Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Gold Conversationalist

PENPALS WANTED!

Let's be penpals!

2441872tr5hi57akf.gif

Silver Conversationalist

Hi Jodi,my name is Lee and I just wanted to welcome you to the community..

0 Kudos

Hi. Im 64 and getting a divorce after37 years. Id like to just have a friend to chat with. 

Periodic Contributor

Hi. I am a 75 year old married man 

Bronze Conversationalist

I'm very sorry to read that you lost your Mom recently.  I lost mine too, and we were very close,

especially for the last ten years of her life.  I hope you'll carry her memory close in your heart.

I care.

Gold Conversationalist

Hi d192545p - My sympathy to you over the loss of your Mother.  I know how it feels to lose loved ones.  Please send me a note - I'd love to hear from you.

Contributor

Hi. My name is Rhonda. I am a 67 year old nurse. I love gardening, writing, walking my two mini poodles, watching Rachel Maddow and being outdoors.

How are you?

Contributor

Hi 60-year-old nurse.  I am a 67-year-old nurse, that was teaching nursing students until about six months ago and now I am semi-retired (working on making CNA video training).  

My name is Rhonda and I am a nonsmoker, dog lover, gardener, fan of Rachel Maddow and a writer.  

How are you!

Gold Conversationalist

Hi,

I am so sorry to hear about your mother.  May she rest in peace.

It would be so nice to have a penpal.  Please write soon!

Contributor

Good day,

I am not an AARP member but am just looking for people who are interested in receiving a letter or postcard, or exchanging them, during this strange time. 
I am not sure how to receive/send messages here and it seems we can't post our e-mail addresses, but if you know how to respond and are interested, please do!

I have 2 dogs, 2 rabbits, 5 chickens and 4 acres.  Hope to hear from someone who could use a piece of mail to brighten their day!

Periodic Contributor

Hi Lisa I said I was going to begin writing letters or postcards. I would enjoy being your pen pal. Let me know if you agree or not. Have a great evening.
Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

Hi there! My name is Lily and I am looking for a penpal. I'm 65 and have been pretty active and independent all my life. I divorced at a late age and I'm trying to navigate life post divorce. I would like to share and enjoy someone's perspective on a lot of different subjects and in life in general. I've been in the field of behavior health most of my life and find people of all walks of life interesting. I believe that we can manifest our future and try to stay positive and in the moment. I like to travel and create special memories and enjoy friends and family as often as i can. I also like my down time and can marathon some new show on Netflicks and order in some good Chinese food. I am comfortable alone and with others. I have sisters and a lot of friends that are like sisters. I have  brothers and male friends that have been like brothers so I'm comfortable with either. 

I thought of seeking a pen pal due to the corona virus and not being able to go out and enjoy the outdoors, classes and volunteering. 

Lily

Periodic Contributor

Dear Lily 

I am 65 and a man. I would like to share opinions and perspectives.  I have a pleasant job and a few friends who claim me.

Tom

Contributor

Hi Lily, my name is Don. You sound like you are both sensitive and intelligent. That you are interested in a ‘a lot of different subjects’ is an attraction. I am 79 and my body is in marginal condition, but the volume of my email writing may be wearing on my four grandchildren. My working life was as a mathematician programmer.

About me:

I’ve been retired for nearly twenty years; the most time was spent in México.

I believe that sapiens is at a branching point in our evolutionary journey

I enjoy two-way rational communication on a variety of topics:

Spirituality, I’m a Catholic who is open to Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, e.t.c. But not the social gatherings of any faith or any version of materialism. I have little patience with religious extremists of all faiths.

Liberal politics- (anti-Trump) however, if conservatism is ‘taking the safest path’, then I’m a conservative supporting Andrew Wang.

Physics, especially the spiritual connotations of quantum theory, such as the relationship between the big-bang and quantum entanglement is of great interest.

Evolution and philosophy of change, Lamarckian evolution, epigenetic, punctuated equilibrium are common reading genre.

I’ll will try to post this but I’m unclear about the procedures.

don

Contributor

how do replies work?

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

Hello Lily I would like to be your pen pal. I am 56 years old. I work as a Nursing Assistant for 17 years. I have been dealing with our current situation by taking up adult coloring,watching tv shows I have been missing for a while because of working a lot of hours. I have always wanted a pen pal so nows my time to do it.

Social Butterfly

Hi Alice. Nice to meet you and welcome to the forums. I'm Oscar from Tucson, Az. I too am new here.

Periodic Contributor

Hello Oscar thank you for welcoming me to the Forum. I am from Cleveland, Ohio. I was nervous about joining but I figured it couldn't hurt anything. It could possibly enrich my life and it just did thanks to you. Have a good evening.
Social Butterfly

You're very welcome Ms. Alice. And thank you may you have a good evening as well.

Social Butterfly

Hi Ms Lily. If interested my email is **removed**.

Social Butterfly

Hi Everyone. Hope all is good and everyone had a wonderful Easter considering what we're going thru. I'm basically looking for a Lady penpal. I'm in Arizona I'm 51 yrs old and Hispanic. Recently retired after 33 yrs as a carpenter. 

Gold Conversationalist

Dear Penpals,

During this time of social distancing let's take an opportunity to connect online!

Hope to hear from you SOON!!!

@SIMPLEGAL wrote:

Let's be penpals!

2441872tr5hi57akf.gif

Kudos
Views
Trusted Contributor

Good Morning , and Happy Easter. Hope you have a joyously wonderful day.

If you made a big Easter dinner and sharing with a love one enjoy be Thankful

and much happiness to you and yours!. If possible we can cultivate a friendship

by penpal in the mean time. Enjoy The Day!

Periodic Contributor

Good Morning,

Hope you are doing well! I am doing pretty good, just taking this whole situation one day at a time, like everyone else! Just thankful to be able to be healthy, and still be working. I hope thigns are still going well in your world! 

Gold Conversationalist

ToniLo...Hope you enjoyed a very Happy Easter! Please send me a personal note and tell me more about yourself. I look forward to your reply.
Periodic Contributor

I would like a pen pal. How does this work?

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

Ditto

How does this work....

Regular Contributor

We could exchange emails or we could use snail mail

Periodic Contributor

I haven't had a pen pal since I was in elementary school.  I am married, is it inappropriate to have a male pen pal?  I am not familiar with the rules.

Regular Contributor

There is no need to apologize. I am married myself. I am just looking for people to talk to and God willing become friends. 

Periodic Contributor

Hi James. Sorry but I'm a female who's in a permanent relationship with a male and would rather not be a pen pal to another male. Good luck finding someone else. 
te

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP