Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

WE cry, rejoice, talk, share!

Whatever YOU need, WE are here for YOU.

***YOU are a very SPECIAL person and WE want to hear from YOU***

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

Hope you are feeling better.  I, too, have to get my flu shot.  They are telling you to get all the shots at once!  THAT IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.  Some of these shots are new to us and there is no way of knowing the affects of getting all the shots at one time.   I got the pneumonia shot, will get the flu shot when I am brave enough to do so, holding off on the THIRD booster of Covid and the new shot for those over 60.  

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

And Sweet Dreams to you Nicole, every night! Take care!

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist

Thank You Nicole.

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

My son's place is on the market.  They had their first open house Sunday.  Things have come to a stand still for me.  I am having a problem with my legs and it is very difficult for me to walk.  Went to the doctors yesterday, got blood taken today (11 vials!!!!) and waiting on the results.  I am also scheduled for a bone density test.  We were to fly into Idaho sometime this month to begin the house search, but I don't think I will be able to do that until I can walk without pain.  Hopefully the steroid prescribed will help eliminate the pain.  As I said, getting old is h*ll.  I am hoping that this will not delay my plans to move.  Thank You for inquiring Nicole.  I love on how you check on people and REALLY care about them the way you do.  I always enjoy hearing from you.  

Honored Social Butterfly

@Cadee2719 Sorry to hear about

your leg pain. I am hoping your Dr

will be able to help you. Life has a

funny way of trying to knock us

down. I know you will be able to

stand up soon and keep going. We

are women and we are strong.
Keep us 
posted ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ™

Bronze Conversationalist

Cadee, I hope you feel better!  Take care!

Bronze Conversationalist

Cadee @Cadee2719 , I'm so sorry to hear about your leg pain. You are on it and turning it over to health professionals who hopefully are better equipped to analyze these things than we are. Focus on yourself to get through this time and do anything that brings relief or comfort. Take your steroid, breathe, think positive, healing thoughts, and maybe even read some material with encouraging themes.

Your son is there and things seem to be moving in the right direction for him. You have hit a bump in the road. I'm thinking of you and sending prayers for healing and comfort.

Marcy

Conversationalist

Thank You Marcy.  Getting more tests done, using a walker which helps.  This too, will pass.  

Honored Social Butterfly

I am home safe and sound. Yesterday had its 

moments in the form of rain so hard I had to 

pull over. I am happy I got there and back and

never got lost. A first for me!

Conversationalist

Glad you are home and safe.  i still admire the fact that you were brave enough to make that trip.  You go girl!๐Ÿ‘

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Gold Conversationalist

๐Ÿ›

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning all! Iโ€™m getting ready for the final

journey home to NJ. It took TEN hours to get to

W VA due to a horrible crash in KY. I am still just

exhausted. Hopefully it wonโ€™t take that long today.

I will return to the forum tomorrow ๐Ÿ’œ

Conversationalist

Be safe.  I admire the fact that you would drive that distance. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

Yes, of course we'd like to hear of your trip to your mechanic!   Those visits can be

quite stressful.                                          

End of life documents are important. I think people don't understand how end of life issues work. I'm referring specifically to the "no resuscitation" form. If paramedics are called in an emergency they'll do everything they can to keep a person alive. If the patient says, "no, I don't want this anymore, I signed the form.."  Their response is, "we can't do that, because by the time we call your doctor or wherever your form is you could have something else happen and be in worse shape, so let's try this first..."  and they give the paddle or meds or whatever it takes to keep the person going. The "do not resuscitate" form is for the very end when the doctors have exhausted all efforts. That's when they ask the patient if they want to be taken off support or medication keeping them alive. I didn't fully realize how it all happened until I saw the process play out firsthand. Definitely not easy to see. And sad to remember. I gained admiration for paramedics who work in chaotic conditions under great stress. 

Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy , I'm glad your Aetna call went well this time. It is always so satisfying to get a human who has answers and is able to help with issues!

That is a great end of life project that you are working on. It is an important thing to do and your daughter will thank you one day.

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

I just got back from my bereavement group and our facilitator shared a quote that might be resonate with at least some of our group.

"Grief is like the wake behind a boat. It starts out as a huge wave that follows close behind you and is big enough to swamp and drown you if you suddenly stop moving forward. But if you do keep moving, the big wake will eventually dissipate. And after a long time, the waters of your life get calm again, and that is when the memories of those who have left begin to shine as bright and as enduring as the stars above ."  --Jimmy Buffett

May he rest in peace.

Conversationalist

Marcy you always have just beautiful quotes to help me through my day.  Thank You

Honored Social Butterfly

Yes starting the trek home tomorrow. Dreading the

long car ride. It was so wonderful to spend time 

with them. I hate to have to leave

Bronze Conversationalist

@BeatleloverKT  The goodbyes are sad, but I'm glad you enjoyed your time with family! Wishing you safe travel back home!

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time! ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy , I hope your insurance call yielded the results you wanted.

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time! ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

Yes Nicole  @Nicole549658 I just looked at the clock to see how time is flying by. I must get busy trying to clean around in my mess and the holiday will be over!

Marcy

Honored Social Butterfly

Happy Labor Day to everyone. Hope you find some peace and joy today ๐Ÿ’œ

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP