Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist

Re: New Year's Resolutions

Message 1 of 24

I don't make resolutions for the new year.  If I feel I should be doing something, or doing something better or differently, I attempt to do it no matter what time of year it is.  

Happy New Year to all of you, whether or not you make a resolution!

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Message 2 of 24

Just keep on keepin on.  With the goal of meeting each birthday in generally good health.

Highlighted
Conversationalist

Message 3 of 24
Go on a vegetarian diet, you will lose 50 pounds in a year, your cholesterol will vanish, you will have good blood pressure, your thyroid will go back to normal, if it’s out of whack.
For breakfast, try Tofu Ginger Soup- put all vegetables of your choice, no rice or noodles.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 4 of 24

Be good for myself. Focus on doing good for my well being and bringing joy to life. Keep a positive attitude and laugh at myself when things aren't exactly as planned. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Real New Year's Resolutions

Message 5 of 24

I will stay far away from Cole and get much closer to Brooklyn--for real!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 6 of 24

New Years resolutions for me are in vain. At my age (64), I've got enough things I should be doing to keep myself in some sort of decent shape. I walk 60-75 minutes everyday and try to eat healthier. If I keep at it, I feel so much better. Life is getting more stressful; why bring more of it on yourself?

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 7 of 24

I share my new year's resolutions with my grandchildren. Last year I set a goal to communicate more frequently with family and loved ones. I started by writing a letter to each grandchild each month sharing family stories and challenging each of them with positive quotes I have collected along the way. I really don't want to disappoint them and also 2ant to inspire them. So I have kept this resolution. This year I am focusing on recognizing all that I am thankful for. I will share this in my letters and again challenge them. Believe me, I will not let my grandchildren down!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 8 of 24

I made a resolution three years ago to lose some weight (I've kept about 17 pounds off sucessfully).  I had to think about what my major "weakness" was - and realized that my willpower evaporated in the evening at home if there was junk food easily available.

I wrote an article about it for Ideal Living Magazine - it may interest others if they have the same issue.

Here it is:  https://www.ideal-living.com/7-lifestyle-hacks/

Jan Cullinane, author, The Single Woman's Guide to Retirement (AARP)

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 24

I'm not one for making or keeping resolutions. Making a list is impractical and can only be overwhelming. I do set certain goals when the need arises, and mostly try to deal with one issue at a time. This is easier for me due to my ADD from childhood.

For example, when I started heart medication I gave up drinking wine, replacing it with alkaline mineral water, and started an exercise routine. I made it a habit to exercise or walk at a certain time every day and gradually increased distance and effort. I can easily walk 2.0 to 3.0 miles at a vigorous pace. I really hate it when the weather is so bad that I miss my daily walk, but I settle for some indoor exercising on those days.

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Contributor

Message 10 of 24

I make changes when I want to make changes, if it happens to fall after Jan1 that does not mean its a resolution. Love you guys. May you have a better New Year!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Take Pen Pal Safety Precautions:
Learn more.

Top Authors