Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Gold Conversationalist

PENPALS WANTED!

Let's be penpals!

2441872tr5hi57akf.gif

Silver Conversationalist

Hi Jodi,my name is Lee and I just wanted to welcome you to the community..

0 Kudos

Hi. Im 64 and getting a divorce after37 years. Id like to just have a friend to chat with. 

Periodic Contributor

Hi. I am a 75 year old married man 

Bronze Conversationalist

I'm very sorry to read that you lost your Mom recently.  I lost mine too, and we were very close,

especially for the last ten years of her life.  I hope you'll carry her memory close in your heart.

I care.

Gold Conversationalist

Hi d192545p - My sympathy to you over the loss of your Mother.  I know how it feels to lose loved ones.  Please send me a note - I'd love to hear from you.

Contributor

Hi. My name is Rhonda. I am a 67 year old nurse. I love gardening, writing, walking my two mini poodles, watching Rachel Maddow and being outdoors.

How are you?

Contributor

Hi 60-year-old nurse.  I am a 67-year-old nurse, that was teaching nursing students until about six months ago and now I am semi-retired (working on making CNA video training).  

My name is Rhonda and I am a nonsmoker, dog lover, gardener, fan of Rachel Maddow and a writer.  

How are you!

Gold Conversationalist

Hi,

I am so sorry to hear about your mother.  May she rest in peace.

It would be so nice to have a penpal.  Please write soon!

Contributor

Good day,

I am not an AARP member but am just looking for people who are interested in receiving a letter or postcard, or exchanging them, during this strange time. 
I am not sure how to receive/send messages here and it seems we can't post our e-mail addresses, but if you know how to respond and are interested, please do!

I have 2 dogs, 2 rabbits, 5 chickens and 4 acres.  Hope to hear from someone who could use a piece of mail to brighten their day!

Periodic Contributor

Hi Lisa I said I was going to begin writing letters or postcards. I would enjoy being your pen pal. Let me know if you agree or not. Have a great evening.
Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

Hi there! My name is Lily and I am looking for a penpal. I'm 65 and have been pretty active and independent all my life. I divorced at a late age and I'm trying to navigate life post divorce. I would like to share and enjoy someone's perspective on a lot of different subjects and in life in general. I've been in the field of behavior health most of my life and find people of all walks of life interesting. I believe that we can manifest our future and try to stay positive and in the moment. I like to travel and create special memories and enjoy friends and family as often as i can. I also like my down time and can marathon some new show on Netflicks and order in some good Chinese food. I am comfortable alone and with others. I have sisters and a lot of friends that are like sisters. I have  brothers and male friends that have been like brothers so I'm comfortable with either. 

I thought of seeking a pen pal due to the corona virus and not being able to go out and enjoy the outdoors, classes and volunteering. 

Lily

Periodic Contributor

Dear Lily 

I am 65 and a man. I would like to share opinions and perspectives.  I have a pleasant job and a few friends who claim me.

Tom

Contributor

Hi Lily, my name is Don. You sound like you are both sensitive and intelligent. That you are interested in a โ€˜a lot of different subjectsโ€™ is an attraction. I am 79 and my body is in marginal condition, but the volume of my email writing may be wearing on my four grandchildren. My working life was as a mathematician programmer.

About me:

Iโ€™ve been retired for nearly twenty years; the most time was spent in Mรฉxico.

I believe that sapiens is at a branching point in our evolutionary journey

I enjoy two-way rational communication on a variety of topics:

Spirituality, Iโ€™m a Catholic who is open to Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, e.t.c. But not the social gatherings of any faith or any version of materialism. I have little patience with religious extremists of all faiths.

Liberal politics- (anti-Trump) however, if conservatism is โ€˜taking the safest pathโ€™, then Iโ€™m a conservative supporting Andrew Wang.

Physics, especially the spiritual connotations of quantum theory, such as the relationship between the big-bang and quantum entanglement is of great interest.

Evolution and philosophy of change, Lamarckian evolution, epigenetic, punctuated equilibrium are common reading genre.

Iโ€™ll will try to post this but Iโ€™m unclear about the procedures.

don

Contributor

how do replies work?

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

Hello Lily I would like to be your pen pal. I am 56 years old. I work as a Nursing Assistant for 17 years. I have been dealing with our current situation by taking up adult coloring,watching tv shows I have been missing for a while because of working a lot of hours. I have always wanted a pen pal so nows my time to do it.

Social Butterfly

Hi Alice. Nice to meet you and welcome to the forums. I'm Oscar from Tucson, Az. I too am new here.

Periodic Contributor

Hello Oscar thank you for welcoming me to the Forum. I am from Cleveland, Ohio. I was nervous about joining but I figured it couldn't hurt anything. It could possibly enrich my life and it just did thanks to you. Have a good evening.
Social Butterfly

You're very welcome Ms. Alice. And thank you may you have a good evening as well.

Social Butterfly

Hi Ms Lily. If interested my email is **removed**.

Social Butterfly

Hi Everyone. Hope all is good and everyone had a wonderful Easter considering what we're going thru. I'm basically looking for a Lady penpal. I'm in Arizona I'm 51 yrs old and Hispanic. Recently retired after 33 yrs as a carpenter. 

Gold Conversationalist

Dear Penpals,

During this time of social distancing let's take an opportunity to connect online!

Hope to hear from you SOON!!!

@SIMPLEGAL wrote:

Let's be penpals!

2441872tr5hi57akf.gif

Kudos
Views
Trusted Contributor

Good Morning , and Happy Easter. Hope you have a joyously wonderful day.

If you made a big Easter dinner and sharing with a love one enjoy be Thankful

and much happiness to you and yours!. If possible we can cultivate a friendship

by penpal in the mean time. Enjoy The Day!

Periodic Contributor

Good Morning,

Hope you are doing well! I am doing pretty good, just taking this whole situation one day at a time, like everyone else! Just thankful to be able to be healthy, and still be working. I hope thigns are still going well in your world! 

Gold Conversationalist

ToniLo...Hope you enjoyed a very Happy Easter! Please send me a personal note and tell me more about yourself. I look forward to your reply.
Periodic Contributor

I would like a pen pal. How does this work?

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

Ditto

How does this work....

Regular Contributor

We could exchange emails or we could use snail mail

Periodic Contributor

I haven't had a pen pal since I was in elementary school.  I am married, is it inappropriate to have a male pen pal?  I am not familiar with the rules.

Regular Contributor

There is no need to apologize. I am married myself. I am just looking for people to talk to and God willing become friends. 

Periodic Contributor

Hi James. Sorry but I'm a female who's in a permanent relationship with a male and would rather not be a pen pal to another male. Good luck finding someone else. 
te

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP