Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Rewards not added to my account. I have not maxed out today March 4

Contributor

Rewards not added to my account. I have not maxed out today March 4

The rewards page is not showing the points I earned today, March 4, 2023. I have not maxed out. The last added points were recorded yesterday March 3, 2023.  No points have been added to my account. I have played games, watched videos, and answered quizzes.  I complete the activity but the system does not record the points earned.  I thought there was a glitch this morning but I tried again in the afternoon with the same results: NO POINTS ADDED for reward activities completed. How can I fix the problem?

Trusted Contributor

I did the chat today.  Requested 22,500 points for 3 missed days.  Started with chat bot and just requested a real person.  Took less than 10 minutes total and my account was quickly credited for the days Rewards wasn't working.

Mary Ann Hoffman
Trusted Contributor

UPDATE  I received points today after a lengthy chat.  I asked them if all members have to chat or call, they said YES.  I asked why not just give everyone the missing points since it was a multi day outage.  Because not all members use this feature daily.

Look under transaction history then adjustments.  I tried to cut and paste this but it is not letting me post it.

Social Butterfly

There seems to be a number of paths to contact AARP about missing points.

After the rewards pages were active again I requested my missing points a second time.

This is how I got through at about 7:30ET on Throw-away Monday night:

I tried the chat button (red circle) found on the following page:

https://help.aarp.org/s/ 

Live Chat is available from 8AM-8PM ET

Towards the bottom of the page it shows a variety of ways to contact

AARP. 

ContactUS.jpg

Again, I chose the chat circle and posted my request for the missing points because AARP rewards was down this weekend and I was not getting credit for any rewards activities. 

I posted:

"May I please get credit for two days of rewards points because the reward site was down and I did not get credit for points on Saturday or Sunday, March 4th and 5th?"

The chat bot came back with: 

"Sorry, I didn't quite understand that. Can you rephrase what you said? Here are a few things you can ask me:
( 2m 37s ) AARPBOT: - Order a card
- Change my address
- Can you show me my account info?
- I want to add a secondary member
- How can I earn more Rewards points?"

Then I reposted the same question:

"May I please get credit for two days of rewards points because the reward site was down and I did not get credit for points on Saturday or Sunday, March 4th and 5th?"

After which the chat bot responded:

" Sorry, I'm still having trouble understanding. A human will be better able to assist you. Would you like to chat with an Agent?
( 3m 8s ) AARPBOT: {ChatWindowButton:Yes,No}

And, I posted:

"Yes"

A human answered me, asked for name and address, reviewed my account and asked me how many points that I believe that I was due?  I answered 7,500 per day.  She posted 15,000 to my account and there was a survey link at the end that I gave top ratings because it was about the agent's customer service.

Maybe this will be of help whether you call, text, chat, etc.

AndrewToo
Periodic Contributor

Thank you @andrewtoo! Your directions were awesome and I highly encourage everyone to ask for your maximum rewards points for the three days.

Click the chat button (red circle) found on the following page:

https://help.aarp.org/s/ 

Live Chat is available from 8AM-8PM ET

I did the chat today (March 7, Tuesday 10 am CST) and was able to get the maximum rewards points of 22,500 for BOTH my wife and I for the three days (March 3, 4, & 5; Friday, Saturday & Sunday) that reward points were UNable to be earned with quizzes and videos.. 

Conversationalist

Ditto for me. I got Krystle through the Live Chat and she most adeptly fixed my missing points very quickly. Thanks to all who were patient enough to let me know this way does work. I am not known for my patience, and I gave up before I got through on Monday. (Got through in just a couple of minutes today) Thanks, kids!

Trusted Contributor

just maxed out for today Monday March 6 but could not get on chat successfully after 2 tries and lost connection...will try again tomorrow for lost points.

Trusted Contributor

PS just noticed the points I thought I used on March 3-6 for redemptions  did not go through, even though I could not redo those, said you already played today for other days so maybe no one was able to redeem points especially for sweeps etc.

Social Butterfly

I tried the BOT and got a person to help me but in the end she couldn't reward the points because the rewards site is down.  But thanks for the information @KellytheBelly 

( 13m 54s ) Mercedes: <name>, give us a call. The Rewards site is down at the moment.
( 14m 2s ) Mercedes: I am unable to add the points for you.

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

@AARPJanelleM @Underbat @AARPTeri 

This is the second video that was rather long and, as you can see, I didn't get credit.

Communication is key, rewards members are frustrated.

When will this intermittent problem be fixed?  Should we even be trying to earn points right now?

Thanks!

6min video.jpg

Sorry-Huh-Me-Too.jpg

AndrewToo
Honored Social Butterfly

Me:     MeMe

You:    YouYou

Us:      UsUs

Whee! Whee!Whee!  

😔

Trusted Contributor

Still down 7:15 AM 3/6

Mary Ann Hoffman
Social Butterfly

Well, I can't seem to earn points for my activities today?

Do we have a Throw-away Monday to celebrate!

Chin-up, Stay Positive and Enjoy the Show...🙃🙃🙃

AndrewToo
Honored Social Butterfly

Closing time on 'Throw-away Monday!' Site is back up and running, and I just earned my points for the day. Just letting you know. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment)@KellytheBelly you are ALWAYS looking out for us! Luv your "new" avatar. Lol, I didnot know it was you at first! 🤣😂 Nicole 🙃

➡️@KellytheBelly wrote:

Closing time on 'Throw-away Monday!' Site is back up and running, and I just earned my points for the day. Just letting you know. 🙂⬅️

Honored Social Butterfly

Thank you, Nicole! 🙂  🤗

I do miss my widdle kitten, but it was time for a change. 

I'll just leave this here...  My first AARP avatar -- 12-17-2020My first AARP avatar -- 12-17-2020

Kudos
Views
Regular Contributor

Apparently the AARP Rewards Admin and tech team have all "retired".

Conversationalist

Nah! Elan Musk fired them all....

Honored Social Butterfly

Nooooooooooooo, we need them! 😂

Here's my outlook for earning points tonight... BLEAK! 😉

So says the 8-ball, it's not good.    yah I know.gif

oy vey.png

Oy Vey!Oy Vey!

Trusted Contributor

For the past several days, no points earned and no daily visit points awarded, BUT points were able to be redeemed for Gift cards, Instant Wins, and Sweepstakes.  There were a few technical difficulties/errors on some of the Instant Wins games.  Maybe AARP wants us to use up our points.

Trusted Contributor

Here's a question: Did anyone actually receive anything for redeeming points for gift cards, instant wins, or sweepstakes?  Or have we just been throwing our points away for the last 3+ days?

choochoochas
Periodic Contributor

Yes, I have been thinking the same thing about whether anyone actually DID receive anything for redeeming points for gift cards, instant wins, and sweepstakes!

I agree, it really seems like we, AARP members, have just been throwing our points away for the last 3+ days! 

Please Post if anyone has successfully redeemed points for Instant Wins!

I Was able to redeem points for Entries for Gift Cards and Entries for sweepstakes prizes. But it would be nice to know if anyone won an INSTANT PRIZE WITH REDEEMED POINTS.

Conversationalist

Nada here. I play the instant sweepstakes games everyday.

Regular Contributor

It *appears* (note the stress on "appears") that I received the sweepstakes entries I bought.  But AARP's tech is so pathetic that I have no idea if I really did.

Contributor

Same thing for me. Inexcusable IT issue. I normally Max Out daily. No points since March 3. Unacceptable!

Social Butterfly

Rather than the cutesy Throwback Thursday, we have the Throw-out Saturday and Sunday.

Let's enjoy our Game of Throwns!

Yeah, Yeah, I think I'm funny...frustration brings that out of me, I suppose 👿

AndrewToo
Regular Contributor

You are funny!!  That was hysterical and put a smile on my face.  

Periodic Contributor

Third Consecutive Day of no earned Reward points for quizzes and videos (March 3, 4 & 5).

This has been going on all weekend! 

AARP which is a multi-million member organization needs to reward all paid/free members maximum points (7,500/5,000) for this IT failure!

Inexcusable for a nationwide organization.

EVERY AARP MEMBER NEEDS TO CLAIM ALL REWARD POINTS LOST FOR THESE 3 DAYS VIA CHAT OR PHONE CALL ON MONDAY.

We may crash the AARP website but the IT Department and National AARP Leadership will get the message of poor customer service.

Trusted Contributor

FYI--- the Chat is not any use Monday am..."No agents are available".  Guess we have to wait for the "scheduled maintenance" to be finished.  But I still plan to demand my missing points!

choochoochas
Honored Social Butterfly

I received my points for the 'lost 3 days' this morning.

Went to Help, Chat, received the AARPBOT whom tried to offer generic suggestions, I answered 'No,' (about not being helpful), turned over to agent Tonya, and was credited the unattainable earn points for 3 days. My credit was 22,500 points, actually. The session lasted about 13 minutes. Hope this helps.

Transcript of AARP Agent Assistance 03-06-2023 11:27AM-11:40AMTranscript of AARP Agent Assistance 03-06-2023 11:27AM-11:40AM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP