Recharge Your Job Search in 2018. AARP Foundation Can Provide You With Resources and Training. Learn More

Info Seeker

Re: How long do you want live? 80, 90, 100?

Message 41 of 138

Yes. You do want to be around to be involved in many things like this. Think about the good stuff that is still with you. Sometimes it takes a lot, but try to find a little bit of joy in every day. Try to get a laugh every day (or at least a smile).

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 42 of 138

Of course.

Info Seeker

Message 43 of 138

I get what you are saying. But still, unless there are some awful things you are dealing with, you really would like to have a long life....right?

Conversationalist

Message 44 of 138

I'm afraid once the Republicans kill/cripple Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security much of the optimism on this thread will begin to turn.  Of course they will delay this for several years (see their healthcare "reform" bill that was defeated by a single vote) so their voters will "forget" that the Republicans are the responsible ones.  And they will get rid of all of them/cripple them, or try like hell to get rid of them - see Ryan's proposed budget.  What better way to have a loyal workforce than to force your workers to work or lose health benefits as they're aging and need health benefits?  My father and step mother have benefited enormously from the current system, at my, my wife's and my daughter's (continued) expense, but are full throated supporters of this attempt. Hippocrites indeed. 

Info Seeker

Message 45 of 138

Sorry you feel that way.  I'm 87 and my wife 82 and have been married 63 years.  Two years ago we did the Disney Halft Marathon.  Last week we did a 5K for the opening of a new Bridge here in FL.

We walk 3 miles a day enjoy our family and especially our Grandsons.  We saved for retirement and do not have any serious financial problems.  Why would we want to die.  Age is all relative.  If your fortunate enough to be in fairly good health why would you put a time limit on your life.  Keep moving and enjoy every day as much as you can.  

Info Seeker

Message 46 of 138

I am there with you!  Born in 1945 and I have always wanted to live to 2050.  My reasons are much like yours. Let's do this!

Info Seeker

Message 47 of 138

I have often heard you live to be as old as your mindset.  In the 50's I wanted to be a Rocket Scientist and have been fascinated by technology ever since.  I set my longevity to 107 or the year 2050.  I wanted to see if we would make settlements on the moon, how automobiles would evolve (driverless as they predicted in 1960), and how our living could be made better by technology.  Some things have been great, others no so great.  Lets see what the next 33 years will bring.

Info Seeker

Message 48 of 138

I would love to live into my 100's so I can see my children and grandchildren enjoy their lives but would want to have my mental faculties in place.

Info Seeker

Message 49 of 138

i will be content with every day god allows me to awaken to see another day.thats good enough for me.

Info Seeker

Message 50 of 138

86 should be about right for me unless having severe life problems!!!