Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bi-Week payments

Hello

Has anybody looked into the possibility of changing to a bi-weekly schedule of  social security payments? Any ideas out there. Thanks

Honored Social Butterfly

@AlfredoH220941 wrote:

Has anybody looked into the possibility of changing to a bi-weekly schedule of  social security payments? Any ideas out there. Thanks

Here is a suggestion - Have your SS benefit auto deposited into a Money Market or Savings Account and then move it on a bi-weekly schedule to meet your needs.  No need to change the whole system which would cost us as taxpayers more money when you can control when it hits your checking account and is put into use.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
Social Butterfly

I'm happy with the monthly pay but I have my retirement pay too. I also have savings of I have to use it.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I can see an advantage to biweekly payments. I always preferred being paid weekly or biweekly when I worked. When I was younger, especially, I enjoyed having that extra paycheck every 3 or 6 months, respectively, so I could plan something extra if I wanted or fill in where I had fallen behind.

As I got older, I learned to manage my money better and it didn't matter how often I got paid. Now that I'm retired, the monthly Social Security check is not a hardship. I just have all my monthly bills laid out and one of those is to pay off my credit card in full every month as I use it for my outside spending so I don't pay any fees or interest.

For individuals, biweekly pay can do some good if its properly managed. I just wonder if the doubling of the SSA effort to fulfill and send all those checks or electronic transfers would add to their burden and costs.

I'd be glad to stay with the monthly pay. All my bills are monthly. I make room for the extras in my own way from savings, now.

I enjoyed the thought.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP