and typically working on both Saturdays and Sundays 5-6 hours per day. I love working and I truly enjoy the people I work with in this RV Lot. In our particular lot we all get along, There isnt any petty arguments or fights or none of that. We work hard and we laugh hard too!! I feel lucky and blessed to work with a wonderful group of people!! I do have 2 College Degrees in counseling but after 4 years, even though I was a pretty good counselor , it wasnt the clients that I struggled with but other counselors. So I stopped working in the field. After that I worked with Alzheimer/ Dimentia folks. I loved my folks and enjoyed them so greatly.. They had the best most fascinating stories. We had great times. Although they didnt remember my name or anything like that, we still did fun things together. People may think I could never do this type of work, but I grew to love them all and would do anything for anyone of the folks. I did that for a year, than had measly jobs here and there. But this one as a detailer is a keeper because I can apply for other jobs within the company. So theres plenty of room for advancement!!

Abby
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark