Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What games to you play to keep your brain healthy?

Message 21 of 43

My favorite is Rummikub both with my husband and online and I also play solitaire. Plus I love to read all the time.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 43

@s166280s wrote:

I do online games.  I also love word search, Finding words on my game site.  They give you clues and you put the letters where they belong.    I read magazines and lots of emails.  I do feel like the email keeps my mind going

My favorite games all Mahjong games Solitiare

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 43

My favorite games all Mahjong games Solitiare

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 43

I do a lot of crossord puzzles and play Free Cell and Spider Solitaire.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 43
I play sudoku, solitair and Lumosity
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 43

I play Mensa Kakuro. It's Sudoku on steroids.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 43

In order, the Jumble, Sudoku, and crossword puzzle found in the Philadelphia Inquirer get my neurons moving just after breakfast. And like Rainman, I have to watch Jeopardy every weekday evening.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 43

I don't get the newspaper every day, but I enjoy doing the Jumble when I do.  Every night before going to bed I play games on my tablet until I'm sleepy.  I play Spades, Hearts, Solitaire, 7 Words and Scrabble against the computer.  I occasionally play Backgammon and Word Search on it, too.  I also bring my tablet to the doctor's office and other appointments to entertain myself while waiting.  I have these games on my smart phone, too, and I play them in restaurants and such while waiting for my friends to join me.  I'm heavily into genealogy research, too.  I research almost daily, and it keeps my mind ticking while searching for those elusive new clues!  : )

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 43

I enjoy crossword puzzles as well as online solitaire. I too watch and play along with Jeopardy. Locally in the Washington DC TV viewing area, we have a high school quiz show, "It's Academic" on Saturday mornings which covers literature, history, art, mathematics and sciences. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 43

I solve the Jumble and Cryptoquote daily.  Occasionally, I do the crossword puzzle.  And, I play both Solitaire and Mahjong online.  I play Trivia Crack on my phone.  Occasionally, I play HQ Trivia, but there's too much hipster clowning around, and they're not truthful about the questions being "progressively" harder.  There's three simple questions, then one bizzare question that about half the players get wrong . . . and get eliminated, then there are eight questions of varying difficulty, but by then you're just a spectator.  I also play along while watching Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune!

Kudos
Views