Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Contributor

Logging in over and over...

This has been going on for a couple of weeks now.  Have to log in each time we access AARP.  We never had to do this before.  Two different computers, and have even tried different browsers.  At times, I log in once, and I get the wrong email message, and I have to do it one or two more times before it takes.  That I don't get as I am not typing anything in where I can make an error in identity or password.  Just clicking on the auto program.
This is so tiresome.  If I leave the page and go back a few hours later, it is the same process again.

So, what's up?

Bronze Conversationalist

I'm rather new to this expressing my views to others who are Listening. Anyway I've been complaining to anyone that would listen and even expressed my views in Feedbacks and sent them a message through Facebook. I haven't heard from them yet. Each time I start my browser, I clear my cache files and log in. I use my phone and my laptop. After awhile my point total is different on both devices

I then have to clear my cache files again and sign back in. It's very discouraging. It seems to me , someone is sabotaging their software

I'm just saying. Promo codes being sent to my Spam folder. I noticed that the Items For Points have returned. Myself personally , don't waste Points on Daily prizes or Sweepstakes. I'm just going on and on. I guess we just hang in there until things return to normal. Thanks for listening

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

JodeeR I have tried numerous times to reply to your PM but when I hit reply and try to send the info, I get the message that I need to fix the "auto-filled" recipient address.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I have tried numerous times to reply to @AARPJodeeR through private message on another matter, and apparently JodeeR doesn't allow replies through private messenging or isn't set up to receive private messages. It's very strange that AARPJodeeR sends private messages to us, but can't receive replies back.
Community Concierge

@bonniesz50 I'm not sure what the issue is. If I send you a PM, you should be able to reply right from my message. If not, feel free to call 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277) and a member representative will be able to assist you. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Spoiler
Well, I'm confused now, Lauren, as it was Jodee who sent me the message.  I didn't say it was you.  But thanks so much for the info.
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I learned last month that points were not awarded for videos in the balance although they were listed in the transaction history field. I called and was awarded points but again not in the balance. Finally I was told to log out and back in again and then the balance was correct. BTW, the points balance was different when I went to the Staying Sharp part of the website. AT any rate, the last person I talked with in September said that there was a ticket about this problem and that it would be addressed. I've stayed away from AARP website for a while until tonight when I first tried the quizzes (no problem with assigning points) and then videos--still the same problem Had to logout and login again in order to find the awarded points for a video. Since this problem was entered in this discussion forum by someone on 9/4 and others had agreed before I did, one could say that way too much time has gone by without a resolution. AARP staff should be monitoring these discussions to discover problems. 

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I have also noticed the need to log in multiples times during the day to access AARP for the past several weeks.  This must be another enhancement to the site.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP