Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

WE cry, rejoice, talk, share!

Whatever YOU need, WE are here for YOU.

***YOU are a very SPECIAL person and WE want to hear from YOU***

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—

Esteemed Social Butterfly

Stop by to chat when you feel up to it.

NO rules or judgement here.

We support everyone who stops by.

OUR WELCOME MAT IS ALWAYS OUTSIDE OUR DOOR.

The Grief & Loss Team  โ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿค—โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿค—โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿค—โ€Œโ€Œ

0 Kudos

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION AND/OR A TOPIC YOU WOULD LIKE US TO DISCUSS?

โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ–ถ๏ธโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€ŒTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ—€๏ธโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ

Thanks,

Nicole  โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿค—โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿค—โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿค—โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ

0 Kudos

THIS MAY HELP YOU!!! Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

@AARPsneed wrote:

I'm so sorry for your loss and to learn you're having a rough time right now but know you are not alone and there are resources available.

[1] The AARP  Friendly Voice program has volunteers available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. โ€” 5 p.m. ET.

[2] The AARP Virtual Community Center  FREE interactive online events and classes designed for learning, self improvement, and fun.

[3] Local AARP events โ€” Includes local in-person and virtual events. Go to local.aarp.org

[4] Learning Library โ€” Includes in-person and virtual events. Go to learn.aarp.org

[5] Senior Planet โ€” For technology, fitness, wellness workshops and more! Go to seniorplanet.org

[6] Movies for Grownups โ€” Free online movie screenings! Go to aarp.org/FreeMovies

[7] Find articles and resources from experts - Help Guide on Grief & Loss

[8] If you find yourself struggling with Isolation  

[8] A great resource on grief -Taking Care of Yourself - Grief, Loss and Healing

[9] Grief Support and Groups 
Use the Yellow Pages and call hospitals and hospices near you.

Ask to speak with the Bereavement Coordinator, Social Worker, or Chaplain's Office to get a local grief referral.

Many hospitals and hospices provide grief support to clients for up to one year following a death and offer groups to the general public.

[11] Thank you so much for reaching out for help. Remember there are a community of people here for you. Please take care of yourself.

AARPSneed, AARP Social Response Team

0 Kudos

๐Ÿ’ก  Just For TODAY - AARP Online Community. See link at bottom of this post!  ๐Ÿ”ฝ

โ€Œโ€Œ[1] What is YOUR "Just For Today" ...

โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ[2] Please REACH OUT to *1* GRIEVING person.

(A) Email/text/call/visit.

(B) Invite to do something fun.

(C) Babysit/help around their house.

(D) Or ask what is needed.

Grief & Loss TEAM  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Grief-Loss/Just-For-TODAY/m-p/2474449#M1178 

0 Kudos

Call, visit, text, email and so on TODAY the folks you CARE ABOUT.

Why?

Tomorrow is NOT PROMISED...

Luv you,

Nicole  โ€Œ๐Ÿค—โ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿค—โ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿค—โ€Œ

0 Kudos

YOU ARE SPECIAL!!!

NEVER compare yourself to OTHERS.  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

[1] Some of us are Group Folks. Support Groups and OTHER Group Activities have ADDED meaning to lives.

[2] Some are NOT. I fall into this group. Alone Time & One-On-One Interactions = groups stress me out. Maybe that will change, who knows.

[3] Just travel YOUR PATH YOUR WAY.

[4] There will be "suggestions" on this site and WE have to use what WORKS FOR US. And ignore the rest. Nothing wrong with that!!!  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

[5] YOU ARE DOING GREAT & I am honored to have you visit and post.  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Luv You,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos

Life has a way of bringing people we NEED into OUR LIVES.

[1] Maybe for us to ADD to their life with OUR TIME (listening and sharing).

[2] Maybe for them to ADD to our lives.

Either way, PAY ATTENTION to life and what it is TELLING you as you travel today/tonight!!!  ๐Ÿ™ƒ

When you do, your INSIDES feel better in my opinion.

Knock, knock - OPEN that door...

Luv you,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

In my humble opinion, WE WILL ALWAYS miss our luv ones until the day WE JOIN THEM.

So NEVER feel guilty for this and take 1 Step At A Time  โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘ฃโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿ‘ฃโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿ‘ฃโ€Œ  when you FEEL like your INSIDES are hurting and those TEARS have arrived.

There is NO SECRET out there to CANCEL this, but IF we can APPRECIATE the times we are able to MOVE FORWARD - soon we will do so IN SPITE of the tears and heartache I promise.

Luv you all,

Nicole  โ€Œ๐Ÿค—โ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿค—โ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿค—โ€Œ

0 Kudos

Remember, it is okay to take some time off from life to regroup to either heal and/or figure out our NEXT STEPS.

Take your time.

I promise things will FALL IN PLACE as they should IF we allow ourselves to ACCEPT all our victories and/or failures.

YOU GOT THIS!!!  โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘โ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿ‘โ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿ‘โ€Œ

0 Kudos

๐Ÿ’ƒ  Tell Us About YOUR GOOD days! And YES, we will have a FEW SOME weeks - AARP Online Community. โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€ŒSee link at bottom of this post!  ๐Ÿ”ฝ

Any HAPPY DANCES to share?

And support OTHERS with a comment when you can!!!

Thanks,
Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—  โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Grief-Loss/Tell-Us-About-YOUR-GOOD-days-And-YES-we-will-have-a-FEW-SOM...

0 Kudos

๐Ÿ‘‹  Help and signs from loved one - AARP Online Community. See link at bottom of this post!  ๐Ÿ”ฝ

Stop by to JOIN Carolyn's discussion when YOU have a few spare moments!

Thanks,
Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—
 โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Grief-Loss/Help-and-signs-from-loved-one/m-p/2478924#M1452

0 Kudos

๐Ÿ“š  Grief & Loss Books - AARP Online Community. โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€ŒSee link at bottom of this post!  ๐Ÿ”ฝ

READ any books that has helped YOU? Stop by and tell us about them.

And checkout the suggestions left by OTHERS!!!  โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Grief-Loss/Grief-amp-Loss-Books/m-p/2475048#M1224

0 Kudos

๐Ÿ™ƒ  GRATITUDE while we heal - AARP Online Community. See link at bottom of this post!  ๐Ÿ”ฝ

WHAT ARE YOU GRATEFUL FOR RIGHT NOW? โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ

Gratitude brings MORE of the GOOD stuff our way!!!  โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Grief-Loss/GRATITUDE-while-we-heal/m-p/2532387#M9115

0 Kudos

โ™ป๏ธ (1 comment) IT IS A SUBJECT I AND MY DAUGHTER USE TO AVOID UNTIL SHE LOST HER FATHER. NOW SHE UNDERSTANDS WHY I HAD TOLD HER WHERE EVERYTHING IS FOR WHEN I PASS. WHAT DO YOU HAVE SET UP SO FAR FOR YOURSELF?  ๐Ÿค” ANY TIPS TO SHARE?  ๐Ÿค”

Me - I set up an area on my bookshelf for ALL legal documents. I am working on the cremation end of things.  MY TIP: Try NOT to dwell on your passing as we ALL will one day. Just TRY to remember the ones we leave behind will be GRIEVING. Anything we can do while still ALIVE to make things easier shows we LUV them!!!  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I have a portable plastic box set up with all of my important documents. I prepared it to be something I can easily grab and run with during hurricane season and also for utilization at the end of my life by my family designees.

Marcy

๐Ÿค”  What CHALLENGE(s) Are YOU Facing RIGHT NOW - AARP Online Community. See link at bottom of this post!  ๐Ÿ”ฝ

EVERY day and night we may be faced with several challenges.  โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ

WE are here for YOU!!!

Stop by when you feel up to it and share with us.

WE listen, may add our 2 cents, BUT NEVER JUDGE.

Nicole  โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Grief-Loss/What-CHALLENGE-s-Are-YOU-Facing-RIGHT-NOW/m-p/2475057#M1229

0 Kudos

We ATTRACT what we are.

We ATTRACT what we focus on (our thoughts).

IF we want our lives to CHANGE, we have to work on ourselves and our thoughts.

[1] Want KINDER folks in your life, practice being kind to others.

[2] Want your DREAMS to happen, EVERY DAY focus on them and BELIEVE in them.

Worked for me!!!  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Luv you guys,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

โ™ป๏ธ  (1 comment) ๐Ÿ”  REMEMBER THE SAYING AND PRAYER ABOUT STUFF AND PEOPLE WE HAVE NO CONTROL OVER? HOW ARE YOU DEALING WITH THESE SITUATIONS RIGHT NOW? THANKS, NICOLE  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Me - my right now have NO CONTROL OVER are my Neighbors From H.ll Above Me. I won't lie and say I like them. I don't!!!  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ  It has been H.LL with all 3 sets of neighbors above me since moving in 2018. Luv my Cute Studio Apt in the Virginia hills but NO MORE neighbors next to me when I move. Until then, MY MUSIC keeps me SANE.

Gold Conversationalist

REMEMBER THE SAYING AND PRAYER ABOUT STUFF AND PEOPLE WE HAVE NO CONTROL OVER?

God, grant me the....

God, grant me the PURRrenityGod, grant me the PURRrenity

๐Ÿ˜„

Kudos
Views

๐Ÿ‘‚  1 comment  (โ™ป๏ธ Remember, listening to someone costs zero and you have made that person feel wanted and cared for.

YES, we all receive the stuff that cost money (money, giftcards, flowers, condolence cards/notes) BUT I know how much being listened to has WARMED my insides!!!

So think of someone TODAY who may be NEEDING your ear...

Thanks,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Silver Conversationalist

This is good to remember Nicole. We do get busy and temporarily forget that everyone has their sufferings. 

โ™ป๏ธ  (1 comment) HOW ARE YOU MEETING NEW PEOPLE?  ๐Ÿค”

Me - Ironically I read this in my Google News. It is exactly what I am doing (reaching out to random strangers), subject to change of course. Thanks, Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[1] Visit a park at the same time each day. Note the other people around. If comfortable, strike up a conversation with folks who appear approachable.

[2] If you enjoy an article, newsletter or book, let the author know.

[3] Say hello to someone you come across in your neighborhood, at the store or library. Ask them about their day.

https://www.signalsaz.com/articles/how-to-deal-with-loneliness-in-retirement/

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Get on a mailing list at a religious institution that is active. These types of institutions have many opportunities for volunteering, learning, socializing, and becoming part of a community.

Marcy

โ™ป๏ธ  (1 comment) HOW ARE YOU HANDLING THE HOLIDAYS AND DAYS LIKE MOTHER'S AND FATHER'S DAYS - BIRTHDAYS - ANNIVERSARIES AND SO ON?  ๐Ÿค”

Me, I have never been a Group Person and as soon as I turned 18, started to "skip" the gatherings. I luv the one-on-one interactions. As far as Father's Day, he was never the father my daughter deserved [drug and crime issues], so she never did the day. Every day is Mother's Day for me = she makes sure I am okay every day. She is the opposite of me and while she avoids family  ๐Ÿ™„,  she has had Extended Family & Friends all her life. So she spends the holidays with them.  ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I wanted to stop by today. All on the forum are in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care and take it easy. One day goes into the next, and each day takes care of itself! ๐Ÿ’“ 

โ™ป๏ธ  (2 comments) In my opinion, Living In The Moment helps to keep us SANE - HOPEFUL & PEACEFUL!!! What are YOUR THOUGHTS on this?  Thanks, Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Me - it is taking my all to NOT get angry and mourne the "possible" loss of a dear friend. One I didnot go looking for and who has RENEWED my HOPE of meeting HEALTHY HUMANS in my journey. I had told you guys about Dalinda, a Walmart Employee. Her cancer is back  ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ  But you would NEVER know. I pry stuff out of her when she says she is okay. Then it is like the water has been released and she hugs me and tells me WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON. Lol, my Weekly Term = hmmm, now tell me what is really going on AFTER her 1st response to my Weekly How Are You Doing Question of I am OK. I am FINALLY learning that life brings us WHAT WE NEED and forever long it lasts, we NEED TO ENJOY IT. ๐Ÿ‘

Silver Conversationalist

Nicole, how lovely is your care for Dalinda, and her for you. It reminds me that everyone we meet has challenges and problems. I'm sure Dalinda is always happy to see you. I'm not sure everyone is always happy to see me  lol. Except I keep going. I'm glad you're getting out and about. And it's nice you girls have these meet-ups. Those moments are important.

Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ,

You are in Dalinda's life at a time when she really needs someone. You are to be commended for being there, for recognizing her needs, and allowing her to be heard! Maybe she is in your life to show you there are good, caring, appreciative people and The importance of making the best of every moment we have in life.

Marcy

โ™ป๏ธ  (4 comments) Some of us are already VERY ACTIVE in our NEW lives, while others NEED to get back into the groove. Hmmm, which are YOU? And IF you feel up to it, tell us what has been going on in YOUR LIFE!!! Thanks, Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Me - lol, lazy and lazy!!! But finally feeling an "interest" to dig up my Old Hobbies. Now to actually do this.  ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

I do miss my walks in nature but as I AGE just cannot deal with the I OWN NATURE mentality of some youngsters. Gosh, I return MORE STRESSED than when I left. So I have to find someplace safe and not taken over by humans. Wish me luck!!!  ๐Ÿ‘

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP