Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: PENPALS WANTED!

Message 11 of 38

Hi @m692439h @AnnetteM883574  and others,

You may also want to check out the "Our Front Porch" forum--https://community.aarp.org/t5/Our-Front-Porch/bd-p/bg31. It's also a good way to connect regularly with others here in the community via daily posts, fun items, etc., such as the Morning Roll Call, daily quotes, and more.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 38

I remember having 4 penpals in different parts fo the world many moons ago. We communicated for many yrs, but somehow drifted after some years. 

I'm single, live alone, but not lonely. Enjoy my liife and where I live - the country of Panama (Panama Canal, Roberto Duran, Noriega). Retired, and love to travel.

Anyone out there would like to communicate, feel free to drop me a line. You must know, I seldom access this site. Maybe I will visit 1/week (will try).

M

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 38

I am a Recreation Director at a Assisted Living and wanted to start a program with our seniors.  They would love to start a pen pal program. Can you help me with this? Please contact at [Phone number removed from public view to protect online identity]

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Reply: Thank you: PENPALS WANTED!

Message 14 of 38

Hi Annette,

Send me a note....let's be penpals!

2441872tr5hi57akf.gif

@AnnetteM883574 wrote:

Hi, I am new here, I am 54, divorced and wanting to meet people. Both my kids are over 30 and have lives of theor own so there are many hours to fill.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Thank you: PENPALS WANTED!

Message 15 of 38

Hi, I am new here, I am 54, divorced and wanting to meet people. Both my kids are over 30 and have lives of theor own so there are many hours to fill.

Kudos
Views
T23
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

CATS & PALS

Message 16 of 38

Hi Tracy: I read with interest of your 12-17-2018 post abour how you volunteer to help ferral cats. and thought I should write a Thank You to YOU for all that you do.  I have two sister cats I rescued from an overgrown lot who were born into a ferral community which was undergoing trap-neuter-release. How I got these two sisters attention was to put a tiny amount of tuna in my hand which allowed me to pet & hold them with the other hand, maybe this will work with you. Again, thank you!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 38

sidneia, i sent you a message.  check next to "my settings" at the very top of the page then click on the envelope.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 38
Aloha!

I thought that it would be very nice to have a pen-pal. I have never done this before. I do have a sense of humor and agree with you that politics are not something I care to get into ...too many differences of opinion. I am not overly religious, but pray often. I am also married for the second time. I just turned 71 and still loving life.

Hope we can give this a go!

Sidneia
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 38

Hi there!

I am looking for a pen-pal, also.  My age is 65 and I am "retired"/on disability.  I am looking for someone with a sense of humor, who is open and doesn't mind discussing religion.  I don't do politics.  I am married (2nd time around) and live on the Big Island of Hawai'i.  

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 38

Hi Jean,

I find it interesting that you describe your life as dull, because you sound content to me. ( I love to read too!)

I think I get what you mean, in that when we were younger we ran around a lot, planning this and that, or going wherever. Working and raising our families took a lot of time, so there was less time just for us. Now that we have time just for us is a learning experience.

My life is slower now than it was in some ways, but I'm very content and satisfied. I don't have to get up at 5 am anymore unless I want to, and I don't have to go anywhere or do anything each day that I don't want to do, for the most part. I've only been retired a year so it feels like a vacation to me and I'm very grateful that I'm able to not work any longer.

On Mondays I volunteer at a small organization that  cares largely for feral cats. I spend about 2 hours there, cleaning up when needed but mainly trying to befriend the cats and make them comfortable with people. Feral cats are often callled shy cats, which means they are afraid of people and not adoptable. My job is to very slowly help them to be unafraid, and on a day like today when one of the cats actually let me be close to her when she was out in the open and not in her hidey-hole, was a milestone for her and I was so proud of her! (Yes, I told her so many times!)

Wednesday is FUN WITH LIAM DAY, my 4 year old grandson who lives close by. Wednesday we spend the day together playing, learning, and just having fun. I Have 8 grandchildren but he is the only one I've had this time with and it's a blast! I could not have done this with him if I were still working.

So, there are two reasons I love retirement. I'm not a jet setter yet, and may never be, but for now my life is such fun! Just having the time to come on here and read about all of you is not something I had time for before, and it's so interesting!

Knitting is not hard to learn exactly, but I think it requires repitiion and when I took the class last summer, I didn't have the time I needed to devote to it to become comfortable with it. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Tracy

Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet