Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

Can't access my account through the app

Periodic Contributor

Can't access my account through the app

If I click on anything in the AARP phone app that accesses my account, the page never loads (just a rotating arrow).  I also have not received any points for steps for at least a week or two.  Anything you can do to help?  Thanks, Tony.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@TonyH736175 Thanks for reaching out, Tony. Let me help! Are you able to login to the AARP Now app? Check out our help article to get back on track: https://aarp.info/3kql5oi Also, I checked the status of your fitness tracker and it was desynced on 7/28. Please check the permissions in your Google Fit app and make sure AARP Now has access to steps, cycling, and swimming data. You can also visit Google Fit support pages for more help.

Periodic Contributor

Janelle, I can now log into my account which I couldn't before.  Thank you for fixing that!  My Google Fit says it's connected with AARP, so will see if it gives me points for my steps now.  Thanks again. 

@AARPJanelleM wrote:

@TonyH736175 Thanks for reaching out, Tony. Let me help! Are you able to login to the AARP Now app? Check out our help article to get back on track: https://aarp.info/3kql5oi Also, I checked the status of your fitness tracker and it was desynced on 7/28. Please check the permissions in your Google Fit app and make sure AARP Now has access to steps, cycling, and swimming data. You can also visit Goog

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@TonyH736175 Great! You are most welcome. I added the missing points to your balance: https://www.aarp.org/rewards/transaction/#view=adjustments Let me know if you have any further issues. Also, please note that after reaching a fitness milestone points will be deposited on the Calendar Day following the completion of the activity. 

Periodic Contributor

I got the missing points, thank you Janelle.

I still can't get the AARP app to give me any points for my steps.  I tried re-installing the Google Fit app but didn't help.  I then removed the Google Fit tracker from the AARP app and re-added it and can confirm that it says "Google Fit synced".  Also confirmed that the AARP app is connected to my Google fit app.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@TonyH736175 Thanks for getting back to me. I checked the status of your tracker and it was re-synced yesterday. Everything looks good on your account. Let me know if you reach milestones today that you do not receive points for by tomorrow so we can investigate this further!

Periodic Contributor

Just got this message from AARP when I opened the app. Thought I'd share in case others had the same problem.  I had given up on getting my Rewards points for my 5000+ steps in a day.  After getting this message, I checked and I am now getting my points again.  Yay!  Janelle, if you read this, thanks for all your help with this, I'm sure they only recently figured out that there was an issue.AARP Now.jpg

Community Concierge

@TonyH736175 You are very welcome! Feel free to reach out if you have any issues going forward ๐Ÿ™‚

0 Kudos
Contributor

Good afternoon,

Hopefully this message will reach you. I'm at my wits end with trying to find help. I see that you have been assisting others that have the same problems. I purchased $5000 worth of Carnival gift cards. 9/19/23 and 9/20/23. i have yet to receive the cards. I need to receive by Oct 7th. I have been in contact with the person assign to case.(Sam) He has no explanation as to why my cards have not been delivered after the 48hour time frame. I have spoken to members of the rewards team and their supervisor(Lynn) I have called the ombudsman several times. No answer. I NEED HELP!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP