Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

WE cry, rejoice, talk, share!

Whatever YOU need, WE are here for YOU.

***YOU are a very SPECIAL person and WE want to hear from YOU***

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

@Anonymous , I do try to keep things tidy and it does bring me a sense of comfort. I still feel compelled to do lengthy cleaning sessions on a regular basis, but that is just part of me. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey dear Marcy @MarcyW882921 , we have to do what feels right for us. ๐Ÿ‘ Lol, I LAZY/lol ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

My daughter is like you and it is an ALL DAY project. ๐Ÿ™„

Now that I am divorced and live alone, I prefer the "clean" as I go.

Good hearing from you. ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฅณ

Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ˜‚

โ–ถ๏ธ@MarcyW882921 wrote:

@Anonymous , I do try to keep things tidy and it does bring me a sense of comfort. I still feel compelled to do lengthy cleaning sessions on a regular basis, but that is just part of me. ๐Ÿ˜‰โ—€๏ธ

Anonymous
Not applicable

Party Time!!! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฅณ

OUR Marcy @MarcyW882921 stopped by! ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

โ–ถ๏ธRe: ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us ๐Ÿ™‚

by MarcyW882921 in Grief & Loss

โ€Ž06-13-2023 04:14 PM

@Cadee2719 , You obviously have a lot of love to give and in time you will find a place for it to go. Because of our loss, we are forever changed. We are no longer a wife, caretaker, etc. so now we are searching for our new identity and purpose. I think we join many others on this path.โ—€๏ธ

Anonymous
Not applicable

Party Time!!! OUR @Cadee2719 just stopped by ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

โ–ถ๏ธRe: ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us ๐Ÿ™‚

by Cadee2719 in Grief & Loss

โ€Ž06-13-2023 02:00 PM

I agree. My role for many, many years was "caretaker" to my husband. I did all I could to keep him alive. His doctors would tease me and say they wanted me as their nurse when they became ill. Toward the end of his hospice care, the nurse (the sweetest person ever) said "He is dying. You are still struggling to do everything within your power to keep him alive. He is suffering and you must let him go." Now that he is gone, I no longer feel as if I have a purpose in life. I struggle to find my identity. Last night I read something by Jamie Anderson; "Grief is just love, with no place to go." Thank You for expressing your thoughts and understanding.โ—€๏ธ

Bronze Conversationalist

Cadee I'd say you've found a purpose in sharing your experiences here. What you share helps others dealing with the same issues. Most people have no idea how Hospice works, or how to navigate end of life issues. Your knowledge can help many people find ways that work in their situations! Take care.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Party Time!!! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฅณ

OUR Marcy @MarcyW882921 just stopped by. ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

โ–ถ๏ธMarcyW882921 Conversationalist

โ€Ž06-12-2023 03:41 PM

Oh my...you are so spot on with your description. I can truly relate to everything you said!

Thank you!

Marcyโ—€๏ธ

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 comments (6/12/23) Party Time!!! ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ’ƒ

OUR @mc6844 just stopped by. ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

โ–ถ๏ธ(1) mc6844 Conversationalist

โ€Ž06-12-2023 02:16 PM

Good reminders Marcy! Thank yoi

โ–ถ๏ธ(2) mc6844 Conversationalist

โ€Ž06-12-2023 02:37 PM

Your question made me think. When my husband was dying in hospital he kept asking me "how are you doing?" I said "I'm ok." Of course I wasn't but didn't want to add to his grief. But I kept telling myself I was OK cause what else are you gonna do in those circumstances? Falling apart wasn't an option. It would be too much putting all of myself back together. Except we're never the same after these things. It's not only the people we love and care about that we've lost, but that part of our life and our roles in their lives. โ—€๏ธ

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I agree.  My role for many, many years was "caretaker" to my husband.  I did all I could to keep him alive. His doctors would tease me and say they wanted me as their nurse when they became ill.   Toward the end of his hospice care, the nurse (the sweetest person ever) said "He is dying.  You are still struggling to do everything within your power to keep him alive.  He is suffering and you must let him go."  Now that he is gone, I no longer feel as if I have a purpose in life.  I struggle to find my identity.  Last night I read something by Jamie Anderson;  "Grief is just love, with no place to go."  Thank You for expressing your thoughts and understanding.

Bronze Conversationalist

@Cadee2719 , You obviously have a lot of love to give and in time you will find a place for it to go. Because of our loss, we are forever changed. We are no longer a wife, caretaker, etc. so now we are searching for our new identity and purpose. I think we join many others on this path.

Anonymous
Not applicable

2 comments ๐Ÿ“ฌ(Monday 6/12/23)

Well, took it easy this weekend and had some "rough" moments but LEARNING to let the "moments" come and go! ๐Ÿ‘

Was SO GOOD hearing from EVERYONE...๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ’ƒ

So TONIGHT is Trash Night. ๐Ÿ˜ญ NO mail = NO post office emails since I last checked. Check each week when I make my "dreaded" trip to the dumpster. But I do CHECK "just in case" they missed notifying me. ๐Ÿ™„

Then TOMORROW (Tuesday) is my "mixed emotions" trip to my LOA (local office of aging) to get my MEDICARE set up. Turn 65 THIS September and NOT looking forward to the process. Yes, decisions and changes. My OLD doctor does NOT accept Medicare. ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ Same with dentist for my 6-month cleanings. Then the trip DOWNTOWN. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ Yes, getting on the highway. I picked a Tuesday and 10am HOPING all the "bumper riders" are somewhere else and NOT on my bumper./lol ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Then WEDNESDAY, my weekly Walmart "out of food" run. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

***And yes, a night of falling asleep BEFORE my 11pm bedtime = now AWAKE. Oh well...๐Ÿ˜‰***

Luv you ALL,

Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Bronze Conversationalist

Thanks for sharing Nicole. The moments and time marches on for sure. I hear a lot of hope in your shares and I hope your Medicare years are good to you!

Kudos
Views
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @mc6844 , so GOOD hearing from you!!! ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ’ƒ Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

โ–ถ๏ธ@mc6844 wrote:

Thanks for sharing Nicole. The moments and time marches on for sure. I hear a lot of hope in your shares and I hope your Medicare years are good to you!โ—€๏ธ

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 comments (Monday 6/12/23)

Sometimes WE do NOT feel like stopping by to chat.

WE understand! ๐Ÿ‘

But HOPE you will stop by AGAIN to see us. ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

floating-text.gif

๐Ÿ“ธ.gif attached๐Ÿ“ธ

Bronze Conversationalist

Your question made me think. When my husband was dying in hospital he kept asking me "how are you doing?" I said "I'm ok." Of course I wasn't but didn't want to add to his grief. But I kept telling myself I was OK cause what else are you gonna do in those circumstances? Falling apart wasn't an option.  It would be too much putting all of myself back together. Except we're never the same after these things. It's not only the people we love and care about that we've lost, but that part of our life and our roles in their lives. 

Bronze Conversationalist

Oh my...you are so spot on with your description. I can truly relate to everything you said!

Thank you!

Marcy

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (6/11/23) Party Time!!! ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ’ƒ

OUR Marcy @MarcyW882921 just stopped by ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

โ–ถ๏ธ(1) Re: ๐Ÿ“‹ How to SURVIVE GRIEF, Come Out the Other Side and ENJOY LIFE AGAIN!

โ€Ž06-11-2023 05:30 PM

1 Kudo

Nicole @Spring2023 , Thanks for sharing this again. I read it several months ago, but it was good for me to read it again at this stage in my grief process. Marcy

(2) Re: ๐Ÿ“‹ Be gentle with yourself!

โ€Ž06-11-2023 05:35 PM

1 Kudo

Nicole @Spring2023, Today I did some physical activity, had lunch with a friend, called a relative that I hadn't spoken to for a while, and spent some quiet time reading. It felt good to take care of myself in multiple ways. I'd like to think that there were others who benefitted as well. ๐Ÿ™‚ Marcyโ—€๏ธ

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Good reminders Marcy! Thank you

Honored Social Butterfly

Happy Sunday to everyone! This is my day that

I donโ€™t do a thing. No housework and usually no

cooking. Just relaxing. Hope you all are relaxing 

as well. Love to all ๐Ÿ’œ

Bronze Conversationalist

Kathy @BeatleloverKT Good for you! It is great that you allow yourself this day of rest and relaxation! Enjoy your you time because you deserve it.

Marcy

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (Friday 6/9/23)

I hope everyone gets some sleep TONIGHT. ๐Ÿ˜ด

Yes, SOME nights are a "trip" for me = sometimes I fall asleep too early and then up when I am SUPPOSE to be sleeping. ๐Ÿ™„

Oh well, I NOW "celebrate" the nights I do sleep 11pm to 6am and KNOW on the other nights - it is TEMPORARY! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Luv you ALL, Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with "sleep", but it is also a relief to hear that I am not the only one.  Caring for my husband in hospice care at home, I relied on a small dose of Melatonin to try to sleep.  I continued to rely on this for my four hours of sleep since he passed.  Now I am weaning myself off of this and trying to form natural sleep habits.  Some nights I do ok, others not.  I find that "recovery" to a new life can be a struggle;  one we must face and conquer each day.  I am so glad that I have my friends on this site to walk me through this.  Love to all on this site.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (Friday 6/9/23)

Dear Carol @CarolD435501 how are you TODAY? ๐Ÿค”

Bronze Conversationalist

I was thinking about Carol @CarolD435501 today too!

Marcy

Anonymous
Not applicable

(4 comments) One Step At A Time! ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Hi Nicole.  Today I donated several bags of my husband medical supplies and some of his clothes.  I hope someone can use them.  One more step taken.    Sunday, went to lunch with two friends and it was really nice to get out of the house.  I originally thought of making an excuse as to why I could not go, but was glad that I did.  I found that it really made my day.  My grandson will return from college next week and it will be so nice to see him again.  I know that I have to begin living my life but I shy away from the attempts to do so.  I need to try harder.  I hope that everyone is doing well.

Bronze Conversationalist

It's so good to hear from you @Cadee2719! This is a great day for you! Donating some things to benefit others, getting out socially, and looking forward to your grandson's visit. Take it easy on yourself...I think you are doing just fine. ๐Ÿ™‚

Trusted Social Butterfly

Just checking in to say hello and hope everyone is doing well with dealing with loss...It will be seven months tomorrow which also is my 81st birthday...I am or have been trying to tie up loose ends ..things started but not completed on house maintenance..Things that had to be shelved because of the  care taking and passing of my husband...I have to thank those who allowed me a grieving time but like all things we must start to move forward with little steps ...There have been set backs but nothing remains the same and I have learned by my experiences..Hopefully each day will improve over the last..some days are easier than others but I try to keep busy and remember the good times and memories made with each other..Now to get things going on the home front again.

Bronze Conversationalist

I identify with the house situation. Having had to put house maintenance on hold too. But I'm getting caught up. It's good to know we can get it done. Just don't pull a muscle like I did!  Take care. After all, the houses will be here after us!

Anonymous
Not applicable

(4 comments) Dear Carol, WE are here IF you need us!

So sorry for your loss!!! ๐Ÿ˜ญ

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

It is so hard,,,,,lost my husband of 32 years April 15th 2023....some days I seem to go forward,,,and then I fall back more days then I gained.....How long do I have to feel this,,,,no one knows,,,,but talking the others may help.../.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP