Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: PENPALS WANTED!

Message 31 of 43
Sorry quit working March 2017. OPPS!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 43

Hi would like to be penpal! Ilive in Independence,Mo. I was born in Grove City,Pa. I am married for 44 years now. Have two grown girls and two teenage grandchildren. I quit my job March 2015. Turned 62 in July started early retirement. I am enjoying, but confused I get bored sometimes. My husband is retire too.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Thank you: PENPALS WANTED!

Message 33 of 43

Thank you to all who posted a response on this forum.  I hope you all have found penpals to enjoy and I will continue to search for mine.

Seniormoment.jpg

@SIMPLEGAL wrote:

Let's be penpals!

2441872tr5hi57akf.gif

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 43
Young 80 yr old wanting to share conversation with senior gentleman. Spend many lonely hours on my pc , need someone to share thoughts with , live with my 12 yr old Boston Terrier
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 43

My name is Abby. I work full-time as a RV Detailer in a big company. In another month, I will have been working here a year. It is hard busy work, but since I have achy bones and am in pain every day, it helps me to keep on moving. Since I started working here I have been working 5 regular 8 hour shifts per week and typically working on both Saturdays and Sundays 5-6 hours per day. I love working and I truly enjoy the people I work with in this RV Lot. In our particular lot we all get along, There isnt any petty arguments or fights or none of that. We work hard and we laugh hard too!! I feel lucky and blessed to work with a wonderful group of people!! I do have 2 College Degrees in counseling but after 4 years, even though I was a pretty good counselor , it wasnt the clients that I struggled with but other counselors. So I stopped working in the field. After that I worked with Alzheimer/ Dimentia folks. I loved my folks and enjoyed them so greatly.. They had the best most fascinating stories. We had great times. Although they didnt remember my name or anything like that, we still did fun things together. People may think I could never do this type of work, but I grew to love them all and would do anything for anyone of the folks. I did that for a year, than had measly jobs here and there. But this one as a detailer is a keeper because I can apply for other jobs within the company. So theres plenty of room for advancement!!

Abby
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 43
Hello my name is Willie I hope all is well I would love to be your pen pal if that's ok with you ?
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 43

I dont think im actually looking to find Pen Pals, but i love to write and would be willing to be a pen Pal. I can be a source of great talk and help to some. Great for a good laugh, all kinds of great qualities. Im Married 32 years, 4 adult kids, 3 grandkids, Work full time as an RV Detailer, I live in Oregon. If you just want to chat I would love that!! Need a pen pal im here...

ABBY

Abby
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 43

Hi Letty, My name is Abby I was also born and raised in California.. San Jose, California. I live in Oregon now. I moved here with my husband in 1985. Well actually he was still in the military and i moved here in oregon to his moms house with my 2 children. I love to write and definitely know the struggles that come along with Domestic Violence. Ahem... My first marriage was like that... It was a nighmare, I was verbally and physically abused, it was horrible and unfortunately took me years to overcome the feelings of being worthless, the depression, the hurt and so many other things. I also coached soccer. What a great game. Well if you ever want to talk i would be happy to write to you.. Oh yeah one more thing, I am a Latina or whats some would call hispanic mom of 4 all grown children 38,36,29,25..

Abby
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 43

Hello there Smiley Happy

My name is Cathe, I am 51, live in California, a loving Mom of 6 (4 of my own and 2 stepkids), Nana to 8, happily married wife of 12 years to my teacher/writer husband Rob. I love the ocean and everything in it.. living close to the ocean is my future dream.. I have always felt comfortable by the beach.. swimming, walking, sailing, surfing, body surfing, boogie boarding.. I love to have parties at or by the ocean with family and friends.. On a Zen day, I just love to relax on the beach with a good book or my journal. I will be an almost empty nester this summer.. my husbands 16 year old is with us part time, and my 2 youngest: 23 and 25 are moving out. My hubby and I love to travel and are going to Disney World in June for our 12 year anniversary! So excited! We've only gone to Las Vegas or Reno.. or local places in California together. I have traveled on my own all over the U.S. & several countries in Europe. I can't wait to share the world traveling with my hubby!

I am also an avid photographer, scrapbook artist, mixed media artist and art journaler. I love to create albums of memories mixed with paper crafts.. for family and friends to enjoy for years to come! 

Catherine James
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 43

Hello,  

I'm a senior and I keep busy but would love to have a person just to chat with occasionally.

I have a husband, 1 daughter and 2 step-daughters and 7 grands and my 'baby' Sam, a West Highland terrier.  I like cooking, gardening, keeping the birds fed, crocheting, sewing and reading.  I walk every other day for about 2 miles. 

If you would like to be a pen pal, please send me a message.

Cindy

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season