Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

READ the comments and/or ADD a comment.

***A place to share and support***

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Screenshot_20230530-033419_Chrome.jpg

๐Ÿ“ธclipart attached๐Ÿ“ธ

Trusted Social Butterfly

(4) Multiple losses in quick succession. 

- Quick Succession meaning other loved ones pass while you are still grieving the earlier  passing of a different loved one.

Esteemed Social Butterfly

1 comment (Saturday 12/9/23)

๐Ÿ’ก  How do YOU stay POSITIVE when YOU want to GIVE UP?  ๐Ÿค”  Stop by and share!  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

(Me) I try to remember those times in the past when I felt like giving up and didnot. And what SURPRISES came my way because I HUNG IN THERE!  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy . That sounds like a good time to write yourself a letter saying all of those things. When you have a downside day, pull it out for some self-encouragement.๐Ÿ™‚

Marcy

6 comments (Saturday 12/9/23)

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  Did YOU Take YOUR Steps?

(Me) Mine took me to the DREADED Dumpster and Mailbox TONIGHT! ๐Ÿ˜Ž  Hate going but KNOW if I DO NOT take it out WEEKLY, it will be SO RIPE... ๐Ÿคฎ

I HOPE everyone gets some "rest" TONIGHT at bedtime.... ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

117,182 steps and 21 flights of stairs today. My mom, God bless her came over and really helped me clean up my house. I'll end up paying for it tomorrow with my back. We are supposed to get some nasty rainy weather tomorrow with potential downpours and flooding. Glad that I don't have to go anywhere except the pharmacy. I feel sorry for everyone going to the Raven's game tomorrow. Yes I live in Baltimore and actually like my team, just not sure what I think of the hype surrounding our quarterback. I've seen worse but, I have also seen much better. We get to the playoffs and then he plays horribly and we get kicked out the first round, even when we win the division. Same thing happened to the Orioles this year. Good night my friend. My love to you and hope you have a good night. Mine have been a little rough and I have had some other things going on so that's why I haven't posted anything in a while. Here's our boy. 

IMG_20231123_124207297.jpg

Silver Conversationalist

Kimberly@KimberlyM389662 , That step count is astronomical!

Marcy

Kudos
Views

3 comments (Sunday 12/10/23)

Hi Kim @KimberlyM389662 !

I am SO GLAD to hear from you dear friend  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’™

Lol, I see our boy is getting his HANDSOME SLEEP in ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ’™

Trusted Contributor

@SpringIsHereSoHappy . He will be 6 months old on the 16th and already weighs almost 40 pounds. Love you too.๐Ÿ’•

1 comment (Sunday 12/10/23)

๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ•  Kim @KimberlyM389662 , when does he stop GROWING? ๐Ÿค”

Trusted Contributor

@SpringIsHereSoHappy he can keep growing until he is 2. His ears start growling at 7-8 days and can also grow until he is 2 but usually slow down around 1.5 years. Their ears can range in size but generally 7-12 inches. They have the longest ears on record I in the world of canines. Males can weigh upwards of 80 lbs but according to the chart I have at 7 months he should weigh 38-55 pounds and he won't be 6 months until the 16th of December so I think he is going to be a big boy, LOL. Like I just figured that out, HAHA because he was 13 lbs when I got him at 8 weeks. Here they all are this morning. They seem to be enjoying it, LOL. Love you my dear friend and sister. 

IMG_20231211_074059407.jpg

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Silver Conversationalist

I've read through several posts and as always admire everyone's efforts, and the struggle to move forward in ways we can. I agree that it's not easy to restart a life, gain new interests or pick up on old ones. Keeping up with one's own health is a challenge but necessary to prevent problems. I'm past a lot of hobbies. Tried to get interested again, but it's a no go. I never had time to watch much TV in my life. So there are lots of old shows from less complicated eras that I haven't seen. I think I'm reminded of the saying 'there's a time for everything under the heavens...'

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Silver Conversationalist

Nicole@NicoleRetired2020FL , You are up late tonight!๐Ÿค”

Marcy

1 comment (Thursday 12/7/23)

Lol, Marcy @MarcyW882921 - you know how that goes. But heading to go listen to my audiobook = possible zzz's   ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Same here Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy - only mine is a book that I will hold and read before nodding off to sleep.

Marcy

1 comment (Thursday 12/7/23)

๐Ÿก  Marcy @MarcyW882921 , any UPDATES on your "roof" ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy , I received a copy of a permit that was filed so I'm thinking I should be hearing something before too long.

Did you get my PM I sent on Tuesday?

Marcy

1 comment (Thursday 12/7/23)

My mind ran on you "just now" Bill @BillH490171 for a SAFE AND PEACEFUL trip THIS Tuesday 12/12/23 (mentioned in your post below). ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

โœ (FRIDAY 12/1/23) Bill @BillH490171 wrote:

Interesting day for me as I signed the burial agreement to have my wife's ashes placed in the niche we bought a few years ago. She'll be near her mom and other family members. Its been 6 months and I'm ready for this next step.  I'll drive up to Ohio on 12/12. The sun is shining now after a cold rainy morning. I know she would be happy and urge me to place her there.  Seems like this year is a blur at times.  

Hope you all have a great weekend and let the sun shine on your lives,  Bill โœ

Trusted Contributor

Nicole, thank you and I'm hoping in an easy trip up, say and think my regards with two of my daughters, and then a drive back home.

Bill

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Through out the year I receive gifts like the one shown here from my deceased hubby via by a  messenger( a member of our family.)...This one is very special because of the message on the enclosed card...He is with me in spirit..With Love from Tom....With Love from Tom....

Silver Conversationalist

That's very nice Joni. Thank you for sharing your comfort and happiness. I'm sure loved ones are around in more ways we could know.

2 comments (Wednesday 12/6/23)

๐Ÿ‘ฅ  For Those Of Us Who Are READY To MINGLE, what steps if any ๐Ÿ™„ are you taking to meet "new" people? ๐Ÿค”

(Me/lol) Kind of ready but NOT for groups. I am being NICER to folks, but still have my GUARD up. My "only" child, a daughter is STILL the only HUMAN I trust. At age 65, I MAY never trust anyone else before I die. Too OLD for all the "drama and games"  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Silver Conversationalist

I've gone solo to a few group activities recently.

Marcy

Silver Conversationalist

I like how you say you're being NICER to folks. Lol.  

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Silver Conversationalist

Making friends has been a challenge for me and maybe it has for others as well. I know people from chorus, tennis, and water aerobics and I talk to people at these activities. It doesn't go beyond social interactions during those activities. I find that it's not the same to be with couples who were friends of ours and the single people I know have families (parents, children, grandchildren) and friend groups that are established. 

I do things on my own, but it seems to be a rather solitary existence.

Marcy

5 comments (Tuesday 12/5/23)

Same here Marcy @MarcyW882921 and I HAVE to let my "only" child, a daughter FEEL okay with TIME AWAY from me.

YOU will meet OTHER "healthy" humans on YOUR Healing Journey when YOU get more "involved" in life! ๐Ÿ‘

The "trick" is to FIGURE OUT what DIRECTION you want to go... ๐Ÿ˜Ž

I want to get INVOLVED with animals BUT so NOT into the "politics and drama" I encountered last year when I tried it. Lol, I am RETIRED and not looking for a JOB (boss from h.ll, micro managing and so on).

Conversationalist

Morning.  I am hoping that once I get settled in my new state that I will be able to volunteer and help others.  I have enjoyed doing this most of my life.  I agree with you Nicole that sometimes doing so puts you in a place where they want more and more from you and it becomes a full time job!  I now realize my limitations and will NOT allow that to happen.  My husband use to tease me and say "You spend so much time volunteering, why don't you get a job and get paid for it!"  After the kids were in school, that is exactly what I did.  ๐Ÿคฃ  Marcy I agree that rebuilding a life and a circle of friends is hard, along with all the other adjustments we have to make.  It seems to me that you are doing an excellent job.  โค๏ธ

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP