Stay Safe During Summer Storms with Disaster Preparedness Tips on AARP Live at 10 p.m. ET. Watch Now!

Info Seeker

Re: How long do you want live? 80, 90, 100?

Message 71 of 151

At 58 years old, I naturally ran circles around my younger colleagues at work. I am told that I look like someone in her early 40's - I feel like someone in her 30's. This was a beautiful video.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 72 of 151
Wait a minute! "My friends (sic) mother took the easy way out and she said she will never forgive her for being so weak." I assume the woman committed suicide. It is easy to pass judgement on another when you do not truly know what is going on with an individual. I believe the daughter, needs to realize that she does not know what, precisely, was going on with her mother. You suggest they were not close. Perhaps, Mom knew that daughter was a judgemental person and incapable of providing empathy and therefore kept her own counsel. The mother's suicide, assuming that is what is being talked about, may have been one of the most courageous act that a human being can do.
Info Seeker

Message 73 of 151

i would like to live to see my grandchildren graduate from college. As long as I can maintain my health and live independently I sure do want to live and experience all the joys of life.

Info Seeker

Message 74 of 151

Ditto most of above. As long as I'm productive, contributive, and not a burden to my children or society, I'll go for 100 and beat my Mom, who passed from this level at 98.

Conversationalist

Message 75 of 151

As many comments before, as long as I'm relatively healthy, maintain my hearing and eyesight and can enjoy daily life.

Highlighted
Info Seeker

Message 76 of 151

As long as I can remain useful, independent and relatively pain -free. Much of that depends upon Social Security and Medicare, so it is not age-related. It is Trump-(lack-of )-care related.

Conversationalist

Message 77 of 151

Good idea!

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 78 of 151

80 for me, but I'm 50 now.  Ask again whem I'm 75.   Smiley Very Happy

Info Seeker

Message 79 of 151

I love life now at 63 and if I could stay as healthy and active as I am now I would want to live forever.  However, if I can't enjoy life  and be daily grateful for all that I have then it will be time to leave.

Info Seeker

Message 80 of 151

90 would be good.

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors