Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

READ the comments and/or ADD a comment.

***A place to share and support***

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Screenshot_20230530-033419_Chrome.jpg

๐Ÿ“ธclipart attached๐Ÿ“ธ

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Tuesday 10/24/23)

Dear tttttt, I am SO SORRY about your loss! ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Are you interested in an online or in person Support Group?

Luv You,

Nicole ๐Ÿค—

โœ tttttt wrote:

Good evening 

My husband Ron passed away 9/13/2023 and I need to get into a group that will help me through this. Or I may have a nervous break down.โœ

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Good morning Nicole. Been a little busy this week and haven't gotten around to posting. I am heading down OC Maryland today for Sunset. Just me, my son and my mom. Only a one day trip but, it will be nice to get out of the house and see some different sites. Our boy is growing like a weed. We are still working on the potty training but he is starting to get better at it. I thought I would share with you all the latest. Here he is sharing a snooze with his brother. 

IMG_20231017_115649572.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Wednesday 10/18/23)

Dear Cadee @Cadee2719 and Marcy @MarcyW882921 , do you guys have any PLANS for your anniversaries on the 22nd and 30th?

Or playing it by ear = see how you feel that day.

Luv you BOTH,

Nicole ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy, My husband was a people person and when he was healthy he would do anything he could to help others. To honor his memory on the 22nd, I am participating in a Walk Against Hate in the morning and serving meals to people who are homeless and/or food insecure in the afternoon. In the evening, I am meeting a friend for dinner.

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Tuesday 10/17/23)

๐Ÿ’Š  I will be back after my 8:15am EST Doctor's Appointment TODAY!

It is about 6:30am for me and didnot want to get up when my 6am ALARM went off. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Lol, got up IMMEDIATELY to avoid falling back to sleep.... ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Rough night of sporadic sleep - praying I stay ALERT while driving. ๐Ÿ™

See you later,

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Wow Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy that is an early doctor's appointment. I hope all went well.

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Monday 10/16/23)

Thank you SO MUCH Amy @agoyer !!! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

It was SO GOOD hearing from you,

Luv you Nicole ๐Ÿค—

โœ@agoyer wrote:

@SpringIsHereSoHappy Hello! Jane shared a link to one of my columns about grief and loss over the holidays, and a state-based webinar coming up. I will also be doing a webinar about caregiving during the holidays on Nov. 16th - stay tuned for information about that! 

My column on life after caregiving and dealing with grief might be helpful too: https://www.aarp.org/caregiving/life-balance/info-2020/finding-purpose-after-caregiving-ends.html 

Take care,

Amy Goyer, AARP Family & Caregiving Expert

Author, Juggling Life, Work and Caregiving

โœ

AARP Expert

@SpringIsHereSoHappy Good to hear from you too!!!! โค๏ธ

Trusted Social Butterfly

(1 comment/10-16-23)

โš ๏ธQUESTION OF THE DAY/NIGHT!

Did you do something (or plan to) that brought you peace TODAY/TONIGHT? ๐Ÿค”

Me: Not yet, BUT getting a Good Morning from Kimberly @KimberlyM389662 , Beasley ๐Ÿ•, Munchkin ๐Ÿˆ and Blu ๐Ÿˆ made me SMILE! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

*** (1) I need to go READ the material OUR dear Jane @JaneCares (2) and OUR dear Amy  @agoyer for us. ***

Their information will HELP to get me "mentally and emotionally" READY for NEXT month - Thanksgiving.๐Ÿ‘ ***

Nicole ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I know what you mean Nicole. I don't celebrate Valentine's Day because that was my Dad's birthday but, St. Patrick's Day was our 32nd anniversary of meeting and then Mother's and Father's Day, what would have been our 31st wedding anniversary. We also had birthdays in September. Now we are approaching Thanksgiving, my daughter's birthday Christmas and New years alone. And then most of all, our daughter's wedding next year. I feel so alone and angry because he left me to do all this on my own. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

3 comments (Monday 10/16/23)

Hi Amy @agoyer , Jane @JaneCares and Sandy @sandy - I hope you guys are well!

๐Ÿฆƒ  With THANKSGIVING approaching, any TIPS on getting through this HOLIDAY?

Thank you SO MUCH for setting up this AARP Grief & Loss Forum.

Luv your Welcome Post Sandy!

Luv your articles Amy!

Luv your helpful and compassionate help Jane!

Luv you,

Nicole ๐Ÿค—

AARP Expert

@SpringIsHereSoHappy Hello! Jane shared a link to one of my columns about grief and loss over the holidays, and a state-based webinar coming up. I will also be doing a webinar about caregiving during the holidays on Nov. 16th - stay tuned for information about that! 

My column on life after caregiving and dealing with grief might be helpful too: https://www.aarp.org/caregiving/life-balance/info-2020/finding-purpose-after-caregiving-ends.html 

Take care,

Amy Goyer, AARP Family & Caregiving Expert

Author, Juggling Life, Work and Caregiving

AARP Expert

Kudos
Views
AARP Expert

Trusted Social Butterfly

(1 comment/10-16-23) 

How are you TODAY/TONIGHT? ๐Ÿค”

Bronze Conversationalist

Good here Nicole, how are you?

Trusted Social Butterfly

(1 comment/10-15-23) 

What has HELPED you the most on YOUR Healing Journey so far? ๐Ÿค”

Me: My daughter, this AARP Grief & Loss Forum, reading, chatting with "random" folks at Walmart ๐Ÿ˜Ž and praying.

Thanks,

Nicole ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

I agree. And I think prayer is the key. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

(1 comment/10-14-23) 

OCTOBER 2023 ANNIVERSARY DATES ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

(1) Marcy @MarcyW882921 , I have ADDED your 10/22 Anniversary Date to my Wall Calendar. This way I will remember you in prayer ๐Ÿ™ and post EXTRA luv ๐Ÿ’™.

(2) Cadee @Cadee2719 , IF you let me know YOUR date for THIS MONTH - I will do the same for you. ๐Ÿ‘

(3) Anyone else, please feel free to let me know about YOUR dates for THIS MONTH - if you have any. I will also ADD you to my Wall Calendar. ๐Ÿ‘

*** We will be doing this for EACH month ***

Thanks,

Nicole ๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

My husband died on October 30, 2022.   It seems like yesterday to me.  Thank You Nicole for your kindness.

Bronze Conversationalist

I'm so sorry Cadee.

Bronze Conversationalist

Thanks Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy! I made it through his first anniversary this week and now have the second one on the 22nd.

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (10/13/23)

Marcy @MarcyW882921 ๐Ÿค—

When I think of you, I can't help but smile. My world would be a lot less colorful without your antics. (lovetoknow.com)

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy,

๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿค— I'm so glad!

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

(1 comment/10-13-23)

The healing light of the world is hugging you right now.  (lovetoknow.com) Cadee @Cadee2719 ๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

Good Morning Nicole.  Thank You for your thoughts and hugs.  โค๏ธ   Yesterday I received the results of one of the many tests, ultrasounds, and X-rays.   The results were good.  Still waiting on the others.  Still a lot of pain in both legs making it difficult to walk.  Blood tests shows that I need to make an appointment with an Immunologist??  Working with my insurance company to do that.  Other than all the doctor appointments I am staying home and resting.  My heart breaks each day as I listen to the news.  I pray that the wars will end soon.   Nicole, THANK YOU for being the person that you are; loving, caring and sincere.  I appreciate your reaching out to me.  It means a lot to me to know that someone cares.  Soon it will be the one year date of my husband's death and this, too, has me overwhelmed.   During difficult times, I withdraw and try to take ONE DAY AT A TIME.  Luv you โ™ฅ๏ธ

Trusted Social Butterfly

2 comments (Monday 10/23/23)

Goodness Cadee!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Hang in there like you have been ๐Ÿ‘ and luv how you are figuring out what do NEXT!!! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Yes, it is CATCH UP time and YOUR GRANDSON will have Granny around for several more years dear friend.... ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Thanks for the update and luv you,

Nicole ๐Ÿค—

โœCadee wrote:

Just returned from my eye exam.  (I think I am going to rent a room in the medical building with all the appointments I have had this month!!!).  Have to have surgery on my other eye for cataract/glaucoma surgery.  They will have to put stents in this eye as they did in my other eye.  I told them I will have to wait until 2024 as I am in the process of seeing the Rheumotologist soon and have to resolve that issue.  Nicole I AM FALLING APART.  ๐Ÿ˜ซ   I am greatful that I have taken the time to finally go to the doctors and am working on taking care of my health.  This is a new concept for a caregiver, but one that is necessary.โœ

Contributor

Thank you for those virtual hugs I needed today after I lost my 18 year old Alexis from a cancerous brain tumor known as "Glioblastoma"

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist

I'm so sorry for your loss Julia. I'm glad you found this site. The kind and good people here can help you. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

(1 comment/10-11-23)

Oh goodness Marcy @MarcyW882921 ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Yes, you will get through it!!!

My thoughts are with you dear friend, Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

โœ@MarcyW882921 wrote:

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy

Yes I have many activities, but your dinner reservation is still valid! I'm getting very close to being done with my renovations!

This past week I have however, experienced the steps backward that most of us seem to take at some point. I am coming up on the one year anniversary of my hubby's passing and he has two of them. The first started tonight and the next one is October 22nd. When I heard his name read last Friday it hit me like a ton of brick!

I was not as confident last Friday as I am today, that I will get through this somehow.

Marcyโœ 

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP