Live Your Best Life With Rewards for Good. Start Earning Reward Points Now. Get Started Now!

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: How long do you want live? 80, 90, 100?

Message 21 of 151
Dear LadyAnne73 No matter when the end of my life comes, I know that the Lord is with me and that I am loved and when I take my last breath Jesus will be holding my hand and I will be with Him for all eternity. I will see my dear Mother and my siblings, the many friends that have gone before me and all the worries and problems that I may have will be gone forever and I will be at peace. God bless you.
Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 22 of 151

LadyAnne73 wrote:

Today Hugh Hefner passed at the age of 91 . He was functional till his last days, Slow but sure.  Living his life the way he wanted. Aging did not stop him....In 17 yrs I will be 91. That's how I wish to be.

I don't know how to say this, so please forgive me if it comes out wrong. I was living with my mom when her health suddenly dropped like a rock and she nearly died in my arms. I knew she didn't want to be in a nursing home/hospital, but I panicked, and called an ambulance. I didn't know what to do, so I left it up to them. If I was better prepared to handle it, I might have been able to handle it better. Since nobody dies and lives to tell about it, It's still a mystery to us all. It seems to me, that even tho we all know our time will come some day, Being conscious of the event itself is a bit disconcerting. I don't think I'd want to be conscious of my own death. But even tho this may sound a bit morbid, I'd like to find out how people who are about to cross that threshold feel/think about it. I'm not sure if I'd be able to give someone that kind of interview. But when my time comes, I'd like to be prepared for it. I don't know if there is any good way to do that. But it sure seems better than being a bumbling idiot about it. Any thoughts about that?

Info Seeker

Message 23 of 151

Today Hugh Hefner passed at the age of 91 . He was functional till his last days, Slow but sure.  Living his life the way he wanted. Aging did not stop him....In 17 yrs I will be 91. That's how I wish to be.

ANTONETTE LOUISE KEMPLEN
Info Seeker

Message 24 of 151

I expect to live until I'm 120. I'm in good health, very active.  I can't think of anything that would stop me.  My only concern is Alzheimer's. I have family history.  I pray that the Lord will keep my mind.  I'm trying to do what I can.

Info Seeker

Message 25 of 151

I am 71 years old. I would like to live to at least 120 years. But between now and then I am hoping for some miracles from health science to help me maintain a decent quality of life. I'll need more money, too.

Info Seeker

Message 26 of 151

I am 62 years young but I admit I do have some aches and pains some days but to answer question I would like to retire at age 64 or sooner and to my late 80 if it's well with my God

Highlighted
Info Seeker

Message 27 of 151
I'm sure glad you wrote what I was thinking about writing. It will save me from having to write something. Thanks. Maureen
Info Seeker

Message 28 of 151

I feel the same!! I too am 78, and altho I am wheelchair bound, I still try to contribute to my family, and my community. I support all pet sanctuaries that I can, enjoy knowing God's beautiful creatures have a little better life because of me. My "girls", two beautiful little French Poodles, wait for me across the Rainbow Bridge, and I look forward to holding them in my arms again someday. My family is kind, supportive, and loving, who could ask for more? I never married but I have raised several children who think of me as "Mom", and I think of them as my own. Whenever I make that final journey, I will be ready. I have lived the best life I could, believed in God, and treated others as I wished to be treated every day of my life. I have loved, and been loved, cared for, and been cared for, always strived to be fair, honest, and keep my integrity above all else. Few will miss me, as so many have gone before me, but what a wonderful day it will be to see my parents, my siblngs, my children, my friends, and my girls once again.

Info Seeker

Message 29 of 151

I believe you can live long as you want as long as you can control how much rest that you can have.

When you have loss that control people will drawn you to worthless matters. Claiming it is a matter life of death went it is not. Stay away from people that can not respect your privacy.

You may have to choice your association carefully.

You also need to choice your carefully that demand too much overtime.

Info Seeker

Message 30 of 151

I would like to enjoy living and contributing to life on Earth as long as I am not in continual or debilitating pain, I am mobile, and particularly as long as my mind and eyes function well.  For me, that is not a number, rather, I aspire to an easy passing when the time comes to the Great Spirit, Allah,  and by any other name or verballization, God. 

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors