Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

WHY DOES AARP INSIST ON BLOCKING THE "SKIP AD" BUTTON ON THE SITE AND APP???? VERY DECEPTIVE :-(

Periodic Contributor

WHY DOES AARP INSIST ON BLOCKING THE "SKIP AD" BUTTON ON THE SITE AND APP???? VERY DECEPTIVE :-(

Every single time an awards video opens, it opens with an ad, and the bottom right after 5-10 seconds the "SKIP AD" button will pop up, but 100% of the time it is blocked off.   

Just very deceptive to people and probably the more computer illiterate.  Maybe not a big deal to some but I think it's just sucks we cant just hit play and not have to go thru this nonsense to get rid of a repetitive ad

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. Yes I too have had this problem.  As we all know, AARP must make as much money as they can. I once had a 3 minute ad pop up but I was able to skip it. Most of the ads won't allow you to skip until at least half the ad has played so AARP can get paid. As @nctarhee mentioned you go to your app store and download AdBlock Plus. ( It's a browser like Chrome and Edge) I downloaded the app AdBlock Browser from Google Play Store ( if you have a iphone, just got your Apple Store) and so far it's not showing any ads. I've looked at 6 videos and no ads. Give it a try. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@KevinHoffmanEst,

Why don't you add AdBlockerPlus to your browser that you use for AARP?

It is free.

Easy to install.

And it gets rid of the ads on AARP'S web site.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP