Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 21 of 24

I have no problem keeping my New Years Resolution. It is the same every year: I RESOLVE TO NOT MAKE A NEW YEARS RESOLUTION!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 24

I don't recall ever making any new year's resolutions. The whole concept of doing something just because I opened a new calendar just doesn't register with me. If I want to do something new or make a change in what I do, I just do it whenever I have the desire to. The date is irrelevant to me.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 24

If it's something I really want to do, I put an alert in my iPhone so that I'm reminded regularly. For example practicing my French every Tuesday and Thursday at 8 pm, or doing a plank every morning at 6:00. I think it's important to schedule goals into your week in a specific time. I don't always do what I'd planned, but most of the time the guilt at not doing it outweighs my laziness or business. If I can't keep u with a goal I rethink the scheduling so that I can be more successful. If it's something more general like losing 10 pounds I would schedule in exercise sessions and reminders to eat small amounts slowly, etc. This seems to work for me. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

New Year's Resolutions

Message 24 of 24

Are you one of the 8% who achieve your New Year's goals?  Tell us how you do it! 

And if you aren't - we get it!  Have you ever achieved a resolution?

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Take Pen Pal Safety Precautions