Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

READ the comments and/or ADD a comment.

***A place to share and support***

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Screenshot_20230530-033419_Chrome.jpg

๐Ÿ“ธclipart attached๐Ÿ“ธ

Honored Social Butterfly

Per AARP's request, we have MOVED this Daily Chat Area. There is a LINK below to NEW location.

๐Ÿ•ฏA Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE ... - AARP Online Community

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Friends-Family/A-Place-To-Be-With-OTHERS-Who-Are-Grieving-WE-support-e...

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“ธ  Attachment  ๐Ÿ“ธ

I HOPE you have been able to find some support for YOUR journey.

It is SO HARD when we lose folks we CARE about.

Nicole  โ€Œ๐Ÿค—โ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿค—โ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿค—  (Grief Forum)โ€Œ

vlinder-dinie.gif

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

And all kinds of other things too if we are mindful and look for them. I have been bombarded recently with angel numbers and find them very comforting.

Grief is a long difficult journey and finding any kind of bright spots along the way certainly helps. ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒทโญ๏ธ๐ŸŒ•

Marcy

Honored Social Butterfly

Dear Marcy @MarcyW882921 , I am SO GLAD you have. Gosh, we have to grab whatever we can to continue on our Healing Journeys my friend. Luv you SO MUCH, Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[***MARCY wrote: And all kinds of other things too if we are mindful and look for them. I have been bombarded recently with angel numbers and find them very comforting.

Grief is a long difficult journey and finding any kind of bright spots along the way certainly helps. ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒทโญ๏ธ๐ŸŒ•

Marcy ***]

Honored Social Butterfly

TRY TO CONNECT WHILE YOU HEAL!!!

[1] GRIEVING - reaching out to OTHER grievers may help you FEEL less alone.

[2] KNOW A GRIEVER - gosh, any contact helps us FEEL that someone cares.

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—  (Grief Forum)

Honored Social Butterfly

Dear sweet and strong Cadee @Cadee2719 thank you SO MUCH for your PM.

I am letting EVERYONE know while you are MIA at the moment, you did let me know you are still alive.

Hang in there my friend and know that we ALL admire your strength in spite of losing your hubbie, brother and son within a few months of each other.

I am looking forward to your NEXT visit when you feel up to it.

Luv and ADMIRE you my friend.

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—  and  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist

Love and hugs to our dear friend Cadee @Cadee2719  ! I hope whatever challenges you are facing will give you a break soon.

Marcy

Honored Social Butterfly

It's Friday, on our way to the weekend.

To ALL GRIEVERS, know that your luv ones are ALWAYS with you as you travel on YOUR HEALING JOURNEY  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Weekends can be tough. What do you have planned that may be a positive distraction? For me it's making a spiritual connection, volunteering, and participating in a bowling fundraiser. Whatever your plans, I hope they provide some grief relief and maybe even bring some joy to your heart. 

Marcy

Honored Social Butterfly

SO GOOD to hear from you dear Marcy @MarcyW882921 !!!  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Well Mr.  ๐Ÿˆ  has provided a much needed relief from my GRIEVING and SO GRATEFUL.

Glad to hear you have a POSITIVE WEEKEND planned Bionic Marcy aka Ms. Chorus aka Ms. Zumba aka Ms. Tennis and Ms. Volunteer.

I am hoping Ms. Idaho aka Ms. Gourmet cook aka Cadee @Cadee2719 stops by to say hello. Lol, one BUSY lady these days and SO HAPPY her son moved when she did. NEW BEGINNINGS FOR THEM BOTH. As she said, she still has her MOMENTS like we all do. Losing her hubbie, son and brother within MONTHS OF EACH OTHER but ALWAYS gives us all luv and encouragement.

Luv you SO MUCH,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[MARCY wrote: Weekends can be tough. What do you have planned that may be a positive distraction? For me it's making a spiritual connection, volunteering, and participating in a bowling fundraiser. Whatever your plans, I hope they provide some grief relief and maybe even bring some joy to your heart. Marcy ***]
Silver Conversationalist

I'm so glad Nicole @iLuvAutumn that Mr. Cat has been helpful in relieving some of your grief. There is research to show many human conditions benefit from people interactioning with animals. 

Marcy

Honored Social Butterfly

Thank you SO MUCH Marcy @MarcyW882921 !!!

Luv you my friend,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** MARCY wrote: I'm so glad Nicole that Mr. Cat has been helpful in relieving some of your grief. There is research to show many human conditions benefit from people interactioning with animals.  Marcy ***]
Honored Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“ธ  Attachment  ๐Ÿ“ธ  Some days/nights WE can ALL use one of these. Stay strong my friends, SOON we will see our luv ones AGAIN  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

hugs-cat.gif

Honored Social Butterfly

โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿค—โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿค—โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿค—โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ  There's NO wrong way to GRIEVE. This quote acknowledges that there is NO right or wrong way to grieve, and that there is NO set time frame for the process. [Anonymous, Google]

Honored Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“ธ  An attachment for YOU  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

heal-healing.gif

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I  just changed my USERNAME. Heading to change AVATAR too.

Lol, it is me Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Thanks for a double heads up Nicole @iLuvAutumn!

Marcy

Honored Social Butterfly

You are welcome Bionic Marcy aka Ms. Chorus aka Ms. Zumba aka Ms. Tennis aka Ms. Volunteer @MarcyW882921  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** MARCY wrote: Thanks for a double heads up NicoleMarcy ***]
Honored Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“ธ  An attachment for YOU  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

hug-love.gif

Trusted Contributor

THAT put a smile on my face!

I was just dealing with a network issue and the first thing I see is that hug and kiss. 

Thank you my friend. 

Honored Social Butterfly

YOU are welcome Dr. Diane aka Dr. Walker @DianeB887812  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Nicole  ๐Ÿ‘ต

[*** DIANE wrote: THAT put a smile on my face!

I was just dealing with a network issue and the first thing I see is that hug and kiss. 

Thank you my friend. ***]

0 Kudos

Hello everyone, this thread's purpose is to offer support for those grieving and suffering a loss, wether recent or in the past.

Please keep the thread on topic, and treat EVERYONE with respect.

Please reply in thread to keep it all tidy, and refrain from breaching the guidelines which we expect you all to abide by.

Thanks everyone

Bronze Conversationalist

I think sharing thoughts on caring for oneself, making doctor appointments (and the difficulty in doing so), discussing relocating, dealing with finances and life's decisions are all important issues to discuss.  These are all a part of being alone and having to make big decisions for ourselves (perhaps for the very first time).  Once one "accepts" the reality of being alone, it is difficult to have to make these decisions for ourselves ALONE.  Hearing how others do it and have done it has been extremely helpful to me.  Accepting the loss is NOT the end of this journey.  Listening to tapes and reading books does not always offer the personal touch needed at times.   Having someone make us smile and knowing there are people out there that truly do care about you is a gift.

Honored Social Butterfly

Dear Cadee @Cadee2719 , we are allowed to do ALL the things you mentioned in your post BELOW within a PERSONAL POST.

For example - Diane @DianeB887812 and myself are ALLOWED to chat within HER POST. Lol, and we had been chatting up a storm!!! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

I did get PERMISSION from AARP to do this as I wanted to RESPECT what AARP Moderator @Underbat had posted in this THREAD.

So dear friend, I am STILL HERE - just in a different way.

I AGREE 100 percent with what you posted and will ALWAYS treasure the luv, support and courage you have shown.

Luv you Ms. Idaho aka Ms. Gourmet Cook!!!

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—  and  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** CADEE wrote: I think sharing thoughts on caring for oneself, making doctor appointments (and the difficulty in doing so), discussing relocating, dealing with finances and life's decisions are all important issues to discuss.  These are all a part of being alone and having to make big decisions for ourselves (perhaps for the very first time).  Once one "accepts" the reality of being alone, it is difficult to have to make these decisions for ourselves ALONE.  Hearing how others do it and have done it has been extremely helpful to me.  Accepting the loss is NOT the end of this journey.  Listening to tapes and reading books does not always offer the personal touch needed at times.   Having someone make us smile and knowing there are people out there that truly do care about you is a gift. ***]
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

(2 comments) SO GLAD EVERYONE IS DOING SELF CARE!!! KEEP IT UP PLEASE. THIS IS YOUR TIME AFTER YEARS (OR LESS) OF BEING A CAREGIVER.  โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘โ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿ‘โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘

Please UPDATE when you can (anymore appointments?  ๐Ÿค”)

Thanks my friends,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[1] Cadee @Cadee2719 - NOVEMBER appointment.

[2] Jonibee @jonibee - SEPTEMBER appointment.

[3] My bloodwork is JULY 24th. My 6-month Dental Cleaning in AUGUST. My 1st Bone Density in NOVEMBER.

Silver Conversationalist

I'm glad you're all taking care of yourselves. I'm still busy with decluttering clearing out a closet. Only got it half done. I'm busy all day with one thing or another. It takes longer to do things and get places now lol. It's good to be prepared. Except I think things happen when they are supposed to. So why should we worry so much. I do know the process itself is no picnic. Just slowing down and enjoy the nice weather, the day itself. Time takes care of many things. 

Trusted Contributor

Talking about self care @iLuvAutumn @how are those toes?

Honored Social Butterfly

(6 comments) ANY WEEKEND PLANS?

Weekends I stay in now that I am retired BUT working on some OPTIONS to be ELSEWHERE.

Maybe a Weekend Getaway while I work on moving to a QUIET location which is SAFE & has NATURE to enjoy.

Luv you guys,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

I am GLAD that you are working on options to be elsewhere.  I want you to be in a place that is SAFE, QUIET and PEACEFUL.  I know it is hard with the price of rents increasing everywhere.  How long have you lived in Virginia?  Are there other sections of the state that you would like to live in?  Are there places in bordering states that you like?  My weekend will find me staying inside.  It is suppose to be 105 here!!!!!  July is suppose to be the hottest month.  One thing I am thankful of is that the homes are well insulated so the air conditioner does keep the house comfortable.  Being out in the sun makes me lightheaded and the medication I take prohibits me from being out in the sun. So I will either find a good book to read or find a movie to watch.  It will be nice to do NOTHING and relax.   Mr. Cat is simply "training" Nicole on his being there more and more and soon he will be an inside cat.  ๐Ÿ˜‚   I think the two of you are meant to be together.  He โค๏ธ you and you โค๏ธ him.  Have a Great Weekend.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP